SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NYT DEVELOPING EXCLUSIVE FRONT PAGE STORY
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgiaBoy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: NYT DEVELOPING EXCLUSIVE FRONT PAGE STORY Reply with quote

ON DRUDGE...

NYT DEVELOPING EXCLUSIVE FRONT PAGE STORY ON TERRORISTS AND EXPLOSIVES. EDITOR HAS SET LEAD POSITION FOR STORY, NEWSROOM SOURCES TELL DRUDGE... DEVELOPING...
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why post this here?
GeorgiaBoy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure it's a Dem October surprise to counter the WaPo biggie. Considering how it's the NYT I'm sure they are working an anti Bush angle.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh ok, was wondering why you only linked the annoying drudge teaser with no story.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its old news apparently, and repackaged by the Times for this week. I pulled the following off of freerepublic. There is speculation that the Times is going with this old dirt to help Kerry fight off the dirt coming at him this week. We will see.

Quote:
"Despite pressure from DOD to keep it quiet, the IAEA and the Iraqi Interim Government this month officially reported that 350-tons of dual-use, very high explosives were looted from a previously secure site in the early days of the US occupation in 2003.

Administration officials privately admit this material is likely a primary source of the lethal car bomb attacks which cause so many US and Iraqi casualties. In the first presidential candidate debate, on foreign policy, Democratic nominee John Kerry charged that captured munitions and weapons were being turned against Coalition Forces, with US troops suffering 90% of the casualties. But the specifics of the losses from the Al Qa Qaa bunker and building complex, only now being reported, were apparently unknown outside of DOD and the US occupation authorities.

The Bush Administration barred the IAEA from any participation in the Iraq invasion and occupation process, and blocked IAEA requests to help in the search for WMD and other dangerous materials.

Zell Miller
GeorgiaBoy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck54 wrote:
Its old news apparently, and repackaged by the Times for this week. I pulled the following off of freerepublic. There is speculation that the Times is going with this old dirt to help Kerry fight off the dirt coming at him this week. We will see.

Quote:
"Despite pressure from DOD to keep it quiet, the IAEA and the Iraqi Interim Government this month officially reported that 350-tons of dual-use, very high explosives were looted from a previously secure site in the early days of the US occupation in 2003.

Administration officials privately admit this material is likely a primary source of the lethal car bomb attacks which cause so many US and Iraqi casualties. In the first presidential candidate debate, on foreign policy, Democratic nominee John Kerry charged that captured munitions and weapons were being turned against Coalition Forces, with US troops suffering 90% of the casualties. But the specifics of the losses from the Al Qa Qaa bunker and building complex, only now being reported, were apparently unknown outside of DOD and the US occupation authorities.

The Bush Administration barred the IAEA from any participation in the Iraq invasion and occupation process, and blocked IAEA requests to help in the search for WMD and other dangerous materials.

I figured as much
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: I Joined The Hunt Also...OBSCURE BUT......????? Reply with quote

I joined the hunt also. Visited those main blogs.
Hewitt/Simon etc.

One tiny thing caught my eye that would explain all the hype.
An obscure reference to a past interview/conversation with
John and Teresa. The big inference seemed to be that John
Kerry had sought mental health assistance in the past.

Sort of like the debacle when McGovern ran and his
VP candidate
had been treated for mental illness.

Who knows?? I do not think the above info carries the
import of a rebuttal for a shake up for Kerry's campaign
even with a huge DNC spin on it.

I am headed back to follow more links.

They have to put it out soon in order to avoid a scoop!

Happy Hunting.
Mary Ann Parker
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: I Joined The Hunt Also...OBSCURE BUT......????? Reply with quote

Mary Ann Parker wrote:
I joined the hunt also. Visited those main blogs.
Hewitt/Simon etc.

One tiny thing caught my eye that would explain all the hype.
An obscure reference to a past interview/conversation with
John and Teresa. The big inference seemed to be that John

Mary Ann Parker

It's almost a given he has had treatment for the parasomnia. Tayreesuh would only put up with just so much screaming in the middle of the night.
That of course might lead to real in depth evaluation and treament.

I also remeber that when the swiftees cranked up kerry called one of his old JG buddies for help, and the answer was "I'm one of em".
I have the name mixed up as Blount, Bland, or something. But he was the one that was takign care of kerry when he launched himself out of the rack on board LST1166. Where they were all one big happy family.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The big inference seemed to be that John

If he would just show us his medical records maybe he could clear this whole thing up. Twisted Evil
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how they tie this one to Bush, looks like a mistake on the army's part and they certainly arent without their unbelivably huge blunders. This is something which can happen under any president.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: NYT DEVELOPING EXCLUSIVE FRONT PAGE STORY Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy wrote:
ON DRUDGE...

NYT DEVELOPING EXCLUSIVE FRONT PAGE STORY ON TERRORISTS AND EXPLOSIVES. EDITOR HAS SET LEAD POSITION FOR STORY, NEWSROOM SOURCES TELL DRUDGE... DEVELOPING...

I'm afraid that the MSM is going to make this a huge story and the WT story on Kerry lying (again) is going to take a back seat. I've checked a few of the pro-Kerry type sites and this is all they are talking about, I expect that there will be a push for this to be the focus of attention for the next few days.

Kimberly
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"
Quote:
Despite pressure from DOD to keep it quiet, the IAEA and the Iraqi Interim Government this month officially reported that 350-tons of dual-use, very high explosives were looted from a previously secure site in the early days of the US occupation in 2003.

This is old and boring. I'm sure they will run it every day like they did the prison thing.
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Wasn't The UN Supposed To Be Guarding That??? Reply with quote

Maybe the big deal is;
Kerry's favorite organization (UN) was asleep at the wheel?
(When those materials disappeared)
Kerry's lies about meeting w/security council are exposed?
Kerry's voting record keeps popping up?

Maybe it will be a three strike day??
That SHOULD have impact.
However.....we shall see...

Make it a cautiously optimistic day!
Mary Ann Parker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the poodle will file a claim with the VA for PTSD after seeing all the raping and pillaging.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if 380 tons of explosives could just "disappear" from Iraq, then so could the WMD's, right? Seems like a perfect opportunity to tie this to WMD's and focus on the part of the Duelfer report that says that WMD's - and explosives possibly? - could have been hauled off to Syria.

Debbie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: