SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UNITED NATIONS DAY~October 24, 2004!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: UNITED NATIONS DAY~October 24, 2004! Reply with quote

I thought a little funny before we all get down to serious election drama next week and for the next 10 days..I wrote this for my blog..this is how I think the UN should "celebrate "..lets have a bit of fun this weekend..and do not forget to send a card to Kofi..(now what you say? that is up to you, this is what I am sending..to his email)

The UN Snap Cup!
I was looking up at my calender which sits above my desk and noticed that Sunday, October 24, 2004 is United Nations Day. I did one of those, "spit the Coke all over the keyboard moments", and then laughed until my side hurt. United Nations Day! Well, if I knew I would of sent a card..no really, I would of..maybe some flowers, planned a get together of family and friends..and Thanked God the UN is in our lives..STOP!

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. Who the hell cares? Why is this on my calender? What does it matter? Will the nations get together, have a picnic and games for the kiddies?? Will they pass another couple resolutions condeming something, just for fun? Will they have a free for all session..NO, wait, I got it..I got it..

For those of you who saw the movie,"Legally Blonde 2"..remember Elle Woods she had a "snap cup" , so that when someone had something to share that was good, they would write it down and place it in the snap cup! So, maybe all nations could write down their good things and then KOFI and pick one out of the jar and then all the representatives can give each other collective snaps!!

Can you see it? Lets give France snaps for standing up to American aggression! Lets give Syria snaps for being human rights leaders. Lets give snaps up to China, for their deep understanding of Communism, the only smart government. Lets give snaps up to John Kerry, the only choice for President, our hero, our icon, our representative for all mankind!

Finally, let me give snaps up to the UN for doing NOTHING, for allowing an evil, dictator such as Saddam Hussien for years to ravage his own nation, his own people, kill hunderds of thousands, gassing his own people, rape and torture men women and children, pass 17 resolutions of outrage..allowing the money meant for the Iraqi people to be passed to France and Russia and Kofi's son..for looking the other way..Snaps up UN..Snaps up!!

We could go on and on..but you know what..you get the point, you can substitute any nation and add the same snaps..and that is disgusting..So forgive me for not celebrating UN day..instead, I will be thanking God that George W Bush will not allow the UN to run this nation..unlike what will happen if Kerry gets elected..then we will have the UN day as a national holiday..now that is worth taking a stand for..

Have a great weekend..see you Monday..and get ready for the next 10 days to rally around the voter..time to rest up and get strong..the rest is up to us..

posted by PDofVet at 11:19 PM | 0 comments

Happy UN Day friends... Shocked

Have a relaxing weekend..we need it..
Wink
PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: