SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill on CSPAN2 - Please comment HERE
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: John O'Neill on CSPAN2 - Please comment HERE Reply with quote

00:15 Eastern Time on BookTV promises John and the pretender from Texas Vets for the Truth

12:15 am ET: John O'Neill will appear on C-SPAN2 "Book TV" . This event was hosted by the Society of Professional Journalists on October 20, 2004.
Link to Book-TV Stream Page

sround wrote:
Folks,

This is the entire panel/debate/Q&A.

16Kbps @ 11KHz Mono mp3 Format ~ 105:31
Note: This is a big file (apx 12MB).

http://s2r-tech.com/swifty/cspan.mp3

Laughing

Admin note: Updated notice with hyperlinks
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-uo IB. Here's some additional info from C-SPAN.

Quote:
Featured Program
A Weekly Look at Selected Book TV Programs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Sunday, October 24 at 12:00 pm and Monday, October 25 at 12:15 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John O'Neill & Glenn Smith Panel
Description: John O'Neill and Glenn Smith discuss the 2004 presidential candidates at P.J.'s Sports Bar in Houston, Texas. John O'Neill's "Unfit For Command" is a critique of Senator John Kerry's millitary service, and Glenn Smith's "Unfit Commander" argues that the Bush administration is cynical and anti-democratic. This event was hosted by the Society of Professional Journalists.

Author Bio: John O'Neill is a practicing lawyer in Houston, Texas. Mr. O'Neill debated John Kerry on the issue of American war crimes during the Vietnam War on the Dick Cavett Show in 1971. He is co-founder of Swift-Boat Veterans for Truth. Glenn W. Smith is the executive director of Texans for Truth, an arm of DriveDemocracy.org, a Texas-based grassroots organization. Smith has also advised major U.S. businesses and institutions on communications strategies and served as a consultant to the Rockridge Institute, a think tank based in California.

http://www.booktv.org/Feature/index.asp?segID=5090&schedID=308

Personally, were I John O'Neill, I wouldn't dignify the ripoff of "Unfit For Command" by a joint appearance with it's "author". If C-SPAN doesn't feel that a book that has been at the top of the NYT's best-seller list for 3 weeks and listed now for 9 weeks warrants individual treatment, it would be their loss.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:

Personally, were I John O'Neill, I wouldn't dignify the ripoff of "Unfit For Command" by a joint appearance with it's "author". If C-SPAN doesn't feel that a book that has been at the top of the NYT's best-seller list for 3 weeks and listed now for 9 weeks warrants individual treatment, it would be their loss.

O'Neill appeared on Scarborough country a few weeks ago with the "author" of the ripoff book. O'Neill pretty much mopped up the other "author" who's book was barely discussed on the show.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize I've mis-characterized this presentation as a C-CPAN production when, in fact, it was presented by the "Society of Professional Journalists" who, judging by the overall treatment UFC has received at the hands of "professional journalists", are probably no friend of John O'Neill and "Unfit for Command". Hence their desire to juxtapose John O'Neill's serious treatment with the ripoff Bush hit piece thrown together by "Texans for Truth".

It should be noted, however, that Brian Lamb's "Booknotes" program (now scheduled to end a 15 year run in December) declined to offer UFC the same level of in-depth review afforded to the likes of Maureen Dowd's "Bushworld: Enter At Your Own Risk" on August 8, 2004.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, those journalists sell us, along with themselves, down the
river. Rats on a sinking ship comes to mind.......
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underway
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O’Neil’s presentation was right on. His ability to speak to the issues contemporaneously and precisely speaks to his cause being rooted in fundamental truth.

By comparison to this other author.... thus far from my perspective, this is very good exposure for SBPOWVT. This other guy don't come across too good.

Sort of like a mumbling schnook.
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.c-span.org/watch/cspan_wm.asp?Cat=TV&Code=CS

You can watch online. Very Happy

Stolen Honor
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair to say O'Niel is kicking this guys butt.
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith is pandering to the MSM.

Stolen Honor
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: O'Neill... Reply with quote

RMalloy wrote:
Sadly, those journalists sell us, along with themselves, down the river. Rats on a sinking ship comes to mind.......

Well said. I was a journalism graduate (bazillion years ago) who chose a different career path for precisely the reasons manifested media-wide today. In my day, it was the Kennedy assassination followed by absolutely unforgivable and despicable behavior by the OIM (Old Irrelevant Media, pka MSM). History thus far has denied us satisfactory information for that murder.

Now comes Mr. O'Neill and his best seller looking for an honest journalist, not unlike Diogenes who never found his man. But unlike Mr. O'Neill, he didn't have the Swiftees to help him.
Islander
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you John O'Niel. This guy is crushing the other.
barneyrl
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: I continue to be amazed by John O'Neill Reply with quote

It is a pure joy to watch John O'Neill. Those who are missing this opportunity to see John in action are missing a chance to see a man of character who offers eloquent, well reasoned and factual explanations for his point of view. In this age of political spin it is so refreshing to see an individual who discusses and debates facts.

I am also extremely grateful for John's commitment to this cause. It is abundantly clear that it would have been much easier to sit by the side and say nothing. During the past few months John has had to endure irrational criticism from partisans defending their party and candidate despite the facts. John has been held up to scorn and criticism by the media who have woefully failed in their responsibilities to search for the facts and truth.

All of us who have believed in and support the cause which the Swift Vets have dedicated themselves to, owe our deep thanks to John O'Neill.
kmudd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neill is a great man.
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bunch of kool-ade drinking drunks in that bar!

Stolen Honor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: