SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fox interview with Liz Trotta on Fox now.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Fox interview with Liz Trotta on Fox now. Reply with quote

Liz Trotta, The Washington Times "John Kerry gave aid and comfort to the enemy" in an interview on Fox News now.

Wow, I haven't heard an interview (though brief) like this, ever. The discussion was whether or not Sinclair's 'new' version was fair and balanced or whether they backed off.

She said that Stolen Honor had a right to be told, quoted someone else who said it should be shown on every station, mentioned the aid and comfort issue, questioned, are you sure you 'mean' that, answered, yes.

Dang, we need this woman on tv, all day, everyday! She obviously fully supports SBVT and the P.O.W.s

Kimberly
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz Trotta has been defending Vietnam vets for a long time. I remember seeing her on a symposium about the Vietnam war C-span covered 10 years ago defending them. I believe she said she was a reporter during the Vietnam war.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it was NYT Alexandra ? that said it should be seen everywhere...

it should.... I sent an email to bor shaming him for his attitude to vets and pows...tho he'll say he respects them etc.... his treatment of them shows the truth.... I heard that lady also... great!

anyone got an email address for her?
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What program was she on, on Fox?
ondryland
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Liz Trotta Reply with quote

Liz Trotta was on David Asman's show (FOX) this morning at approximately 8:00 a.m. Arizona Time.

I understand she was the first female correspondent in Vietnam. She is a very sharp lady who appears to be a true journalist.

The interview was short but excellent. After a few moments Asman commented on Kerry saving Rassman's life, she said " you don't really believe that do you?".

Ms. Trotta also commented on the fact that she was there when the POW' s came home and commented on the 2,500 that are still unaccounted for.
She also said there comes a time when truth should trump "fair and balanced"

She works for the Washington Times or Post, I am not sure which. I think she has also done quite a bit of work on the Oil for Food scandal. She is always a great addition to FOX whatever the subject at hand.

ondryland

Thanks to all of you for all you have done.
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info ondryland Smile
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:
Liz Trotta has been defending Vietnam vets for a long time. I remember seeing her on a symposium about the Vietnam war C-span covered 10 years ago defending them. I believe she said she was a reporter during the Vietnam war.

Here's Liz Trotta's bio at Fox:
"Liz Trotta is the former New York bureau chief of The Washington Times and is a contributor for FOX News Channel.

The author of Fighting for Air: In the Trenches with Television News, Trotta was the first woman to cover a war for broadcast news.

She began her career in journalism in 1965 working for the NBC affiliate in New York and won network recognition by taking on tough assignments including covering the Vietnam War and 1984 presidential candidate, George McGovern.

Trotta has worked for Hillman Periodicals; Inter-Catholic Press Agency; Long Island Press; Chicago Tribune; Newsday; NBC and CBS. She has taught Journalism at Stern College of Yeshiva University.

The winner of three Emmy awards and two Overseas Press Club awards, Trotta is a graduate of Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: