SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power Line: We just got a tip
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Power Line: We just got a tip Reply with quote

Posted within the last hour, from Power Line: http://www.powerlineblog.com/

Quote:
We just Got a Tip...

...that a major newspaper will break a front-page story Monday morning that could create a serious problem for the Kerry campaign. We don't yet have any details, but it relates to a foreign policy issue, and it will call into question--amazingly enough--John Kerry's truthfulness.

We'll watch for the story Sunday night and post it as soon as it becomes available.

No details
lonevoice
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fingers crossed.....

If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant.
-me
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw that on redstate this morning:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14238

Also read an article that stated the wolves ad was created last spring and it was their best ad in focus group testing and sat it until now. Mort Kondracke said BC04 has another theyve been sitting along the flip flop lines that is suppose to be the most powerful yet with actual footage of Kerry supporting his war votes.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something's brewing... picked up by INDC Journal too:

Quote:
Cryptic Alert
Speaking of "lies," keep an eye on the front page of the Washington Times this coming Monday.

UPDATE: It's something that the Kerry campaign will be forced to address regarding a previous criticism of Bush's foreign policy. That's all.

http://www.indcjournal.com/
redwood
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Navy Chief,

This Powerline tip - any ideas?
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's a charge that sticks and makes national news. The problem is that the story will appear in the Washington Times. I love th paper but the MSM will probably ignore it. The big three never pay attention to the Washington Times. They'll just say a conservative paper raised unproven allegations today. Who knows, they may just ignore it. Remember, they're busy telling everyone that the race is a deadheat.
Green
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Wash Times -> Fox News -> MSN Reply with quote

Washington Times can be problematic. But if it is newsworthy, Fox News will pick it up. And -- again, if it is significant -- that will propel it into the rest of the MSM. They may be in the tank for Kerry, but they also cant resist a hot story.
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a peek at a (D) forum, you know the one ......under6r0und. They are "concerned" about this. They don't know what to think. Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil

Stolen Honor
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unknowns are always a cause for concern. They're worrried about this and I'm worried about Larry Sabato's endorsement prediction.
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.powerlineblog.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/8336

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference 'We just Got a Tip...' from Power Line.
Breaking Story on Kerry?
Excerpt: The Powerline guys just got a tip that a major newspaper will break a front-page story Monday morning that could create a serious problem for the Kerry campaign. we'll watch and see how big this one really is. I can't get my hopes up, as nothing se...
Weblog: Secure Liberty
Tracked: October 23, 2004 11:51 AM
News item this monday???
Excerpt: Two links from two blogs with an interesting buzz… From INDC Journal: Cryptic Alert Speaking of “lies,” keep an eye on the front page of the Washington Times this coming Monday. UPDATE: It’s something that the Kerry campaign wil...
Weblog: Synthstuff - music, photography and more...
Tracked: October 23, 2004 12:29 PM
Keep Your Eyes Open
Excerpt: Keep an eye on Powerline this weekend. It looks as if they got a tip about a Kerry story. October surprise maybe? Actually, what could be more surprising than the most liberal presidential candidate ever walking around a cornfield shoot geese with ...
Weblog: Conservative Revolution
Tracked: October 23, 2004 12:32 PM
Monday Story
Excerpt: I will not dive too much into the rumors, but it seems to be the growing thinking that a major newspaper will produce a story this Monday that could be very damning to the Kerry Campaign. Power Line reports that the story is something to do with John K...
Weblog: InTheBullpen.com
Tracked: October 23, 2004 12:33 PM
Watch Out on Monday
Excerpt: Numerous bloggers are reporting that the Washington Post has a front-page story scheduled for Monday, which will be damning for Kerry. It apparently relates to... foreign policy. Imagine that. Read more at Power Line, more info at INDC Journal, and ...
Weblog: Phony Kerry
Tracked: October 23, 2004 01:16 PM
I hate it when they do this
Excerpt: Powerline tantalizes us all with promises of a "big story" about foreign policy that will call into question Kerry's truthfulness to hit a major paper on Monday. Way to ruin my weekend, guys. In The Bullpen has lots more, including speculation...
Weblog: The Flag of the World
Tracked: October 23, 2004 01:43 PM
Major Kerry story on Monday?
Excerpt: Redstate tipped Powerline about a major story in the Washington Times on Monday that will be pretty damaging to Kerry concerning...guess what? His foreign policy....
Weblog: Wes Roth
Tracked: October 23, 2004 01:48 PM

Stolen Honor
Green
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Dont get your hopes up... Reply with quote

In his comments section, Bill at indcjournal.com is now managing expectations (he knows the scoop). He characterized it as not huge, but interesting. That doesnt sound like an election altering story to me.
clpeters23
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to a blog with more speculation on what the story might be:

http://www.inthebullpen.com/archives/2004/10/23/monday-story/

Cathy
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DNC has so many spies around, I'm sure they know what it is. Perhaps clues will come from any speeches or announcements they make between now and then.
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Trolls Reply with quote

I trust that anyone who knows will not release it on this forum since we all know it is being trolled. We all know that is why... help help help!!!
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i said this once before, O'reily alluded to something big last week. he told the Kerry lady that guess he (kerry) will have to change his stragery when the polls take a dive, or words to that affect. She was shocked and nearly had her mouth hanging open. O'reily knows something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: