SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stolen Honor Virus.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Stolen Honor Virus. Reply with quote

Be careful if you recieve an e mail from stolen honor. I recieved one yesterday and my computer caught a virus being transmitted. This with the fact that I had recieved one earlier from then and it did not have this virus. Could it be that we are being electronically attacked by some Kerry frauds? Be sure your virus definitions are updated.
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no doubt that they have their hackers trying to take down Swiftvets and Stolen Honor sites.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been on this site a lot over the last few months, but my computer slowed down dramatically in the last few days. I do go to a lot of sites that are referenced here.

While I have Norton internet security, a friend recommended trying something else. I ran the online virus check from trendmicro.com and it found two hmtl based problems, which I deleted. I don't know if they were viruses or trojans. But my computer is running a whole lot faster.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The virus problems are insideous.
I run a different antivirus program on each of the four machine in my home network. Each machine scans the others and they are constantly finding infections that got past one AV program on the other. Additionally you should run an anti-spyware program like Ad-Aware (available free for download).
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably someone at unisys
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to Ad-Aware SE (current version available from Majorgeeks.com - it's free) you should use Spybot 1.3 (also free - at cnet.com for best download times)
Between these spyware removal programs and a good antivirus program you should be good to go. BUT make sure you have current definitions on your antivirus, if you can't get an automatic update then go to the manufacturers site and force the download - some trojans turn the update parts of antivirus off- if you have to get current definitions on another computer burn a disc and run a pre startup scan using those.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: