SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Former POWs Blame Kerry for Captivity - AP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Former POWs Blame Kerry for Captivity - AP Reply with quote

Excerpt from the articly by Caruso:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=529&ncid=529&e=6&u=/ap/20041021/ap_en_tv/anti_kerry_film

Kerry never accused the POWs of committing war crimes and spoke only in general about the conduct of U.S. troops. The film also falsely implies that Kerry either committed atrocities himself or personally witnessed them. Kerry told Congress he was summarizing accusations made by other servicemen at an earlier event, and not relaying personal experiences.

Note: The message thread attached to this is almost unbearable to read!

Last edited by kimberly on Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
wshhml
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice try but Kerry based that on testimony from frauds and complete lies. Where do they get off in saying it is ok for Kerry to slander US troops is he didn't witness such? That is the problem. He made that the case against the war in slandering American soldiers and their efforts. And on other occasions Kerry said he committed war crimes and all levels of the American military committed them on a 'daily basis'. The media are going all out for their traitor. They share the same attitude for destroying this country for power.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the email I just sent to the AP

"Kerry never accused the POWs of committing war crimes and spoke only in general about the conduct of U.S. troops. The film also falsely implies that Kerry either committed atrocities himself or personally witnessed them. Kerry told Congress he was summarizing accusations made by other servicemen at an earlier event, and not relaying personal experiences. "

Middlebury CT (JK)

Once more the Associated Press has issued a report that contains blatant lies. During an appearance on the Dick Cavett show John Kerry expressly admitted having committed war crimes, and it has been reported that Kerry once burned down a village. George Bates was an eyewitness to Kerry both burning down the village in Vietnam and Kerry's slaugthering of the animals there.

During his testimony Kerry claimed that war atrocities happened on a "day to day" basis with the full knowledge of officers "at all levels of command." His was a clear and sweeping indictment of the men who served in Vietnam.

The AP has been caught making false reports recently, including a report that claimed a Bush crowd booed former President Clinton upon learning the new of his heart ailment. When it was exposed as a total fabrication, the AP withdrew the story but never held the reporter accountable, nor did it apologize to the Prsident for its attempted libel.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that the article was written by an AP reporter; AP is right behind the NYT in bias and partisanship, if that helps.

Maybe there's a subtle message here. Running a piece like this means that they've given up trying to suppress Stolen Honor. They'd only discuss it like this if they knew it was going to get out. So now they're actively starting the smear counter-campaign.

Liberals were never going to believe the message in Stolen Honor anyway. It's the moderates who we can only hope will be affected.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It burns my a** that Yahoo would post this piece of crap and that there is NO WAY to combat it!

I sent the email as a press release to the crAP, but what else is there to do?

I will be harassing SBC for this junk.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out and voted on the story... gave it a 1... it's all over rating so far is 2.78. abut 541 people have scored it....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
JROTC
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie - wasn't that a little gracious???
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry never accused the POWs of committing war crimes and spoke only in general about the conduct of U.S. troops.
Oh and I am sure that the enemy drew this distinction as they tortured our POW's the MSM continues to insult us I can't speak for the rest of you but I am ready to get out and picket my local rag that places these AP stories in my paper.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal," is the rebuttal to Kerry’s 1971 senate testimony. Were was the AP in 1971? Did the AP challenge any of Kerry’s claims in 1971? All of a sudden DAVID B. CARUSO is all concerned about the POW’s telling their side of the story without the Kerry's side having fair representation. Oh and by the way David you left out the part about Kerry being invited to defend these charges.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:
It burns my a** that Yahoo would post this piece of crap and that there is NO WAY to combat it!

FYI - from my American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language - 1969 edition

"YAHOO - a crude or brutish person. [After the Yahoos, a race representing humanity at large in Swift's Gulliver's Travels.]"[/i]
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:

FYI - from my American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language - 1969 edition

"YAHOO - a crude or brutish person. [After the Yahoos, a race representing humanity at large in Swift's Gulliver's Travels.]"[/i]
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the new Jayson Blair please put stand up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: