SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burger King OUT-HARDEES IN - Owned by a good Republican

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Burger King OUT-HARDEES IN - Owned by a good Republican Reply with quote

Since all the news yesterday about Burger King making the fatal mistake of pulling it's advertising from Sinclair for showing Stolen Honor - I found some info that you may find of interest.

http://abilitymagazine.com/teresa_karcher.html
http://www.carlsjr.com/home/ - click on corporate and you'll see the Hardees affiliation

Carl Karcher - a member of Reagan's Kitchen Cabinet - and owner of Carl's Jr. owns Hardees Wink

He is an active member of the Republican Party and considers one of his proudest appointments to be the chair he filled on the Grace Commission. He was selected as one of the 158 CEOs in the country to study waste in government in the 1980s. This was the beginning of the uncovering of the three-cent screws purchased for $91, food stamp fraud, unpaid government loans. He served on this committee with William Ballhous, president of Beckman Instruments; David Packard of Hewlett Packard; Willard Butcher, chairmen of Chase Manhattan Bank; Don Keough, president of Coca-Cola, and Frank Carey, chairman of the Executive Committee of IBM to name a few. The Grace commission had dispersed filing its 21,000 page report on how the government could save $424.4 billion over a three-year period and many of the suggestions were approved. "It's no secret that I've become known for my strong political views. I've often been asked to run for office. I have no desire to do that, I would not want my time with the family or the company restricted because of the demands of an elected position," responds Carl

When asked if he held any political ambitions. Carl believes he has an obligation to give something back to the communities. "Whenever you're successful you owe that success to the people in the community, because they are the ones buying your product. I am happy to donate funds to various organizations that help people in need. I will never forget the anguish and fear that Margaret and I felt when two of our youngsters contracted polio when they were small-or the alarm we felt when another of our children was stricken with Gulliam-Barre. It's situations like these that test your faith and make you pray harder than ever. If the money we donate helps one child or can ease the pain of one parent, those funds are well spent."

When asked about how his philosophies of giving back to the community have intertwined with his hiring practices he expounds on how important it is to him to provide the time, training and opportunity for young people to gain employment. Explaining to Chet how he has incorporated the A.D.A. in within his practices he states, "We are still in the people business, and we are proud that we have provided many a young person with his or her first job. And for a very special group of people, we've provided their only job. I'm speaking of course of the disabled. They have stated they don't want a hand out just a hand. We are happy to give them one. Many of our managers work closely with Regional Occupation Programs, the Association of Disabled Citizens and the State department of Rehabilitation, as well as local and private organizations, to give mentally and physically disabled men and women the opportunity to earn their own livings and become meaningful members of society by being gainfully employed.

We have developed overlays for the keys of the cash registers with the help of the Braille Institute, so that blind crew members can take orders and help our guests. In other restaurants you'll see employees signing to each other, since we also hire many deaf men and women. We find that other employees are very enthusiastic about their fellow crew members who have disabilities-or what they previously thought of as disabilities."

"In addition we also hire many senior citizens. With a shrinking pool of young workers and a decreasing unemployment rate, all restaurant chains have to be more creative in their recruiting efforts. We have people working for us full-time because they were forced to retire at 65. I know that I never want to stop working, and I am glad that I can offer positions to others who feel the same way."
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love those new thickburgers man, they are great!
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never liked Whoppers anyway. That chemical charcoal taste is awful. Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: