SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our troops are hardly anyone according to Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Our troops are hardly anyone according to Kerry Reply with quote

Kerry quote from Mason City Iowa

"I will lead and I believe others will follow," Kerry said. "The president says he's a leader. Well, Mr. President, look behind you. There's hardly anyone there. It's not leadership if we haven't built the strongest alliance possible and if America is going almost alone."

Why Mr. Kerry do the troops support their current Commander & Chief over you?

I guess in your mind the troops are hardly anyone.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
.::geo::.
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I was listening to Rush earlier, and there was some audio file he had of John Kerry in 1994 on CNN (I can't seem to find the direct quote) that basically broke down to this: If we lose troops in a battle led by the UN, that's okay... but if we lose troops in a unilateral battle, that's just wrong.

I didn't catch the entire thing, but from what I did get out of it, it was Rush's way of showing that Kerry's 'global test' thinking isn't anything new. I think we all knew that already, but to have it right out there in Kerry's own words prooves it.

With the leading and following portion of it.. If Kerry's elected our 'leader'... Only those he's brainwashed will follow.

e,

Georgi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not leadership if America is going almost alone? Since when?
Is it leadership when you can't go anywhere without a unanimous pack all around you, confirming your every decision and urging you on?

When somebody's out front, alone or with few, that's how I spot leadership.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado, you'll never come to your senses...
You've been sitting on fences
For too long now.

It must be raining - seems there's a snitstorm above you
You'd need to find someone who loves you
But, I'm sure it's too late

Does your conscience burn at election time?
The stars come out, but your light don't shine.
And it's hard to know from where that last blast came.

Seems to me your highest hopes
Went flying over that fence post
That day you threw your countrymen away.

Desperado, how do you cling to your reasons
For the slander and treason
Dished out long ago

Oh yeah, you're a poser and you're reaping the whirlwind
Your fellow sailors exposed you
To clue us all in.
wshhml
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Going it alone? Reply with quote

Seems Kerry exaggerated his foreign leader support. First, Kwasniewski of Poland slammed Kerry for demeaning Polish troops in Iraq and praised the President. Koizumi of Japan just about endorsed President Bush for re-election in saying we need him. Putin of Russia says terrorists are aiming for a Bush defeat and that's really what the attacks in Iraq are aimed at and Howard of Austrailia came out and said he hopes Bush wins, he's a great leader in the war against terror and what the world needs. Kerry has nothing to offer and has Arafat endorsing him.
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's marchin' to the sound of his own drumbeat, in a direction all his own. He hasn't realized that the rest of us have gone a different direction, makin' real music. He won't realize that until he hits a dead end on 2 November. Then, what will poor lil John do?? Twisted Evil
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

.::geo::. wrote:
I was listening to Rush earlier, and there was some audio file he had of John Kerry in 1994 on CNN (I can't seem to find the direct quote) that basically broke down to this: If we lose troops in a battle led by the UN, that's okay... but if we lose troops in a unilateral battle, that's just wrong.

From Beldar's latest post:

Quote:
From a front-page story in tomorrow's WaPo (boldface added):

Quote:
NATO and the United Nations appear to be touchstones for the Democratic nominee, not just the troublesome hurdles that they appear to be to President Bush. In speeches over the years, Kerry repeatedly has denounced unilateral action.

Kerry's belief in working with allies runs so deep that he has maintained that the loss of American life can be better justified if it occurs in the course of a mission with international support. In 1994, discussing the possibility of U.S. troops being killed in Bosnia, he said, "If you mean dying in the course of the United Nations effort, yes, it is worth that. If you mean dying American troops unilaterally going in with some false presumption that we can affect the outcome, the answer is unequivocally no."

The simplest reading of this weird statement is that the cause an American soldier fights and dies for is worthwhile if — but only if — it's been duly blessed by the United Nations. One presumes he means the Security Counsel — meaning we'd only have to get unanimous approval from the Brits, Germans, French, Russians, and Chinese to convert our solders' sacrifices from worthless to worthwhile.

Given that he believes that all legitimacy in the use of military force comes from the U.N., one has to wonder why he's running for President, and not for the Secretary-Generalship of the U.N.! Rolling Eyes
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo Juliet,

Bravo Zulu.

Great words for a great song. Very Happy
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Glad you like it, Scott.

Kerry is "desperado," at the moment - he's just slinging snit to see if anything sticks anywhere.

The Swiftees have pretty much precluded that - and just when he thinks he might get off scot-free, they'll be there to dish out another dose of truth.

I have to admit that I'm enjoying the show - Kerry squirming and wriggling, trying to find a way out of what he's said and done and come up with new policies on the fly.

Twisted Evil

Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Desperado Reply with quote

Dear Echo Juliet:

Any chance you could get Charlie Daniels to sing that?

I know it was written by the Eagles, but I think they're in the tank for Kerry...
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk Forum

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: