SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Intentions - Support Sherwood and SH on October 31st.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: My Intentions - Support Sherwood and SH on October 31st. Reply with quote

I will 'forget' Sinclair and look at angle no one's mentioned.

If I remember correctly, when interviewed, Carlton Sherwood said that he had 'shopped' Stolen Honor to various companies and he 'boasted' how great it was that Sinclair was willing to pick up the film for viewing. My question: What was their agreement? Did Carlton Sherwood AGREE to terms that would allows only snipets of SH to be shown OR was the agreement for the film to be shown in its entirety?

Remember, when Hyman 'announced' his plans and all the backlash started, he implied that all of Stolen Honor would be shown and then a day later said that a proportional amount of time would be given to Kerry for rebuttle. We know that ALL of that changed. So does Sherwood have any recourse against Sinclair? How can we further support Sherwood who went out of his way to make certain that the film would be shown, instead, it sounds like the P.O.W.'s Honor remains, STOLEN. I spoke with someone at Sherwood's production company a few days ago and HE even expressed concern that this might happen! Last night on CNN, Hyman repeatedly THANKED John Kerry for his efforts and willingness to cooperate with his contribution to the show!!!

I am happy to see that the film is now being shown on the internet for free. Yesterday, I think they were charging like 4.99. Anyway, here is what I plan to do, if I can purchase, this week, at least 5 copies of the film. (I am fully aware based on the feedback I received about my original plan on another thread, that some are not in favor of this, oh well?).

I will purchase @5 copies of the film, and place a large label on them that reads, 'A Treat for Mom and Dad' (or something similar) and will place the films, along with some candy into the Halloween bags of childen knocking on my door. I hope to accomplish two things: My purchases will support Sherwood/SH AND those 5 movies may reach (even if only one) undecided Parent just two days before the election. I am quite certain, contrary to what some think, that in doing this, it will be absolutely harmless to the children! Oh, they may be disappointed that it isn't something for them, but they will simply open it and give to parents or more than likely, parents will discover it when sorting through child's candy, harmless. Some Parents may be happy to have received their 'treat', other Parents may not. There may be Parents out there who have no idea about the film or the Sinclair controversy (it was not shown in my area) and may be curious enought to watch it.

If the film, in its entirety will not be shown, this is the best way I can thnk of to get the message out, especially here in Ohio. As soon as Hyman began to backtrack, I was concerned that he was not going to 'honor' the integrity of Sherwood's work. This is unacceptable to me and I must, even though I am very, very poor, purchase the films and hand them out. Some will say I am wrong, that I am getting the children 'involved', but I don't see it that way. The children have a right to come to my door for candy, which they will get, but I don't believe it is wrong to give a 'treat' for their Parents as well. In any event, if the Parents get pissed and contact the media, so be it. I've done nothing harmful or wrong. And, like I said, if I only reach one undecided or one 'soft' democrat, then it is worth the money and any backlash that may come of it.

I hope that there are at least a few of you who agree with my plan and possibly will be willing to do the same. I must first, however, find out how quickly I can get the 5 films.

You may reply in support or against. As before, I will read them all, but this time, after this Sinclair incident, I believe it is time for me to take serious action to further support Sherwood and get the SH message out to the public.

Kimberly
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly,

Here is my suggestion: In our neighborhood, the really young kids (maybe toddlers to age 5 or so) have their parent(s) come along with them. I would suggest striking up a conversation with these adults, and then offer them the DVD if you wish. Hopefully, you will run out quickly due to demand, and then you can give them the url web address for them to access it free! Very Happy As far as kids without their parents along with them, my stance would be to not give them the DVD, but that is entirely up to you. I certainly know what its like to be in a tight spot with money. Perhaps, after speaking with the parents you could give them a "flier" or something you have made up that gives a little background about Stolen Honor and directs them to the web address to watch "Stolen Honor" over the Internet. I'd like to support the movie too, and I have by purchasing the DVD, but at this time, I think its important to get the public enlarge to see it, and its hard to tell how much time delay is in the shipping. It might even be cutting it close to get them delivered by October 31st (not sure on this, just speculating). Regardless, best of luck, and report back to us with your success! Very Happy
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jay! I will take your advice and hand directly to parent of the youngest children, but for those without parent, I think I will just put in the bag. These older kids aren't going to want a 'dumb' lol political thing and most likely will just give to parents since the label will state that it is for 'mom and dad'. (Here's to hoping the older kids don't just throw it away!)

I may call Red White and Blue productions again and let them know that I need the order as quickly as possible. I'm sure I can pay a little extra to have them shipped in 2 or 3 days!

I'll let you all know what happens!

Kimberly
ArmyMedicsMom
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can these be down loaded and burned?? Then given out?

http://www.buttondepress.com/BostonManifesto/StolenHonor.wmv

www.annointed.net/video/stolen_honor_final1.wmv

Also, anyone have a buyers account on Amazon, who can post the links on their discussion boards??

http://www.alsabaah.com/iframe.php?file=http://www.alsabaah.com/English.html
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since R,W&B Productions is going to make this movie available free on the internet, I'd suggest buying whatever number you can afford, of course - to help recoup the production costs - and then burning copies of the file from internet.

Depending on how fast your burner is, you could have a hundred copies in just a few days - you could include a copy of Windows Media Player on the CD, as well as a personal note from you in text file version - in that, you can list links - stolenhonor.com , swiftvets.com , wintersoldier.com , etc.

CD's are dirt cheap at Best Buy and Office Max and so are the square envelopes with the cellophane windows in them. You could probably burn a hundred CD's for about $22 if you hit a sale.

Print up a bunch of address labels with the title, "Red, White & Blue Productions" and the URL and stick it on the CD sleeve.

You could hand these out at the VFW, fire stations, in front of your local Kerry office? Wink
ArmyMedicsMom
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donated money to Stolen Honor when they were first producing it and I bought 2 copies.

CDs to burn are sold a Costco also. I will get my oldest son to help me burn some and give away...

Oh I am so Pumped up right now....

HOOAAHH!!

wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site I viewed the program from suggested getting this out as far and wide as we can. They also encourged uploading it to kaza and other music sites/video sites.I'm not up on the laws regarding kaza and such sites, but if this is free on the net, then i don't see why it couldn't be put on kaza.

once this is out on the net-the dems will not be able to supress it.

sincalir should have not made such a big to do about it and just showed the film.
It is aways easier to get forgivenes then permission.

Last edited by wednesdaychild on Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that this can be viewed off the internet for free, but are we hurting their profits by burning and handing out rather than purchasing?

(I still want to know if Sherwood had an agreement with Sinclair stating that Stolen Honor would be shown in its entirety. If he did, I hope he sues Sinclair from here to kingdom come.)

I will call them Monday morning and find out how they feel about it. Perhaps they will be willing to sell them to me at a discount rate?

Kimberly
Kwik K
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donated also, enough to get the DVD included, when I get mine I will use DVD Decrytor to burn it to other dvd's this way the quality will be much better than the online content.

Best place I've found - http://supermediastore.com/ and I have bought a case of these http://supermediastore.com/psleeve.html - they are jus too cheap not to have some around...
Kwik K
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
I will call them Monday morning and find out how they feel about it. Perhaps they will be willing to sell them to me at a discount rate?
Kimberly

Kimberely please post immediately after finding out - make sure you let them know you were a contributor. Tell them that to make it cheaper - just have them burn them on blank label dvd's and use paper jackets - no labeling.

I would like to do this also - so ask them how much for how many - I think the no labels would be a good thing - I would take them to the mall and put them on vehicles and/or pass them out - don't even tell them what they are when handing them out - curiosity will make them watch it.
Could even hit some of the Kerry Rallies - just in now way tell them what it is - they'll at least start to watch it.

Let them know you know of other people that have made contributions and would like to do the same - and get a contact for THAT person so We/I do not have to talk to 50 people and waste time in that manner and we dont have to explain what we intend to do all over again.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone thought of making copies of the web site for Stolen Honor and handing out copies of that to the parents who come by with their children on Hollween night. You can include a link to the free showing on the internet.
ArmyMedicsMom
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't get the CD burner to work right and my son won't be home from Fort Campbell until Saturday, and he's the only one who really knows how to use this danged computer.

Soooo...I am going to print up a flyer, as ocsparky101 suggested
, with the Stolen Honor website address and Swift Vets and POWs for Truth website address. I also made up a flyer the other day with the accomplishments in Iraq, along with photos of Soldiers. I included tons of websites on it and Mary Anns Three Things poem/prayer.

I was going to put them in peoples windshield wiper blades but we have had rain and snow here so thats a no go.

I will hand them out to the parents on Halloween.

And if we get a sunny day, I will do the windshield thingy.

Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see nothing wrong with putting cds in the candy bags....

as a mom and grandmom..... so go for it! It isn't gonna hurt the kdis,

unless they try to eat it!!!! and it won't hurt their teeth - again as long

as they don't try to eat it....

think how harmful a kerry presidency could be for them....

if the parents don't like it? well, it isn't poison.... what can they do?

call the press? good.... more coverage for SH! Smile
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: