SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My journey with the swift vets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: My journey with the swift vets Reply with quote

My journey with the swift vets

5/21/04 I met up with my Navy recruit son on his first liberty after boot camp and his two brothers at Six Flags Great America Gurnee, IL. Strangers came up and thanked him for his service, we went to UNO’s for pizza and they gave him a military discount, we played mini golf and my son received another military discount. It was such a relief to see the shift in public opinion from my 1975-1979 service. Suddenly it all crashed when one of his brothers told me that during another liberty on 5/30/04 while visiting the Chicago loop a hippie type on a bicycle waived his middle finger at my uniformed son. Then the memory of my personal public mistreatment while in my Air Force uniform popped into my mind. And then I became consumed with all the stories of public mistreatments that were shared with me as we patrolled the 90th MSS missile wing. I remember how the honorable men I served with rarely talked about Vietnam however they had no loss of words when it came to Hanoi John & Jane. I also remembered security briefings that included potential threats from the VVAW.

I GOOGLED VVAW in my search to discover roots of how Americans came to the place were they hate their own military. I was flabbergasted to discover that Hanoi John was actually John Kerry we perceived as a threat during the cold war. And the ideal that he could actually become my sons CIC, well it just can’t happen John Kerry should be in prison not President of the United States of America. Well after that discovery it only took me a few minutes to stumble into the Swift Boat Veterans for truth.

And to any one out their that wrongfully depicts our troops better duck and cover because for me and any others that would like to join in we will hunt you down take you into court and sue you for libel. Your lies will become public record and we will take as much money from you as we can get and use it to go after the next zero who spews lies about our men and women who are protecting our freedoms. We need to reclaim the libel laws in such a time as this and it is my opinion we go after Michael Moore first. We can not effectually fight the war on terror while people like Michael Moore undermine the troops and public opinion with treasonous trash. We stood by in 1971 while Kerry spewed his lies and look what it has brought us today. If Moore goes unchallenged in the courts sends the wrong message that it is ok in America to package a pile of lies and market it as a documentary. If this goes unchallenged the value of all future documentaries will be diminished. If Moore goes unchallenged he and others like him will continue to wrongfully depict our troop’s one libelous documentary after the next.

We must seize this moment to end the cycle of libelous depictions of our troops.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: My journey with the swift vets Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
And to any one out their that wrongfully depicts our troops better duck and cover because for me and any others that would like to join in we will hunt you down take you into court and sue you for libel. Your lies will become public record and we will take as much money from you as we can get and use it to go after the next zero who spews lies about our men and women who are protecting our freedoms. We need to reclaim the libel laws in such a time as this and it is my opinion we go after Michael Moore first. We can not effectually fight the war on terror while people like Michael Moore undermine the troops and public opinion with treasonous trash. We stood by in 1971 while Kerry spewed his lies and look what it has brought us today. If Moore goes unchallenged in the courts sends the wrong message that it is ok in America to package a pile of lies and market it as a documentary. If this goes unchallenged the value of all future documentaries will be diminished. If Moore goes unchallenged he and others like him will continue to wrongfully depict our troop’s one libelous documentary after the next.

Coldwarvet,

I think this will be especially important when the Iraqi war veterans begin to return. If the "baby killer" type protests break out, a whole lot of lawsuits for slander would serve an excellent purpose.

Of course, so would giving the perps a nice fat black eye Evil or Very Mad

As to Moore, if he slandered the U.S. soldiers (and I don't know because I've never seen any of his garbage), I don't know how one would begin. Perhaps a class action lawsuit by veterans?

-- FDL
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As to Moore, if he slandered the U.S. soldiers (and I don't know because I've never seen any of his garbage), I don't know how one would begin. Perhaps a class action lawsuit by veterans?
I am not a lawyer but I got to believe that their are some brilliant legal minds out on this board that can figure out a way to get Michael Moore into a court room on some kind of legal charges and extract some of his money that can be used to drag other slanderous traitors into court with. If I could get into law school at age 48 I would become a lawyer and do it myself. The liberals have been using the courts to re write laws for decades and have successfully redefined the word gay. They are now working with the courts to redefine marriage and now the word documentary has been redefined by Michael Moore if he goes unchallenged.

Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
...Perhaps a class action lawsuit by veterans?
That's an amazingly simple suggestion which just might work. It's the first I've heard anyone recommend a class action suit and IMO, it's the best one ever. Wish I'd thought of it.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John O'Neill is an attorney. Surely he would be a source for advice in this. I agree that some legal action should be pursued.
A la Scarlet: "I'll think about that tomorrow" ...after Nov 2. I am about burnt out. But we have a lot of work to do in many arenas. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ideas all! Class action lawsuit - brilliant...I'd love to see Moore hauled into court...he hates America (really)...at least the America I know and love...why don't we give him a good ol' American lawsuit to tie up his time and treasure (hard earned American treasure that lines his oozing fat pockets...

We cannot let his prevarications, slander and vituperations go without a 'swift' and certain response...

Some Canadians conservatives have initiated court action against Moore for violating their election laws...but it's uncertain what the punitive outcome would be for Moore even if they won...

For those seriously ticked off and wanting to network against Moore I'd suggest this site:
http://www.moorelies.com/alt_index.cfm
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a lawyer, but I think this is the deal . . .

Libel is defined as an accusation of criminal behavior that the accuser knows is false.

Perjury is a crime.

Many SwiftVets have sworn affidavits backing up their version of Kerry's history in and after Vietnam.

Kerry himself has accused them of being liars.

If they are liars they are criminals, i.e. perjurers.

If they are telling the truth and Kerry knows it, he has libeled them. It is actionable and it merits damages.

Part of the evidence is in Kerry's own military records - all of them - and these are therefore subject to subpoena at discovery and at trial. Privacy laws are, in such cases, trumped by the needs of the court.

Of course, it would take a lot of courage and a lot of money to sustain such an action at law.
cpowkj
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: All This Is Well and Good but useless! Reply with quote

As much as I agree with the libel and class action stuff, it really is a waste of time if we don't beat Kerry at the ballot box.

Everybody in a swing state needs to get 5, 10, 20 or more people to the poles and burry this SOB with a landslide vote. If that happens--the baby killer stuff will die by itself. This isn't the 60's and 70's anymore. These protest turds need to eat and have enough money to watch MTV. Unfortunately, I live in Texas where W will win with 60%+ of the vote. Tomorrow I'm going to the poll to vote as many Republicans in as I can.

Given them hell,
Chief Johnson
Young Vietnam Era Vet, was at Yankee Station on USS Coral Sea (CVA-43) during fall of Siagon, April 1975. Also, participated in rescue of the Merchant Ship Migues from Cambodia, May 1975. Currently, drilling reservist supporting CENTCOM.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: All This Is Well and Good but useless! Reply with quote

cpowkj wrote:
As much as I agree with the libel and class action stuff, it really is a waste of time if we don't beat Kerry at the ballot box.

Everybody in a swing state needs to get 5, 10, 20 or more people to the polls and burry this SOB with a landslide vote. If that happens--the baby killer stuff will die by itself. This isn't the 60's and 70's anymore. These protest turds need to eat and have enough money to watch MTV. Unfortunately, I live in Texas where W will win with 60%+ of the vote. Tomorrow I'm going to the poll to vote as many Republicans in as I can.

Given them hell,
Chief Johnson

We are large enough to do more then one thing at a time. However the number one task is to get Bush elected especially for members like myself who are in battle ground states. However we must keep the momentum of this energy going and we can't just ride off into the sun set once Kerry is defeated.

CWV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: