SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KEEP THE FAITH! Look at who Bush is carrying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: KEEP THE FAITH! Look at who Bush is carrying Reply with quote

I keep having to remind myself what is going on and just try not to get frantic.

NRA almost 5 million members

Vets 36 million strong

In service 2 million

NASCAR fans who fall in major favor of Bush 70 million strong.

Whit guy vote, according to polls the white guy vote is well into Bush's favor and no one ever will win without it.

Faithful and religious types (I don't know how many, but plenty!)

Security Moms

Doctors

Clergy

Business owners. If you don't think business are voting for Bush look up them up here http://www.fundrace.org/neighbors.php

I pust in the zip codes fro my city where the bigwigs live and found 90% Bush.

Police

Firefighters

Count in family members and friends and the number get big. We are seeing Kerry not automatically taking states ever Dem should.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are like me you are becoming impatient. This waiting is awful.

Thanks for the lift. Razz
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about people like me/us?

White guy husband
Catholic
Security Mom
Business Owners
NASCAR fan
NRA members and...............

3 generations of VETERANS

Very Happy Don't we count? Very Happy
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2ndamendsis wrote:
What about people like me/us?

White guy husband
Catholic
Security Mom
Business Owners
NASCAR fan
NRA members and...............

3 generations of VETERANS

Very Happy Don't we count? Very Happy

Except for Catholic that would be my house as well. Wink
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
If you are like me you are becoming impatient. This waiting is awful.

Thanks for the lift. Razz
Unlike the Dems, we only have one vote each. So we rely on the common sense of our neighbors to vote the right way.

One can't help but have a few apprehensions about the outcome of the election. But I can't wait to vote!
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: KEEP THE FAITH! Look at who Bush is carrying Reply with quote

You would be correct if those you cited would actually vote Republican. Out of each of those categories you listed I know at least one person who is going to vote Kerry because Kerry is a Democrat. All thoseyou mentioned who are UAW [United Auto Workers] are so into voting who the union says to vote for. And some of those UAW members are avid hunters and gun owners. There are Religious who are liberal, even very very liberal, but religious. The Firefighters Union supports Kerry. The party brainwashed win vote for a yellow dog if he has a D after his name.

SangRun Hunter wrote:
I keep having to remind myself what is going on and just try not to get frantic.

NRA almost 5 million members
Vets 36 million strong
In service 2 million
NASCAR fans who fall in major favor of Bush 70 million strong.
Whit guy vote, according to polls the white guy vote is well into Bush's favor and no one ever will win without it.
Faithful and religious types (I don't know how many, but plenty!)
Security Moms
Doctors
Clergy
Business owners. If you don't think business are voting for Bush look up them up here http://www.fundrace.org/neighbors.php
Police
Firefighters
Count in family members and friends and the number get big. We are seeing Kerry not automatically taking states ever Dem should.
Tex
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that's a pretty neat site! I live in a very liberal county (went for Gore in '00 - in Texas!), but I was surprised at the results when I typed in my zip. There were only 12 individuals who had donated money to a candidate/party:

Attorney - John Edwards $2,000

Attorney - Dick Gephardt $2,000

Physician (self-employed) - George W. Bush $2,000

Investor (self-employed) - George W. Bush $1,000

Business Owner - George W. Bush $1,000

Homemaker - George W. Bush $1,000

Restaurant Operator (self-employed) - RNC $500

Oral Surgeon - George W. Bush $400

Physician (self-employed) - RNC $275

Physician (self-employed) - George W. Bush $250

Retired - George W. Bush $200

Sales - DNC $200

Makes me feel a little bit better about my immediate neighbors. But I typed in a more populated zip where I used to live, yeesh. Lots of donations to Kerry/Edwards and the DNC - mostly by attorneys. Twisted Evil
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another way to look at the union vote. Bishop Jackson just said on BOR that there is a change in the Black Church and they are starting to vote per their morals and not their race or history and that they have grown large. There is a lot under the radar we don't know about. The sleeping Giant is made of many parts and it is waking up and voting.

KERRY SPOT wrote:
ANOTHER SUMMARY OF KERRY'S HUNTING TRIP [10/22 04:25 PM]

From Larry S. Moore, freelance outdoors writer in Ohio: "Kerry's photo-op wasn't the mother of all flip-flops. It was just the mother of all flops."

Moore has doubts that Kerry actually shot his own goose.

Will we see Goose Hunt Vets for Truth ads emerging from this?

UPDATE: Moore continues that unions and gun rights groups are targeting the same group of voters.

He wonders if union members who are divided between their economic interests and Second Amendment interests may be claiming to be “undecided” in polls because they don’t want to run afoul of their union leaders.

Larry Moore adds, “I’d rather see Ted Nugent in my state than Arnold Schwarzenegger.”

twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another way to look at the union vote. Bishop Jackson just said on BOR that there is a change in the Black Church and they are starting to vote per their morals and not their race or history and that they have grown large. There is a lot under the radar we don't know about. The sleeping Giant is made of many parts and it is waking up and voting.

KERRY SPOT wrote:
ANOTHER SUMMARY OF KERRY'S HUNTING TRIP [10/22 04:25 PM]

From Larry S. Moore, freelance outdoors writer in Ohio: "Kerry's photo-op wasn't the mother of all flip-flops. It was just the mother of all flops."

Moore has doubts that Kerry actually shot his own goose.

Will we see Goose Hunt Vets for Truth ads emerging from this?

UPDATE: Moore continues that unions and gun rights groups are targeting the same group of voters.

He wonders if union members who are divided between their economic interests and Second Amendment interests may be claiming to be “undecided” in polls because they don’t want to run afoul of their union leaders.

Larry Moore adds, “I’d rather see Ted Nugent in my state than Arnold Schwarzenegger.”

Goldy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: KEEP THE FAITH! Look at who Bush is carrying Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:

Laughing Wow, that was enlightening. I put in our area's zipcodes and found some real surpises!!! Some of our customers (we have a business) contributed to HOWARD DEAN!!! I wonder if my husband will ever work for them again! (Should I show him?)

I know -- he can just tell them after they pay their bill that all the $$ he earns from them will go to GW's re-election fund Laughing Laughing Laughing
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow only three or four in my area for Kerry and all lawyers. Go Walmart Holt and USAA. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet Very Happy
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm surprised at how many are double dippers. Giving to both campaigns. But really surprised how many lawyers are giving to Bush while some Dr.'s at OSU giving to Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: