SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jim Rassmann Comments on Stolen Honor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Jim Rassmann Comments on Stolen Honor Reply with quote

From Las Vegas Sun:

Today: October 22, 2004 at 15:18:41 PDT

Vietnam vet saved by Kerry says Sinclair film a campaign trick
By BRENDAN RILEY
ASSOCIATED PRESS

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) - Jim Rassmann, saved by John Kerry after being blown off Kerry's boat during a 1969 Vietnam firefight, said Friday a Sinclair Broadcast documentary critical of Kerry's anti-war activities amounts to campaign trickery.

Rassmann, whose stop here coincided with Kerry's appearance in nearby Reno - his first in northern Nevada - said the "Stolen Honor: Wounds that Never Heal" documentary amounts to Kerry foes "using any trick they can possibly use" to help President Bush win a second term.

Critics who question Kerry's service are "making this story up as they go along," said Rassmann, pulled out of the Bay Hap River by Kerry. Kerry got the Bronze Star for saving Rassmann, a Special Forces lieutenant during the Vietnam war.

"These guys can't keep their stories together. They've got a poor lie and let it fall apart," Rassmann added.

"This campaign has reinforced my view that American politics is a bunch of garbage," said Rassmann, a retired Los Angeles sheriff's deputy.

"No one will ever be able to convince me that (Bush chief political adviser) Karl Rove is not orchestrating this from the wings," he said.

Sinclair, whose executives are Republican contributors, prepared Friday to air a news special based in part on "Stolen Honor." The company announced the program would appear on 40 stations. It has a total of 62 stations reaching a quarter of U.S. households.

Sinclair said its program, "A POW Story: Politics, Pressure and the Media" will examine the role of the media in filtering information contained in documentaries, media bias, and attempts by candidates and other organizations to influence media coverage.

The Kerry campaign announced Thursday that it would not participate in the Sinclair program even though the company decided against airing all of "Stolen Honor."

That film consists mostly of interviews with U.S. prisoners of war who survived imprisonment and torture in Hanoi and emerged enraged at Kerry for helping lead the anti-war movement after he completed his Vietnam service.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nevada/2004/oct/22/102210453.html
Moderator: url edited - G_Dog

Last edited by shawa on Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rassman wasn't a POW, he has no viable comment to add!!!!!!!
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should be thrilled now that the communists have been successful in silencing Sinclair and turning their "showing" into a complete joke. God help us.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Vet who can show that kind of disdain toward the POW's and their feelings is pond scum in my book.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This infuriates me!!!
The liberal media takes a dismissive attitude toward the
POWs.- They"re just a lot of old men with an axe to grind, over
something that's thirty years old. HOW DARE THEY!!!

These men endured unimaginable suffering for years!!

They have never been able to tell their story.

GIVE THEM THE RECOGNITION AND HONOR THEY DESERVE!!!

THESE MEN ARE HEROES THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED!!

AT LONG LAST THEY SHOULD BE WELCOMED HOME AS HEROES
AND GIVEN THE HONOR THEY DESERVE!!!

GIVE THEM A FORUM!!!!

(I have emailed this to all the networks, even though I know I'm tilting at windmills.)
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sn't Rassman the guy that sat on the Kerry boat for 90 minutes after being thrown overboard. Isn't he the same one that confirmed the fact that it was the Kerry boat that stayed while all of the other Swiftboarts fled down river although it was the other boats that had performed the rescue operations and it was the Kerry boat that got involved only in the towing. Was it not this guy that claimed they were under intense fire for 5000 meters over 3 miles yet he sat there on the boat that was involved after 90 minutes of rescue operations and lashing a disabled boat and the arrival of other rescue personal through this 5000 meters of intense fire from both banks to assist in the stabilazation of the disabled craft to lash it to the boat he was on and do the towing. Isn't this the same guy that has along with John Kerry refused to sign the standard form 180? The question I would have for John Kerry is, "John if while you were towing this disabled craft, which I am sure would have greatly impeaded your being able to run during the towing operation, had come under intense fire would you have continued to tow the craft as ordered and defended both your craft and the disabled craft or would you have cut the line and left the crew on the disabled craft to stay and fend for themselves".
aticama
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the frustration here, but please look at the bright side; we at least had a partial victory. I noticed that the show spent more time, about 37 minutes, on Stolen Honor. About 5 minutes on Bushes record, and the majority of that time was on people that supported him. It showed the one-sidedness of what happened in Pennsylvania at the theatre, and how the demos do not care if they step on the Constitution to get their way. I would have like to see then show how a Texas primary school teacher forced her\his children to watch the “r” rated trash f911 in school. They will do what they can to subvert this election.

What we need to do now is get our butts over and give a few more bucks to get the adds into Pennsylvania. I have already sent in some more money. We have to really get the push on and not back off. We have to work hard.

Bush is going to win, but we want him to make a shambles of kerry. And even after the presidential campaign is over, we want to get him out of the Senate along with that murdering buddy of his teddy kennedy.

So lets not let this thing get us down. That is what THEY want. Go for their throats! Rip out their hearts, so to speak.

I have to make another statement here that is not going to be popular, but I think must be said. They won this Stolen Honor thing because of our apathy. They out fought us. It is a battle that never should have been lost. We cannot let it happen again, but unfortunately it is. They are using the same left wing propaganda that kerry learned from the commies and used against our troops in the Nam. WE HAVE TO GET VERY BISSY AND NOT LET THEM DISCRACE THE BOYS WE HAVE IN BATTLE NOW. The troops are already feeling it. We have to get Bush back into office and get behind him, giving him the straight to go after the insurgents in this war or the liberal traders will turn it into another Nam. Look at the news, they are doing it again, and whining about it will not help.

Get mean! This is not only a fight for Bush; it is a fight for our Fighting Men all over the world. We have to fight for them or the liberals will slaughter then like lambs!

God Bless America and it’s fighting men now, and from the past.
aticama
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will put my money were my mouth is. Help kick there butts. Please!

To: aticama@
Subject: Donation to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth

Thank you for contributing to the support of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.
This email is your receipt for your contribution of $XXXXXX
Your transaction number, which will appear on your credit card statement, is XXXXXXXXXXX
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Media Reply with quote

aticama wrote:
I understand the frustration here, but please look at the bright side; we at least had a partial victory. I noticed that the show spent more time, about 37 minutes, on Stolen Honor. About 5 minutes on Bushes record, and the majority of that time was on people that supported him. It showed the one-sidedness of what happened in Pennsylvania at the theatre, and how the demos do not care if they step on the Constitution to get their way. I would have like to see then show how a Texas primary school teacher forced her\his children to watch the “r” rated trash f911 in school. They will do what they can to subvert this election.

What we need to do now is get our butts over and give a few more bucks to get the adds into Pennsylvania. I have already sent in some more money. We have to really get the push on and not back off. We have to work hard.

Bush is going to win, but we want him to make a shambles of kerry. And even after the presidential campaign is over, we want to get him out of the Senate along with that murdering buddy of his teddy kennedy.

So lets not let this thing get us down. That is what THEY want. Go for their throats! Rip out their hearts, so to speak.

I have to make another statement here that is not going to be popular, but I think must be said. They won this Stolen Honor thing because of our apathy. They out fought us. It is a battle that never should have been lost. We cannot let it happen again, but unfortunately it is. They are using the same left wing propaganda that kerry learned from the commies and used against our troops in the Nam. WE HAVE TO GET VERY BISSY AND NOT LET THEM DISCRACE THE BOYS WE HAVE IN BATTLE NOW. The troops are already feeling it. We have to get Bush back into office and get behind him, giving him the straight to go after the insurgents in this war or the liberal traders will turn it into another Nam. Look at the news, they are doing it again, and whining about it will not help.

Get mean! This is not only a fight for Bush; it is a fight for our Fighting Men all over the world. We have to fight for them or the liberals will slaughter then like lambs!

God Bless America and it’s fighting men now, and from the past.

EXACTLY RIGHT,its the same limousine celebs in the media today that are trying to influence this vote.
Never losing a major battle during the Vietnam war it was losed in the media and the universities.
These same people on their $12 million a year salaries and private jets are manipulating the news again...........they'll be the first ones on their private jets to Europe if things get tough at home.
aticama
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I am talking about. I spy on the kerry boards, and post. (I am not calling for anyone else to do so, that is against the forum rules. This is what I do. Who said; “Know your enemy). MSNBC has a poll going showing Bush is trailing karry 34 to 57. The link is posted on the kerry boards. They are actively working hard for their fool. The reason he is ahead in the pole is because we do not have the drive they do. We have to push harder!!!!! Get active; spend a day finding out who they are and what they are doing.

GO VOTE HERE: Please Razz

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6309730/site/newsweek/
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I'm able to do about 15 an hr.... slow machine
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Media Reply with quote

gmez2001 wrote:
EXACTLY RIGHT,its the same limousine celebs in the media today that are trying to influence this vote.
Never losing a major battle during the Vietnam war it was losed in the media and the universities.
These same people on their $12 million a year salaries and private jets are manipulating the news again...........they'll be the first ones on their private jets to Europe if things get tough at home.

The Islamo-death cult will not leave them alone in Europe - they will also have to fight them off there only they won't have nearly the resolve as the Americans have had under Bush's leadership.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aticama wrote:
This is what I am talking about. I spy on the kerry boards, and post. (I am not calling for anyone else to do so, that is against the forum rules. This is what I do. Who said; “Know your enemy). MSNBC has a poll going showing Bush is trailing karry 34 to 57. The link is posted on the kerry boards. They are actively working hard for their fool. The reason he is ahead in the pole is because we do not have the drive they do. We have to push harder!!!!! Get active; spend a day finding out who they are and what they are doing.

GO VOTE HERE: Please Razz

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6309730/site/newsweek/

I also vote in stuff like that - for what good it does us...the reason for the numbas you quote is simple - MSNBC is a mouthpiece for the Kerry camp every bit as much as the other alphabet soup stations...they tune in there like conservative tune in to Limbaugh...so it's not stunning nor worrisome because most of those affected there are liberals who are already voting for Kerry...the few independents are affected by that would be a very small percentage, IMHO. But I'll vote anyhow - on principle - thanks for efforts!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: