SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some advice for those losing faith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Some advice for those losing faith Reply with quote

Pray,

Turn this over to your higher power whoever it may be. I never like to push religion on anyone no matter what I may think.

Lately I have just started praying and I must say I'm not good at it, but lately several bad things happen to me on a personal level.

It got to the point that all I could do was pray and give it to my Lord.

It really does make you feel better and I bet even an Atheist could find solace in just giving it to the heavens of the universe.

Take a deep breath and let it go. As the saying goes, Let go and let God.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen.

Each morning I am starting my day with a prayer for President Bush -- for his strength and wisdom. I also pray for the voters that they be given wisdom when voting. [God already knows what I think -- so I don't need to tell him.]

Every now and then I get discouraged --- prayer gives me a sense of peace.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well and truly spoken, SangRun Hunter. I have seen many good things come about through what I call 'the prayer of willing heart' -- praying simply to align my thinking with the will of God< which I believe is an Intelligence and a Power of Good that operates in this world -- through us -- when we can allow ourselves to be humble enough to let it. This way of praying has never failed in my experience.

btw... I was an Atheist when I first began to pray this way 30+ years ago but I needed help enough to open up my thinking to the possibility that help might be there. And it was. And is.

I've begun to pray this way -- earnestly -- about the election. I was getting very caught up in how I think things should be and that was bringing me nothing but worry and fear. Now I am trusting in what my signature says: Truth IS always the victor!
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is what I am going to do. I have typed until my fingers are sore, lost friends, and I am sick of seeing all of the online news sites saying that this election is dead even. I am going to turn it over to The Lord and let him put in office the man that He wants.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny that this thread should appear on the board today. Just
this morning, I went into the office of a good friend of mine at school
to commiserate about the lawsuits that Kerry/Edwards are already
planning so that they can try to steal the election. When I asked her
what we could do, she said, "Pray." She is a devout Catholic and an
"expert prayer". She is right, because we can never forget that
God is in control. Whether or not all of the people that vote on or
before November 2 believe in Him or not, He is in control of what
happens on that day. If GWB is meant to be re-elected, he will be,
no matter what shenanigans the Democrats try to pull!
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reminder. Sometimes we want something so bad we forget who is really in control.
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
I think this is what I am going to do. I have typed until my fingers are sore, lost friends, and I am sick of seeing all of the online news sites saying that this election is dead even. I am going to turn it over to The Lord and let him put in office the man that He wants.

Amen and I agree. I have been praying about this for a while now. God knows who I'm voting for. Lay the battle at His feet when you have done all you can do. He will take it from there.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe God took care of the last election. And President Bush had to hold firm. He let the events take place and kept his faith. We need to do the same. As worried as I actually am about our country and what we may have to engage in to save it, I make efforts throughout the day to talk with God and know that what we have to do we will. Being a God loving person does not mean be passive and let evil win. We are his servants, soldiers and are charged with responsibility to stand up. Remember the theme of the RNC and the song "Just Stand"?

Pray. Join the State By State Prayer. Visit the positive thinking thread everyday. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pray for GW everyday---He is the man and God knows it, NOBODY can fool the Big Guy.
GW will be our president, and the vile and gloom and doomsayers will have their day and then properly dispatched.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Some advice for those losing faith Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:
Pray,

Take a deep breath and let it go. As the saying goes, Let go and let God.

Another Daily Word reader? It's a great way to start the day.

When I enlisted in the Marines in 1961, my Godfather pulled me aside to give me the benefit of his experience as a WWII combat vet. He talked about foxhole conversion to religion and such. At the time I couldn't imagine what he was talking about. When I got out in 1969, there was no doubt in my mind about the power of prayer.

Thanks, SangRun Hunter, for a great post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: