SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry in Rolling Stone Mag - RE: Swiftvets and more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Kerry in Rolling Stone Mag - RE: Swiftvets and more Reply with quote

from azpatriot's post
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13739

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=536&ncid=536&e=5&u=/ap/20041020/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_terror_alerts

Kerry in Rolling Stone Mag - not only does he say we should discontinue the terror elerts, he says this about the Swiftvets:

Kerry said he felt "a sense of bitter disappointment" by the ads run by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth that questioned his conduct and the medals he received as a naval lieutenant during the Vietnam War. But he insisted he and others had dealt effectively with the ad controversy, despite widespread criticism that his campaign had been slow to respond.

"Look, when people hold up something that's a complete and total lie, it takes a few days to show people and convince them. We did. They've been completely discredited," Kerry said. "I was surprised that the media, even when they knew it was lies, continued to cover it and treat it as entertainment."
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When this election is history and the political "discomfort" of MSM with the SVPT revelations has abated, there will be a trickle and then a torrent of pseudo-journalists trying to recapture their lost credibility.

Michael Dobbs...are you listening?
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Look, when people hold up something that's a complete and total lie, it takes a few days to show people and convince them. We did. They've been completely discredited," Kerry said.

Show me your hat from the CIA guy who you took into Cambodia on Christmas Eve, 1968 when Nixon was President one more time? Pleeeeeeeze?

Kerry hasn't discredited ANYTHING except his uniform, his honor, and his integrity. Oh, and every single military vet of the Vietnam War.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONCE AGAIN, John Kerry has taken the coward's route.
He only gives interviews where it's "safe".
Freakin Coward Mad Mad
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transfering my post over to this thread, someone already beat me to the punch! Very Happy

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6562106?pageid=rs.NewsArchive&pageregion=mainRegion&rnd=1098291710716&has-player=true
Quote:

How did you feel when you first saw those Swift-boat ads?

Disappointed -- a sense of bitter disappointment. That people will stoop to those depths of lying -- for their personal reasons.

Did you get angry at Bush personally?

Look, I know politics is tough, and I don't spend a lot of time worrying about what they do to me. But I do worry, and I am angry, about what they do to the American people. That's what this race is about. It's not about me. I can take it -- I don't care. I've been in worse things. I was on those boats -- I got shot at. I can handle it.

What I worry about is that they lie to America. What I worry about is that they tell the middle class, "We're giving you a tax cut," and the top one percent of America gets more than eighty percent of the rest of the people. I worry that they are unwilling to do anything about the 5 million Americans who have lost their health care.

I worry that there are twenty-eight states in America where you can't go fishing and eat the fish, because of the quality of the water. I worry that they've gotten us into a war where young kids are dying, and they haven't done what's responsible to protect them. That's what I worry about. The rest of it is small pickings.

You don't get angry when Bush outright lies about you?

No, I don't get angry at it. I think it's sort of pathetic.

Were you surprised by how the Swift-boat thing blew up?

I was surprised that the media, even when they knew it was lies, continued to cover it and treat it as entertainment.
Looking back, do you think you handled it correctly?

I think so. Look, when people hold up something that's a complete and total lie, it takes a few days to show people and convince them. We did. They've been completely discredited.

Every time Kerry comments about the SwiftVets it just makes me despise him more and more. Where are all the lies Senator Kerry??? And am I wrong on this, or but did he say "What I worry about is that they lie to America"---Meaning President Bush according to the question. What happened to you saying you never said President Bush "lied"?

Quote:
Look, when people hold up something that's a complete and total lie, it takes a few days to show people and convince them. We did.

Oh, you did, did you? Well, I'm still waiting and its been more than a "few days"
Jeff Carrington
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
When this election is history and the political "discomfort" of MSM with the SVPT revelations has abated, there will be a trickle and then a torrent of pseudo-journalists trying to recapture their lost credibility.

Michael Dobbs...are you listening?

Amen, and amen again, Admin.
Shane's PopPop
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ord33 posted most of the Kerry lies to Rolling Stone.<p>
The ones that stand out are
Quote:
I was surprised that the media, even when they knew it was lies, continued to cover it and treat it as entertainment.
and
Quote:
Look, when people hold up something that's a complete and total lie, it takes a few days to show people and convince them. We did. They've been completely discredited.

Now any person that can quote and prove an instance where the media has ever asked Kerry a question about these brave men that he answered without calling them liars, also show me the who, when and how they have been discredited and by whom. May contact me at.
rocksblues@att.net
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane,

Agreed. Its a lost cause it seems. There has not been a single SPECIFIC question about any SwiftVet claim directed toward Kerry. Only softballs like "What do you think of the SwiftVets"---Like he's gonna say there his best pals now??? Then you have the question the media asks him about the SwiftVets "Do you think you handled it right, or did you wait too long? The media has been an absolute disgrace about this. I'm beginning to doubt Kerry will go on O'Reilly now because he knows O'Reilly MIGHT actually ask a specific, pointed question about the SwiftVets/POW claims(the way O'Reilly has been lately though, who knows?!).
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF Kerry gets elected, with the airing of "Stolen Honor" and print articles such as the ones above, I suspect that Kerry will hold even fewer press conferences than Bush currently schedules. For better reasons.

Four years of that, and "wounds that never heal" might take on new meaning.

For those reasons and those reasons alone, I sincerely hope Kerry loses the election by a reasonably large margin. I'm afraid that a victory by Kerry, or a Bush victory with an extremely close margin will keep issues like this alive longer than I'd like.

Then again, looking at it from the "glass is half full" perspective, maybe this country DOES need a bit of rational self-examination. VVAW, Kerry, and the like have had a long term impact that has led us to our current difficulties in intelligence gathering methods and philosophies.
charmingtail
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is costing me and my mom money everytime he opens his mouth...we get so mad, we make another donation to the Swift Vets! But when we see those great ads in Ohio we are so proud to be a part of it. It always feels like "I helped do that!!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: