SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush Turns Down Interview With BET - Local News Outraged

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Bush Turns Down Interview With BET - Local News Outraged Reply with quote

I was watching my local news tonight, and they were throwing a major fit about President Bush not granting an interview to BET (Black Entertainment Network) prior to the election. For some odd reason (sarcasm) I havent seen my local news' outrage over Kerry not going on O'Reilly, Hannity & Colmes, or the probably 100's of other interviews he has turned down. I hope the MSM doesnt jump on this tomorrow, knowing them, they probably will.

The following are my opinions only --- IF Bush had the time/opportunity (I can understand if he wouldnt, he's gotta be extremely busy and overflowed with interview requests) I would hope that he would have granted the interview. I believe he has strong points and has plenty of accomplishments in his 4 years that have benefited all Americans, including African-Americans. Pres. Bush's polls went from receiving only 9% of the black vote in 2000 and is up to 18% now. Other than the time issue, I can only see one reason why President Bush would not go on BET. Perhaps he disagrees with some of their programming with respect to values, the rap songs with abusive language and exploitation of women in a lot of the videos? I know BET has good programming as well, so I dont know if this would be the case. One thing is for sure, the media hasnt been outraged over Kerry's lack of interviews (other than O'Reilly and he hasnt been outraged...YET).

Here is a link from BET's homepage about Bush not being able to do the interview.
http://www.bet.com/News/bushrejection.htm?wbc_purpose=Basic&WBCMODE=PresentationUnpublished

And by the way, Kerry's interview with BET was sorry, here is a link for the thread of the Kerry BET interview. http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=93490#93490

Last edited by ord33 on Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is also will not be granting an interview to MTV or the Playboy Channel.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: BET Reply with quote

So we'll never know if it's boxers or briefs???

No wonder there are still Undecided's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: