SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Most Amazing John Kerry Quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: The Most Amazing John Kerry Quote Reply with quote

Quote:
The Most Amazing John Kerry Quote

October 20, 2004
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

There is a story today in the Washington Post by Helen Dewar and Thomas Ricks, the headline: Help of Allies Among Three Key Themes. I want you to listen to this quote from Kerry. This quote is actually from April 17th of 1994 on CNN's Late Edition. This is back when Frank Sesno hosted the program. This is the third paragraph of the story in the Washington Post today.

"Kerry's belief in working with allies runs so deep that he has maintained that the loss of American life can be better justified if it occurs in the course of a mission with international support. In 1994, discussing the possibility of U.S. troops being killed in Bosnia, he said, 'If you mean dying in the course of the United Nations effort, yes, it is worth that. If you mean dying American troops unilaterally going in with some false presumption that we can affect the outcome, the answer is unequivocally no.'"

So I mean there you have it. John Kerry believes that American troops dying under the banner of the UN flag is acceptable, when dying under the banner of the American flag is not. I hope he's asked about this. This is something that shows up again in the Washington Post today, it's from 1994. This is the best evidence we have, and this is from Kerry's own lips, of his obsession -- and I don't think that's too strong a word to use here -- his obsession with the UN. If you take this quote and combine it with his other words and his record, you have irrefutable evidence, all the evidence we need that he worships at the shrine of the United Nations. Here's the actual question and answer from Frank Sesno CNN on Late Edition, April 17th of 1994. Sesno says: Senator Kerry, it begs the question, what are the U.S. interests and the strategic interests in this place called the Balkans? Kerry: Well, they are less than our interests in perhaps Haiti. They are greater than our interests in Somalia. Sesno: But worth dying for? That's the question, are they worth fighting and dying for? Kerry: Well, it depends what you mean by that, Frank. If you mean dying in the course of the United Nations effort, yeah, it's worth that. If you mean dying American troops unilaterally going in with some false presumption that we can affect the outcome the answer is unequivocally no. So I think it's a question of where you place the interest.

So John Kerry thinks that American troops dying under the American flag is not justified, and is not worthwhile, but under the UN flag, then of course American deaths are justified. Now, this is all about Bosnia, and Clinton went in without the United Nations, if you recall. So I would think that Kerry would be in opposition to what we did there and that any deaths that we incurred are not worth it because we went in with some unilateral false presumption that we could affect the outcome.

We will keep a sharp eye on this. I just think this is a devastating quote. You put it in context with the global test quote that he had in the first debate. Make no mistake, this is the Washington Post, this is the third paragraph of the story, this will be picked up on and harped on by the Bush campaign I'm certain, it has to be, later on today.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We found the audio sound bite of John Kerry on CNN April 17th, 1994. Frank Sesno with the question. This is all about going to the Balkans. Is it worth American lives to go to Balkans? And here's the sound bite.

SESNO: Are they worth dying for? That's the question. Are they worth fighting and dying for?

KERRY: It depends what you mean by that, Frank. If you mean dying in the course of the United Nations effort, yes, it is worth that. If you mean dying American troops unilaterally going in with some false presumption that we can affect the outcome, the answer is unequivocally no.

RUSH: I mean, there you have it. Here's John Kerry saying that American deaths under the UN banner are permissible and honorable, American deaths under American flag only are not, April 17th, 1994. It doesn't sound to me like this position of his, this global test and the UN will have a veto over what we do doesn't sound like his position has changed, sounds like it's hardened, sounds like it's the one policy Kerry is actually firm in believing. It sounds like that Kerry does not flip-flop when it comes to the UN. He may flip-flop on everything else, but when it comes to the UN, boy, it trumps everything. And he's been consistent, at least as we can prove from the record from 1994 to the present, about ten years, ladies and gentlemen.

END TRANSCRIPT

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_102004/content/truth_detector.guest.html

Listen to it here: http://mfile.akamai.com/5020/wma/rushlimb.download.akamai.com/5020/clips/04/10/102004_2_kerry_quote.asx

Stolen Honor
wshhml
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope President Bush will start using this and getting it out there.
VAW11_Vet
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Mr. Kerry doesn’t know….

that at military funerals, the 21-gun salute stands for the sum of the numbers in the year 1776? (1+7+7+6=21)

or understand why the honor guard pays meticulous attention to correctly folding the American flag 13 times. He probably thought it was to symbolize the original 13 colonies, but he too can learn something new every day!

The 1st fold of our flag is a symbol of life.

The 2nd fold is a symbol of our belief in eternal life.

The 3rd fold is made in honor and remembrance of the veterans departing our ranks who gave a portion of their lives for the defense of our country to attain peace throughout the world.

The 4th fold represents our weaker nature, for as American citizens trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in times of peace as well as in time of war for His divine guidance.

The 5th fold is a tribute to our country, for in the words of Stephen Decatur, "Our Country, in dealing with other countries, may she always be right; but it is still our country, right or wrong.

The 6th fold is for where our hearts lie. It is with our heart that We pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States Of America, and the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

The 7th fold is a tribute to our Armed Forces, for it is through the Armed Forces that we protect our country and our flag against all her enemies, whether they be found within or without the boundaries of our republic.

The 8th fold is a tribute to the one who entered into the valley of the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day.

The 9th fold is a tribute to womanhood, and Mothers. For it has been through their faith, their love, loyalty and devotion that the character of the men and women who have made this country great has been molded.

The 10th fold is a tribute to the father, for he, too, has given his sons and daughters for the defense of our country since they were first born.

The 11th fold represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon and glorifies in the Hebrews eyes, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

The 12th fold represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies, in the Christians eyes, God the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit.

The 13th fold, or when the flag is completely folded, the stars are uppermost reminding us of our nations motto, "In God We Trust."

After the flag is completely folded and tucked in, it takes on the appearance of a cocked hat, ever reminding us of the soldiers who served under General George Washington, and the Sailors and Marines who served under Captain John Paul Jones, who were followed by their comrades and shipmates in the Armed Forces of the United States, preserving for us the rights, privileges and freedoms we enjoy today.

There are some traditions and ways of doing things that have important deep meanings. These traditions can never be replaced by serving under the flag of the UN.
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VAW11_Vet great response

I didn't think many people knew this. I had to learn it when I spent a year of Special Duty detailed to a color guard.

Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks VAW_11 Vet. That was an eye opener. I'm ashamed to say that I never knew that about the folds in the flag.

So, when J. F'in K. says the Pledge of Allegiance we now know it's to the FLAG OF THE UN !!!! THAT MEDAL STEALING, LYING S.O.B. NEEDS TO MOVE TO EUROPE AND LIVE THERE FOREVER.............. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: