SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We have to do something for O'Neill.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: We have to do something for O'Neill. Reply with quote

Just listened to the audio from Scarborough Country (thanks sround you're a champ) and then watched the clip on the Daily Recycler. May even stay up till 3am to see the repeat here on the east coast. Man oh, man oh, man oh man!

I know all the great vets who have come together to make this thing happen deserve our unflinching gratitude and respect. But I think we need to do something special specifically for John O'Neill. This guy is just amazing! He got some great lines out on that guy O'donnel. Here is my favorite...."and you're a professional liar Larry just like your chief." Stated calmy and cooly. I howled. Literally howled. Think I woke up the wife and kids.

Seriously though, can we have a special collection for this great American hero John O'Neill? Really, a statue in his home town or some kind of medal or honorarium or something. Seriously.
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. John O'Neill has become one of my heroes. He deserves to be honored for what he has done.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree but probably we should concentrate on donations to get the ads running in PA first. I'm sure he'd be most honored by a Kerry defeat Nov 2nd.

Nov 3rd we meet back here and start a fund raiser for some kind of tribute. Only problem will be finding something fitting.

Does anyone know a sculpturist/moutain climber?

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John O'Neill,

You have a place here whenever you want it. C'mon and hang out here in California for a while. I'll put up your wife and any kids you have too! Every house on our block has a Bush sign in the front yard! CA isn't all bad!

All kidding aside John, (and I wasn't kidding) you have earned the undying respect and love of many thousands of us, and were it possible to repay you in the manner stated above, it would be an honor and a pleasure! One thing's for sure pal, you'll never be homeless! Smile The way I feel right now I would jump in front of a truck for you! I've never been in the military, but I think you've taught me something about comeraderie! Thank you Sir!

MarineBrat
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we could give him a medal of honor.....I'm not sure what it is for, I just know it's the biggest honor.....

why a mountain climber? does he climb? or just symbolic?

we gotta think of something really good.... but I agree we should wait until Kerry is toppled and the bills for the ads are paid..... then we can start donating to honor John. I'm sure that is how he would want it.

Is there some kind of debater trophy? that would be good.... I'm just not sure it would be good enough... it has to be sonething really good... really special !!!! Smile Smile

Maybe the other swifties would know what would be the ideal honor.... Smile
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: We have to do something for O'Neill. Reply with quote

jim_nyc wrote:
Just listened to the audio from Scarborough Country (thanks sround you're a champ) and then watched the clip on the Daily Recycler. May even stay up till 3am to see the repeat here on the east coast. Man oh, man oh, man oh man!

I know all the great vets who have come together to make this thing happen deserve our unflinching gratitude and respect. But I think we need to do something special specifically for John O'Neill. This guy is just amazing! He got some great lines out on that guy O'donnel. Here is my favorite...."and you're a professional liar Larry just like your chief." Stated calmy and cooly. I howled. Literally howled. Think I woke up the wife and kids.

Seriously though, can we have a special collection for this great American hero John O'Neill? Really, a statue in his home town or some kind of medal or honorarium or something. Seriously.

that was such a great line ! I can't believe these people can lie so much... they lie calling others liars !! I guess my mom raised me to well.... I don't really remember anything specific.... she was a single mom of 4 and always working... we took care of ourselves mostly.... we did go to parochial schools and to church a lot.... this O'donnell is just the worst piece of crap I can remember seeing on tv.... worse than Matthews by far!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Proud Reply with quote

I would be very proud to just shake John O'Neill's hand.
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John shines enough all by himself... but when they put O'Donnell in front of him he REALLY gleamed!

in the realm of PR the demos couldn't have helped the Swifties more when they matched that raving lunatic against John!

kinda like they sent a carp to battle a shark Very Happy
mach9
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know a sculpturist/moutain climber?[/quote]

Carlton Sherwood (producer, Stolen Honor) does.
BillB
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Sculptoress Reply with quote

I know a lady in Minneapolis who is an excellent sculptor. She
recently did a statue of Mary Tyler Moore that is featured in
Minneapolis (the setting for the Mary Tyler Moore show) and shows
her throwing her hat in the air as she did at the opening of that
show. If any one would like the name and e-mail address of this
lady e-mail me at BillBecker1@DirecWay.com. I know her from
a newsgroup (The Front Porch) that I have participated on since
Inactive Reserve (July '46 - Aug. '51)
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that what O'Neill would most prefer as a 'Thank You' would be to see Kerry defeated on 2 Nov. Best way I can see to thank him is to spread the word as far as possible, and to do what you can to get as many people to vote for a different candidate as is possible.

(I could suggest a candidate to vote for in lieu of Kerry, but we ARE supposed to keep this forum anti-Kerry vice pro-anyone).
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hondo, I think you're absolutely right.

Restoring the honor of the Vietnam veteran by refuting John Kerry's lies and rejecting John Kerry in a humiliating defeat is in all likelihood all the thanks that he wants or needs.

John O'Neill considers himself one of many and puts his shipmates ahead of himself at every opportunity.

IMHO, he would be embarrassed at having a fuss made over him that isn't made over the Swifts, in general.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scupturist to carve an image of his face. Mountain climber so that he could do it on Mt. Rushmore.

- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Hondo, I think you're absolutely right.

Restoring the honor of the Vietnam veteran by refuting John Kerry's lies and rejecting John Kerry in a humiliating defeat is in all likelihood all the thanks that he wants or needs.

John O'Neill considers himself one of many and puts his shipmates ahead of himself at every opportunity.

IMHO, he would be embarrassed at having a fuss made over him that isn't made over the Swifts, in general.

I agree it would embarras him. We'll have a swift boat carved into Mt. Rushmore instead.

- Winston Churchill
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmackto wrote:
I agree it would embarras him. We'll have a swift boat carved into Mt. Rushmore instead.

LOL! There ya go! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: