SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KERRY'S COOKIES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: KERRY'S COOKIES Reply with quote

Kerry prided himself on his homemade cookies, and during this period he and a friend, K. Dun Gifford, opened a cookie stand in Quincy Market. They called the business Kilvert and Forbes, after their mothers’ maiden names. Kerry sold his interest years ago, but the cookie emporium still exists, selling adaptations of the Senator’s original recipes. (Chocolate-chocolate-chunk cookies, based on a recipe by Kerry’s mother, remain especially popular.)
Note: That is the version of the cookie story according to John Kerry. David Liederman of David's cookies recalled a different version of how Kerry’s cookie venture crumbled.

“Some guy who called me up was John Kerry, in ’79 or ’80,” Liederman recalled. “He said he wanted to come down and talk to me about franchising. He came to the office and said he had an incredible space in Boston, which was Faneuil Hall. He said he needed some plans and some layouts and all sorts of things to get the approval of the landlord. So I gave him the layout, the package, and he went back and I didn’t hear from him for six or seven months.”
Then one day Liederman got a call from someone who said they’d seen one of his stores in Faneuil Hall. Not having a store in Boston, Liederman decided to have a look for himself. “It was a direct, 100-percent knock off of David’s Cookies,” said Liederman, from the appliances to the shop’s design to the cookies themselves. [...] “I told him he had stolen my idea, and he replied: ‘You’re absolutely right. I am a politician; I shouldn’t be in the cookie business, so let me sell you my store,’” Liederman wrote. Liederman never bought the store, he said, because Kerry was operating it in violation of his lease. “He was supposed to be selling jams and jellies, not cookies.”
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please provide link.
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hillnews.com/news/012804/kerry.aspx

From The Kerry Timeline Here:

http://www.archive-news.net/Kerry/JK_timeline.html

I bet if someone knocked off Heinz there would be a federal indictment.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As his cookie-recipe providing mother would say, "integrity, integrity, integrity."

Hey John, when are you going to dazzle us all with your integrity? Same time you reveal your brilliant plan?
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, ThanksVets!
Interesting that the fellow says that he would still vote for Kerry, even though Kerry allegedly stole from him. I have never failed to find an example of a logical disjunction in ANY Kerry supporter, but this take the ever lovin' cake! The man ripped me off, but he has my vote! I just can't comprehend this. And please don't tell me that it is a matter of principle, that this guy is putting country above self... Any one out there have any rational arguments as to why this fellow in the article would continue to support Kerry after his alleged theivery?
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe after the loss tereza can start a cookie buis., she can call it "Gramma's Raisin Nookies".

(teddy will eat a case a day) Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: