SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TO THE PEOPLE OF COLORADO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: TO THE PEOPLE OF COLORADO Reply with quote

Hey! Here's an idea! Why not make the state of Colorado entirely inconsequential when it comes to a presidential election! I understand that you have a little proposition on your ballot in November that would allow Colorado's nine electoral votes to be apportioned on the basis of vote percentages in your state. In other words, if Bush were to get 51 percent of the Colorado vote with Kerry getting 49%, the electoral votes would be five for Bush, four for Kerry.

Well, it's certainly your right to make up your own minds as to how your electoral votes will be cast. If you wanted to give Colorado back country ski guides the sole and exclusive right to chose electors that would pass Constitutional muster. But ... just a word of warning. If you pass this measure Colorado will become completely inconsequential in presidential elections. You will have seen your last major party presidential candidate during a campaign. Right now in your state a one or two percentage point swing in the popular vote could mean a nine vote swing in electoral votes. That's worth campaigning for. If you pass this silly little proposal then that one or two percentage point swing would be worth one electoral vote. That would simply not be worth the effort.

So ... go ahead and pass this proposal if you think it might help one candidate or the other in this year's election. Then watch as Colorado disappears into a snow bank when the next presidential election comes around.

Someone in Colorado is trying to sell you a bill of goods. Question their motives.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the fact that, at least by all reports that I've seen lately, this measure is unlikely to pass, perhaps the hostility in this post is a bit misplaced--C
diajohn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Electoral College Reply with quote

Relax a bit. The polls show this idea brought to us from California and financed from there will fail on Nov. 2.
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO
I already voted against it. Our real trouble is that these mountains are like a Roach motel, these liberals come here for the Rocky Mountain High but they never leave.

Its really sad my family came here in 1890s in a scooner, my Great great great grandfather died in a mining fire in cripple creek colorado, our real trouble is we have a huge influx from states like California, New York, Oklahoma, and it seems to me most of them bring their liberal politics with them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: