SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weekly Reader Poll - correct since 1956
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Weekly Reader Poll - correct since 1956 Reply with quote

I was just listening to WLS Teri O'brien and Art Wallis. They interviewed a man with "Weekly Reader" and their results have been correct since 1956. They commented that many kids will reflect their parents views. They polled around 350,000 kids, so it has a very large sample size.

http://www.weeklyreader.com/election_vote.asp

See Grade by Grade results:

http://www.weeklyreader.com/election_results.asp

Just something to cheer us up. Laughing

Also, in case you didn't see this one:

1.4 Million Teens Vote--Winner is BUSH!

See Results:

http://www.channelone.com/election_2004/results

(Scroll down to see individual state results)

Also, providing link for AOL "Straw Poll" for update:

http://www.electionguide04.com/straw_poll_october.adp

(Wait 5 seconds for loading, then click on a desired state)

An additional 40,000 votes since I last posted this. Bush even winning California and Illinois. Whooohoooo!

What I like about these polls is that the sample sizes are so large (1.4 million and 275,000 respectively)

But, we won't get complacent.

We will VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
Very Happy

And take friends with us! Cool

Cool Cool Cool Cool
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see the picture at the Weekly Reader of the 6 year old using the electronic voting device?.......my question........If a 6 year old can use one........why can't the Kerry Supporters? Mr. Green Wink

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trust that poll more than all the others combined. Kids vote what they hear discussed at home. I remember the Kennedy/Nixxon race in 1960 ,I believe, whatever, that race, they polled us elementary kids and Kennedy was the winner.
u can't , as we all know, trust any of the online polls b/c dems are skewing them .
also, i took a poll once this year,and was very pro bush, but ended up as an unlikely voter b/c i had never voted before. But i did note and Bush got it.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the "indicators" have projected a Bush win (mask sells, school kid votes, election futures, etc). I just can't believe the so called scientific polls put on the OIM every minute of every day. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe all the hype by the Dems. that the election voting process is going to be a mess..I think it will be better this time around....They are just setting thing up for their troublemakers..

http://www.drudgereport.com/dncee.htm
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This poll I can believe. There's no way the Liberals can pervert this one. The kids are usually a reflection of the way their parents vote, i.e., no bias.
If this is correct then the following will be Kerry 20 years from now:
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wednesdaychild wrote:
I trust that poll more than all the others combined. Kids vote what they hear discussed at home. I remember the Kennedy/Nixxon race in 1960 ,I believe, whatever, that race, they polled us elementary kids and Kennedy was the winner.
u can't , as we all know, trust any of the online polls b/c dems are skewing them .
also, i took a poll once this year,and was very pro bush, but ended up as an unlikely voter b/c i had never voted before. But i did note and Bush got it.

I'd agree --- kids reflect what is going on at home --- there were only 3 Goldwater kids on my school bus (my siblings and me) all the rest were for Johnson. This introduction to politics at age 6 was brutal.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Goldwater had won and Johnson would not have had control of the country...wonder where we would be today? I feel Johnson was the beginning of the undoing of the country. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Weekly Reader Poll Reply with quote

The kids do reflect the political views of their parents--especially the younger ones, who believe what their parents tell them.

Other "scientific" polls show that Bush leads by big margins among married people, while Kerry leads by big margins among single people. The "gender gap" has become a "marriage gap", and the kids follow their parents, most of whom are married.

The problems are with (1) single voters, most of whom don't have children, who don't show up in children's polls, who favor Kerry's pro-abortion stance so they can continue not to have children, and (2) some senior citizens, who want to live on younger people's work (Social Security) rather than their own savings. Their children are grown, and don't show up in Weekly Reader polls.

But when these kids grow up and start voting, Hillary won't have a chance!!!
hammondb3
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTW,

I am thinking FDR. The ties to communists in the FDR administration are well documented and in retrospect, many economists feel that he did more damage than good. If he had just stayed out of the way the depression would have solved itself. That's open to debate, but the fact that he was perhaps the first President to play Nanny puts him at the top of my list of Presidential misfits.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If Goldwater had won and Johnson would not have had control of the country...wonder where we would be today? I feel Johnson was the beginning of the undoing of the country." CTW

SO RIGHT. Johnson's War on Poverty introduced the age of
runaway entitlement programs that can never be scaled back.
Has really caused division in this country.
Over time, the Libs have continuously expanded "handouts",
Thus making more and more people dependent on government.
This is how they lock in a large part of the electorate at the expense
of the productive working folks.
For all the programs the Libs have thrown money at over the years
they're still crying 'America has to do better!' (JKerry)
Creating dependency never solves a problem, just advances the
liberal agenda.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the idea that kids reflect what they hear at home as I do not thinks kids that age have the ability or understanding of what is going on themselves, nor do most of them have the interest. I remember myself in grade school, we had to bring in a newspaper article and read it to the class, on the day it was my turn I cut out the biggest one on the front page. It must have been election time because there was an article about the GOP and I read it. I had no idea what the GOP was, and I remember to this day the teacher with a giggle in her voice tell me it was prounounced G - O - P not gop, as in cop. That memory has haunted me for years, as I am sure we all have a few. For years I was a democrat (please don't throw things), mainly because my parents were, my grandparents were and its all I knew. A republican was a dirty thing in our house and it kind of stuck with me for years, but I woke up in the last few years and have become the black sheep of my family.
After getting involved with this forum I have come to detest Kerry more than anything I can ever remember. WE MUST WIN THIS, THEN WE MUST KEEP PUSHING THE TRUTH UNTIL KERRY IS NOTHING EVER AGAIN. I WANT THAT MAN TO LIVE A LIFE OF SHAME AND SORROW FOR HIS LIES AND MANIPULATION OF THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.
OK, I will stop rambling. Thanks for listening.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutso wrote:
For years I was a democrat (please don't throw things), mainly because my parents were, my grandparents were and its all I knew. A republican was a dirty thing in our house and it kind of stuck with me for years, but I woke up in the last few years and have become the black sheep of my family.
After getting involved with this forum I have come to detest Kerry more than anything I can ever remember. WE MUST WIN THIS, THEN WE MUST KEEP PUSHING THE TRUTH UNTIL KERRY IS NOTHING EVER AGAIN. I WANT THAT MAN TO LIVE A LIFE OF SHAME AND SORROW FOR HIS LIES AND MANIPULATION OF THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.
OK, I will stop rambling. Thanks for listening.

Nutso --- I suggest that you ask your family to consider who would be best for national security --- the military believes the person best able to defeat terrorists is President Bush. The terrorists would view an election of Kerry as a retreat by the US and a win for them.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great poll and it speaks volumes. It means there really is such a thing as a security mom!

Notice how the spread narrowed as the poll was responded to by older students. Could it be that not many seniors in high school are still reading the Weekly Reader. The poll peaks at the 5th grade at which time more students outgrow the Weekly Reader. I am amazed at the high school students still reading the Weekly Reader. Are they dumb?
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Weekly Reader is geared for different ages. They have different versions. (Or maybe the high school seniors are reading the fifth grade version, and they are the ones voting for Kerry.)

Is this correct that the WR has been correct since 1956? I seem to remember that Dole won the WR poll in the Clinton/Dole election. I hopw I am wrong, I may be hinking of another grade school poll.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: