SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did I miss the Ads on Monday Night Football???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlmorel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Did I miss the Ads on Monday Night Football??? Reply with quote

I had heard these two ads were going to be aired on Monday Night Football, I thought it was supposed to be tonight, but...no word...did they air last week and I missed it???
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the entire game last Monday and they were not on in Chicago.
But, IL is probably a lost cause. I suspect the ads were only in a few states. Admin., am I correct on that???
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next to Washington, DC, Massachusetts and Illinois would be the last place on the planet to advertise for Republican votes. Last I heard, all twenty-two families of surviving Republicans (8 in MA, 13 in IL) had packed up and left for Ohio last year, and moved to where their votes matter.

Sorry, guys. It's an accident of geography.

In reality, it's a matter of money. There is no sense in spending money on ads in states that are doomed already.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
1riverrun
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Illinois is very Democratic. However 1/3 of our population is in Chicago 1/3 in suberbs or w/in 50 mi of Chicago and the other 1/3 is downstate. Downstate is as conservative as conservative can be and if you could get 1/3 of chicago dems to go republican Bush could win.

I plan on registering in Colorado after this election were my vote can count.
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver vs Cincinnati tonight would have been money well spent. Who's playing next Monday?
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to the ads, it was local ads at selected markets and not National.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1riverrun wrote:
Well Illinois is very Democratic. However 1/3 of our population is in Chicago 1/3 in suberbs or w/in 50 mi of Chicago and the other 1/3 is downstate. Downstate is as conservative as conservative can be and if you could get 1/3 of chicago dems to go republican Bush could win.

I plan on registering in Colorado after this election were my vote can count.

It kinda dependa on where you are even in downstate IL. Some Chicago burbs are pretty Republican, but way south, Carbondale-Murphysboro, I think the biggest signs I saw were Green Party! Though the Bush-Cheney signs were really out in that Demo county, too. I'm in W. KY this evening, watching MNF on and off, haven't seen anything -- area will probably go for Bush although local Repub. party effort seems really weak to me. I stopped in Paducah Repub HQ a couple days ago & they didn't even have a Bush bumper sticker or yard sign! Got disgusted, went to Office Max, bought one of those new Epson printers w/ indelible ink & made my own nice big Bush-Cheney bumper sticker. Got us a few honks and the Sink Kerry Swiftly stickers on the sides of our minivan got us a big thumbs up from one guy, too! If anybody wants the Bush-Cheney images to work with (Word docs my wife made up), let me know by pm. Next is an improved "USS Sink Kerry" / SwiftBoat sticker for the car. Very Happy
(Original images are in "resources" forum.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: