SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jacksonville, FL - Bush Country
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Jacksonville, FL - Bush Country Reply with quote

50,000 strong today. Just got home and I am happy to report that the President is on his A game. What a great day. Air Force One flew over Alltel Stadium and the place went nuts. Almost the entire crowd arrived three hours early. The President was really sharp. Supporters were upbeat, bigtime.

By the way, Edwards was here last night. 2,500. hehehe
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh darn...my husband is deployed to the Persian Gulf and I am stuck at the farmhouse waiting on his return so we missed out being there too...
Great news... Wink

He has already voted for Bush and so have I so there is two votes for 'W"

OOH-YAH!
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we got home from Operation Street Corner, the game here was at half time so we turned to C-span and watched President Bush. The crowd was awesome in Florida. The camera kept panning around the stadium and you could see how many people were there.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just my own bias filtering the picture, or am I seeing right? It seems that every time they show Kerry at one of his rallys the picture is kept on him, and the band of enthusiasts right behind, or around, him - no crowd pictures. But at Bush rallys, they always seem to manage to pan the crowd several times, which always seem to be huge.
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you are seeing things correctly. I have watch several stump speaches by sKerry and I have not seen any of the crowds. This is along the same lines when sKerry addressed the National Gaurd and the American Legion.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it Anker-Clanker!

I've noticed the same thing - so has the hubs. Wink

Open up for some wide shots, there, CNN - let's see those crowds of 50,000 around for a Kerry rally! Wink
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
You got it Anker-Clanker!

I've noticed the same thing - so has the hubs. Wink

Open up for some wide shots, there, CNN - let's see those crowds of 50,000 around for a Kerry rally! Wink

Navy 3x - your zero key must be stuck, I'm sure there were only 5-(edited - for kerry!)! Laughing Laughing Shocked
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!

Last edited by GiveMeFreedom on Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart alec. Wink

My zero key is just fine, thank you and so is my any key. Very Happy

But, did you hear about Cher's dud appearance? She was supposed to do this show/rally against the President for thousands, but only a couple of hundred people showed up to hear her taut-faced, airheaded ramblings against our Prez.

Everybody say, "Awwwwww.... that's too bad"

(That there were a couple of hundred people that stupid all congregated in the same place, that is. Wink )
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Smart alec. Wink

My zero key is just fine, thank you and so is my any key. Very Happy

But, did you hear about Cher's dud appearance? She was supposed to do this show/rally against the President for thousands, but only a couple of hundred people showed up to hear her taut-faced, airheaded ramblings against our Prez.

Everybody say, "Awwwwww.... that's too bad"

(That there were a couple of hundred people that stupid all congregated in the same place, that is. Wink )

LOL - Awwwwwww....that's too bad, Cher, go home and start acting like an adult, and while you're at it, start acting your age. Geeeezzzz, what is she about 60 by now?

Well, okay, there *might* have been 6 people at Kerry's rally! Laughing Laughing

Verrrrrrryyyyy interesting that the cameras don't scan his crowds. Laughing
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I know I started this thread but I'm feeling just a little bit proud tonight. Jacksonville is a military city and has been for a long time. We have a long history of being involved in just about every major engagement in the past 50 years. Anyway as a native Jacksonvillian I am very proud of my city today. It was just reported that today's rally at Alltel Stadium for the reelection of George W. Bush is the largest political rally in American history. 3N, I have looked at several news stories since coming home and no one seems to want to show President Bush standing before 50,000 American citizens who are strongly committed to seeing that John Kerry is sent packing. Hell, I'm so fired up I can't even go to sleep.

PS SBVT's were there also.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cher is like that other obscenity, the Rolling Stones guy. Can't remember his name. Keith Richards? I was never a fan, but now I am always afraid he is going to fall and break a hip during one of his concerts.

It's kinda embarrassing to watch 65 year old men prancing around the stage in skin-tight pants. It was bad enough 30 years ago, or whatever. Now it seems like a crime against nature.

Bruce Springsteen is a big Kerry lover, he has been having concerts for him. Kerry said it was a "privilege" to have Springsteen out campaigning for him. A "privilege". <snicker> What a giant group of goops.

I asked my daughter if she had heard Bruce Springsteen was giving concerts for Kerry. She said, "Who is Bruce Springsteen?" <snicker>

I said, "P. Diddy is campaigning for Kerry." She said, "Would we want someone named P. Diddy campaigning for Bush, Mom?" <snicker>

I just told her Cher was gave a concert for Kerry. She said, "How much did George Soros have to pay people to attend?" <snicker>

Irrelevant Has Beens for Kerry/Edwards '04

Groovy.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal, JAXBCH!

Don't worry about the pukes in the OIM not covering these rallies; they will have to cover the George W. Bush rally we are holding coast-to-coast on Novemeber 3rd, and that will be their penance.

Glad you had a good time and had a good rally. God bless you all there in Jacksonville!
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Irrelevant Has Beens for Kerry/Edwards '04

Groovy.

lol even linda Ronstandt (sp) got her 15 minutes of fame. i used to like her too. Evil or Very Mad She was great in the 70's. Last time I saw her on stage (on TV) was with emmie lou harris and dolly parton, and she was so goofy ( rather dazed like she was either on drugs or crazy ) they had to lead her around. the camera kept focusing in on her and she was just a total space cadet.
But hey man, she supports Michael Mooore-he is her desparado. Shocked
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda Ronstadt: 15 minutes of Lame.

Yeah, I'm running out to buy some Linda Ronstadt albums today!

That's why she was schmoozing in some Vegas lounge act, anyway!

Evil or Very Mad Besides, that Blue Bayou song, it sucked. I hated it when I was a kid.

Give me 10cc or Golden Earing over Linda Ronstadt anyday...

reconflyer
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Golden Earing [/quote
can't remember now, did they do "Radar love"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: