SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sabato speculates about big endorsement
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Sabato speculates about big endorsement Reply with quote

I didn't hear the show, but apparently Larry Sabato was on BOR show today. He said there was going to be a major endorsement next week that might alter the race. As I said, Ididn't hear. Other posters said that it sounded like it would be for Kerry. A lot of the speculation is about Nacy Reagan for Kerry. I find this hard to believe. Conservatives are floating the idea that Lieberman may endorse Bush. Of course it's speculation, but has anyone else heard this?
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Larry Sabato?

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whacker, you are my favorite worry wart. Nancy Reagan for Kerry? LOL, I don't think so, but if she does we need to arrest Ron Reagan, Jr. for slipping his drugs to Nancy.

How about Lieberman for Bush? That I could see happening.

Yeah, who is Larry Sabato?

<looks at dmack, asks her why we don't know this>
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is a political analyst at UVA-Charlottesville
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. He is a political analyst at UVA Charlottesville. Becoming more prominent on the national scene. He moderated between George Allen and Chuck Robb. Nancy already said she was for Bush.
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy Reagan endorsed Bush this summer. Sabato has been wrong so many times. Endorsements don't really mean diddly in today's information age. Kerry already has the endorsements of Arafat and Castro. Who's next? Kim Jong Il? Osama, perhaps?
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't I hear Kerry say that the Boston Red Sox Cheerleaders were going to announce their support for him? (humor)
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim Jong Ill has already endorsed Kerry, big time. In fact, I think I saw Kim Jong Ill campaigning for Kerry in Seattle last week. The police wanted to question him but it is against the law in Seattle to ask a person if they are in this country legally. So he was handing out fliers, and Osama was giving them all new underwear, courtesy of Michael Moore, if they would vote for Kerry.

Ohhh, Larry Sabato--a *political analyst*

Spare us, good Lord. Not another political analyst...they are worse than all the arm-chair colonels yakking about Iraq.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be surprised at all if Leiberman endorsed Bush. Given Kerry's weak or non support of Israel, Leiberman would be an idiot to vote for Kerry. It would take some backbone on his part though to endorse Bush.

Zell Miller
depotoo
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leiberman in an article the other day said Bush would be better for Israel.
nightingale97
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Nancy Reagan flip-flopping to Kerry would make that much difference. Has Oprah endorsed Kerry? That might make a ripple, but not major headlines. Now if Lieberman endorsed Bush...... I think that would make a splash. I just can't think of anyone who would make that big a difference at this point except Senator Joe backing Bush or maybe John McCain backing Kerry. I am wondering if Al and Hil will make any positive difference in Fla, or will Bill blow them away in Penn? With all the supposedly "Big Guns" the Dems are bringing out you would think Kerry would be way up in the polls.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Nancy would do that to RR, but stranger things have happened. She would just look like an old fool if she did.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be surprised too if Nancy Reagan endorses Kerry. But that would betray his late husband, the dear Ronny. Doesn't she know that it was Kerry who stood stubbornly against his hubby, Reagan in 80s? Too much if she does it, but as someone wrote here...anything can happen in this election.

As far as Lieberman goes, I really hope that he endorses Bush. In time on trouble, your first concern must be for the nation, not for the party. I don't know who said that. Perhaps JF Kennedy. Lieberman should know that.

Ronald Reagan, Jr. is pathetic, just like many other ignorant liberals. It's amazing how, in all respect, he is far, as far as east from the west, from his father.
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way Nancy Reagan will change her endorsement to Kerry. Before the Republican convention she released a statement that in spite of her disagreement with Bush over embryonic stem cell research, that it is not everything and there are other issues at hand. She made it very clear she is for Bush. Now let's put this speculation aside and go win one for the Gipper.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ventura endorses Kerry...I'm overwhelmed...NOT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: