SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"A POW Story" WE WERE DUPED!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrmax
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: "A POW Story" WE WERE DUPED!!! Reply with quote

Below is what I posted on
FreeRepublic Forum

Sinclair's "A POW Story", was suppose to feature anti-Kerry documentary “Stolen Honor”, instead a hacked up review of the role Vietnam and media are playing in the 2004 election was served up. WE WERE DUPED! . Based on numerous news stories, media hype, I was anxious to watch a documentary, asking the public to consider hard questions about Kerry’s betrayal of his country and other Vietnam Vets. Sinclair had my attention, but pulled the old “bait and switch” routine. Only short excerpts were shown from “Stolen Honor”, instead a format similar to “cross-fire”, with 1 or 2 people from each side of the argument giving their views. My wife and I honestly felt that this was more like a campaign ad for Kerry, similar to covert biased news stories on ABC News and CBS news that appear unbiased but clearly put Kerry as the hero. Sinclair called this “News Central”. News Central appeared more like a mickey mouse attempt to look and sound like a prime time news show, yet came off so pathetically amateurish, whatever the message, it was now a mere joke.

As a Vietnam Vet, I really wanted the message of “Stolen Honor” to be presented, and I was rooting for Sinclair Broadcasting for being willing to show the documentary in spite of intense pressure to not air “Stolen Honor’. My view is that Sinclair wasted my time, other news shows have presented clearer and certainly more professional editorials on the influence of Vietnam and the media in the 2004 election. Worse than a waste of time, Sinclair’s failure to deliver the show expected, makes Sinclair simply another carpetbagger network that can’t be trusted.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your service, mrmax, and thank you for your post!

Welcome aboard!

Please feel free to jump into this discussion:
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14133

Or any of the other discussions in the other forums, for that matter. Glad to have you with us.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does many other people. E mail the free showing link to everyone in your mail box and ask them to forward it on to everyone in their mail box. Get it out.

http://www.buttondepress.com/BostonManifesto/StolenHonor.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: