SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Either Way, Let's Carry On
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohanakat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Either Way, Let's Carry On Reply with quote

I was a Bush supporter before I was anti-Kerry. Had there been any questions on continuing to support the current CinC, Kerry provides ample evidence. The fears of those who knew him 30 years ago have indeed come to pass -- he really sounds good if you have no expectations about holding him to his words.

I don't know how this election will unfold. I have my hopes and I have my fears. I do know that I've come to rely on this forum for news that I care about. I'd like to see this continue. I'd like to be able to keep checkin' in here and see alerts and opinions and analysis, freely given, freely offered with only the common bond of having served or being related to someone who has, or being affected by it and knowing the effect.

Regardless of how this turns out (I'm an optimist, I believe the President will be re-elected to continue) this forum can continue to be a place to be heard and to hear. I've seen things be shot down here even though the spread of the suspicion might work against Kerry, folks speak up to say it's not the way to go. There is honesty here, and it's allowed to play out and be tested.

I'm not conceding the election! I am thinking ahead. I'd like to continue to hear the thoughts of the folks who have been sharing them here. The "pajama hadeen" is frightening to traditional journalists and for good reason. For me, the immediate enemy is the traditional media and this forum is a very targetted and very believable alternative, with members who freely offer links to other like-minded sources. We cannot rely on the media (that is the mistake that Pres. Bush made, IMO, he simply didn't believe they could ignore the facts in front of them) and therefore we need alternatives. This is a good one, and I'd like to see plans for continuing beyond the election, perhaps a membership organization with proper ground rules and annual elections. I think there's a voice to be heard here and I don't think there's any boundaries on when that voice should be heard. It's always!

Kat
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've seen things be shot down here even though the spread of the suspicion might work against Kerry, folks speak up to say it's not the way to go. There is honesty here, and it's allowed to play out and be tested.

Good! I'm glad you feel that way because that's EXACTLY what the founders wanted and EXACTLY what we work at maintaining! Smile

I know that there is a lot of work to do after the election - I've already got so many things lined up that I want to get involved in.

This is one heqq of a nice bunch of people to work with and I'm looking forward to keeping in touch after the election on the next projects.
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it doesn't get shut down! After the Sinclair fiasco it's easy to beleive that the first ammendment may be toast. This is a scary situation. The guys at Sinclair not only folded to the public threats of what would happen to them if Kerry were elected, they went 180 degrees.
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moodyman wrote:
Mod Edit

Thank you for coming forward as a perfect example of why this country is in trouble. You had your freedom handed to you by the brave "guys" before you and take it for granted. The hell with the millions of others who only dream to have a taste.
FUZZY
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Moderators !!!

That was fast and right on !!!

Get them the heck out of here.

WOW !! I'm impressed .

A.D. (FUZZY) Barron

P.S. WOW!! I'm impressed again Thanx !

A.D.Barron
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to stay connected to this fine group of people on a Forum such as this one after the election because we have many issues in our political system that need to be addressed. But I would like to be able to address more avenues than just John Kerry and his Vietnam activism. If this Site will not be amenable to expanding beyond that focal point then perhaps we may have to start a new one.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recieved an email from my son in Iraq. He was kidding me because his wife told him that all I talk about is politics and I have become consumed with this site. She is right, I come in here many times a day just to read, I have donated what an old disabled sailor can afford and I have spread the message to as many people as I can. My family, other than my wife, is no longer having any contact with me, as they all think John Kerry is the second coming and are so brainwashed that all we do is argue. That is fine with me, family or not, right now I have no time for their stupidity. My father even told me that the mainstream news is factual, he said that by law if it is on the news it has to be a proven fact first. I asked about Dan Rather and he said that he still beleives that was the truth. So much for open - mindedness.
I am with this group 100% and only wish there was more I could do. I do not want Kerry to only lose this election, but I want to follow up and see him brought to justice and eliminated from any role in this country. I am truly hoping that we can continue the pressure and eventually completely expose him. I think the Swift Boats and POW's will earn themselves a place in history and will eventually be respected for their service, not only in Vietnam, but what they are accomplishing by exposing Kerry.
All I know is I have not felt such a passion about anything in a long time in my life. This group of great American vets has undertaken an enormous task, and you all have my greatest respect and love for your actions.

My only concern is I think I am becoming addicted to this forum. Once we take care of sKerry, I am afraid we will all end up meeting in the Betty Ford 'Swifty Decompression' Center.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hang on nutso, i have had to listen to my sons rave about that moron Michael moore for months now, and finallly I find out they are voting for BUSH. The passion I have for the SBV and all that has paid off. They aren't cured of the liberal thinking yet, but i'm making so inroads.

your poor dad. if only they were bound to tell only the truth and not a spin. Shocked or an out right cover up.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUZZY wrote:
Thank you Moderators !!!

That was fast and right on !!!

Get them the heck out of here.

WOW !! I'm impressed .

A.D. (FUZZY) Barron

P.S. WOW!! I'm impressed again Thanx !

A.D.Barron

Yes the moderators are doing a great job! I haven’t done a "Halt Who goes their" in weeks. Perhaps it is a good sign the trolls of July & August do not come in here like they use too.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael More is just the tip of the problem.
Hollywood and the media have more liberals and communists now than before the days of Joe McCarthy.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Michael More is just the tip of the problem.
Hollywood and the media have more liberals and communists now than before the days of Joe McCarthy.
Yes you are right we will take a big pile of money from Moore and lock him away. And then with the money we extracted from Moore we will repeat the process over and over until the honor of our veterans is restored and the willingness to distort the accomplishments of our troops is truncated.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wshhml
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutso, does your son in Iraq join them in thinking Kerry is the second coming? And what do you hear about what the others with him in Iraq are thinking about this election?
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: For a "turn" on words, "a la, wheres the beef Reply with quote

Where's the leadership, the House of Rep.'s, theSenate, and the,,

?? Gen.'s who for a ?"fee or something will say ok to 6 Star Gen. Kerry

and notwithstanding George Bush pray's, cuts wood with a chain saw,

drives a 4-wheel drive pickup for the cameras, (question is would

Harry Truman say "knowing what there is to know about Kerry"),

He served with honor. ????

I think that David Ives Mixter from Yale served with honor, I think that

Jerry Michael Shriver served with honor, ect. ect. ect. . No one will say

that in public on the record, and say that "Kerry did not mesaure up to

these brave men, for sure Kerry "did not jump out of the helo, back to

sure death to be with his men like Terrance C. Graves did.

Alexander the Great was not all "good" but he did go over the wall

FIRST , several times. There is no question that a (orginization ) like

this is very inportant for our countrys future. Good idea , action drill>

The long term for our country is not just about Bush, its about the next
10 Pres. and the next people we send to D C as the Congress., and what
the "party they belong to wants them to do" gonna take time.

besides "nut case work never ends"

Last edited by one more captins mast on Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No my son in Traq is supporting Bush as are most of the soldiers in his unit. I have been e-mailing cartoons and articles to him and they have them posted around the office. He says there are very few Kerry supporters, and most of them are doctors or therapists who are upset that they got ccalled away from their private practises to go. So it really is another case of mad as Bush, not pro Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: