SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Usama bin Laden is Dead
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Usama bin Laden is Dead Reply with quote

http://froggyruminations.blogspot.com/2004/10/usama-bin-laden-is-dead.html

Usama bin Laden is Dead

You hadn't heard? Well, I'm not breaking news, President Bush knows damn well that UBL has been dead for quite some time. But why would Bush keep it to himself? If he were to disclose his knowledge that UBL is dead he would blow John Kerry's doors off in the election, and yet he remains silent. Why?

Maybe you're wondering how I know he's dead. Perhaps one of my SEAL buddies let me in on the secret? NO. I know because a publicity whore and grandstanding ******* like UBL could not possibly resist the multitude of opportunites to inspire his cult members. His number 1, Zwahiri, has appeared on video or audio broadcasts every few months since 9/11. UBL has not been heard from since Tora Bora despite developments in the GWOT in Afghanistan and Iraq that make it unthinkable for him to have remained silent. Not to mention successful attacks in Bali, Madrid, Turkey, and Jakarta to name a few that remain unremarked upon by UBL. The invasion and occupation of an Islamic state by the US and not a word. Elections held for the first time in Afghan history, and he had nothing to say about it in the lead up. AQ tried once early on to air a tape that never mentioned key developments in the Afghan campaign and was quickly discredited as an attempt to put one over on his followers by airing a previous recording. Zwahiri decided that it was better to just pretend that UBL was alive because there was no plausible martyr story to tell. UBL went out running for his life like a coward. He is dead. His remains are turds shat by scavenging animals in the mountains of Afghanistan blown by the wind and stomped on by US troops.

By why not make it public? After all, this is the one thing that could ensure the President's re-election. Have you noticed how coy DOD officials and high ranking officers are when the question is posed? They know. They certainly have intelligence to this effect. Of course, the President could have instructed subordinates to start saying that intel indicates UBL is dead. This would have put pressure on him to prove otherwise by issuing a statement which he is clearly unable to make. This process could have started 6 months ago, and if UBL did not answer, it would in effect prove the case. But it didn't happen. Why not?

Because the President knows that making UBL a martyr would serve to further inspire his minions, and he realizes that preventing this from happening is more important than his re-election. Instead, UBL remains forever silent even as his recruits yearn to hear his voice. Eventually these cultists will realize themselves that UBL went out like a punk, not a martyr and that the AQ head shed has been lying to them for years. That realization combined with US combat boots knocking their teeth down their throats will go a long way to beating this cult into submission. But it is important to recognize that the President's committment to killing terrorists supercedes his committment to his own re-election. I'm sure he hopes that the American people will come to this conclusion on their own and vote for him anyway, but it is quite a risk to take in the ultimate ME situation.

This kind of integrity and committment stands in stark contrast to his opponent. Kerry has proved to be a Blue Falcon, a traitor, a louse, a shameless opportunist, and an lazy bureaucrat that pads his resume. Kerry is a smart guy too, and he realizes what is going on. But it hasn't stopped him from trying to bait the President into abandoning a critical propaganda victory in the GWOT by incessantly peddling his Tora Bora "outsourcing" charge in all three debates. He knows that the President will not respond to this charge so he is free to make it. Just like the Cheney lesbian scheme, this is a coordinated hatchet job, but this is on an issue that Kerry knows the President must choose to either defend the SOF troops that got the job done or remain silent. To his personal credit he never took the bait, but to his professional detriment he must let an unanswered charge linger. Do you have that kind of discipline? Especially in crunchtime? I don't know if I do, and I'll be happy to never have to find out.

President Bush, meanwhile, has just continued to keep the pressure on the terrorists, get us out of a recession, protect the homeland, and generally put the country's interests ahead of his own. He deserves your vote.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many "Osama is Dead" stories have ther been over the past 3 years?
I have doubts when I read it on the mainstream press, because every story has turned out to be wrong. Reading a story about the boogyman's demise on a blog carries even less credibility.
I won't believe a single one of them until either Bush or Rumsfeld calls a press conference on national TV to announce the auspicious event.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think there is anything viable about the notion that OBL is in China in area of many muslims? I didn't know what to think of the article. It is referenced at this site somewhere. The site and the article is suspect, but why is he not in China? I was thinking that with everybody looking at Pakistan and Iran so closely that he could be in China and it is kept quiet. Look at a map. Isn't Tora Bora near the junction of the countries? China is not open and so how would anyone know what goes on there? What would America have to aggree to and promise to get him? Would we sell out to get him? Just some thoughts. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me Zwahiri is dead or captured, and I will do an Irish jig. Bin Laden is unimportant, and this pre-occupation on him is doing a severe disservice to the war on terror.
barbgeo
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Could be truth to what you say Reply with quote

This may be true. Bush has correctly kept the focus of GWOT on terrorsim and not UBL. The Bobbsy Twins--"3 Scratch Kerry" and Pretty Boy Edwards--would like nothing better than to keep GWOT focused on UBL so they can continue to preach once UBL is cpatured/killed or otherwise detained that the GWOT is done. Nothing would be more disastrous than to do just that. UBL does not equate to GWOT. GWOT will continue with or without him. The Bush strategy--deny the terrorists a sanctuary like Iraq, Libya,etc and forcing them into the open where our forces can best kill them , yes kill--this is not an antiseptic situation-is by far the sanist strategy. If 3 Scratch and Pretty Boy think negotiating with these guys will work and the American people vote for that, then we've got nasty future in store for us..
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I tend to put little stock in these "articles." However, dead or alive, right now Usama has little effect on anything. If still alive, his time is spent fleeing from cave to cave trying to avoid capture, effectively neutering his command ability. If dead, same thing, no ability there.

I will say, though, Bush's administration not releasing this information to keep Usama from becoming a martyr is a bit far-fetched. If he were dead, other Muslim extremists would have knowledge of it and it would be getting broadcast worldwide as a call to arms for other extremists. He may be isloated and on the run, but he's not alone, he's always with trusted aides running with him.

If he were killed, there are several minions ready to step in and take over, such as Zaqari (sp) today. One of the West's largest failures was not dealing with the terrorist threat 30 years ago and allowing it to grow to what is today. That, I'm afraid, makes this a protracted war that will be ongoing for way too long now.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we're certain if he's dead or alive, nor do I think it matters. If we were certain he was dead I can't see what would be gained by keeping that fact hidden. Two years ago bin Laden would have been a martyr but at this point he's become such a minor player that if anything I think it would have a negative effect on the terrorists. Also if he was dead the terrorists would have known it and used it a long time ago, when it would have been an effective tool, to rally the troops and the fact they haven't done so leads me to believe he's probably still alive.

I doubt he's in China, more than likely he's still in Pakistan hiding in a cave.
clpeters23
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only people who care is UBL is dead is the left, because they're missing the big picture.
Did the US obsess over whether or not Hitler was dead or alive? No. We fought the armies and killed those who would take over Europe and then the world.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not long back, during the day when not all that many people were watching, Fox announced that UBL had been ill and in a hospital in Pakistan and was hiding out on the border there. I got really excited to hear the story but quess what, I never heard it again. Not one word. Now if that wer a true story, it would have been everywhere. This must have been at least 2- months ago.
anyone else remember this story? U would have had to be watching fox at his time b/c the story just go buried , I mean not one word of it after that.

Last edited by wednesdaychild on Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clpeters23 wrote:
The only people who care is UBL is dead is the left, because they're missing the big picture.
Did the US obsess over whether or not Hitler was dead or alive? No. We fought the armies and killed those who would take over Europe and then the world.

Amazing for people (the left) who claim they are so skilled at nuance to miss the big picture by being so literal. Totalitarian thought will always get in the way of the big picture.
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UBL is a very patient warrior.

He isn't being his normal publicity whore self because that interferes with his larger goals and mission.

My analysis is that he is in Iran, laying low and while he directs the planning and execution of ongoing AQ ops in Iraq as well as upcoming ops worldwide -- most likely in the US.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Such Conjecture is Futile"
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that GW could end the insurrection tomorrow. All he would have to do is issue an order to the military that every bomb and bullit be swabed with pig excrement and is they leave any bodys behind for the Americans to deal with that those bodies will be buried face down so they cannot see Mecca.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clpeters23 wrote:

The old saying is that you kill a snake by cutting off it's head. But separting the body from the head works equally as well. This the policy that the Bush Admin. is following. Notice that Al Quada is targeting softer targets than us. That is because we are locating and killing those who target us. Al Quada is fanatical to be sure, but you combine a lack of success and mysteriously empty chairs at the weekly meetings, it makes it hard to get recruits.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will beleieve he is dead when I hear it literally, until then some of these articles are just speculation.....though I do hope he is dead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: