SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Follow up to Washington Times article - Redstate Org.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
air force brat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Follow up to Washington Times article - Redstate Org. Reply with quote

John Kerry, speaking to the United States Senate, 9 October 2002 --

America wants the U.N. to be an effective organization that helps keep the peace. And that is why we are urging the Security Council to adopt a new resolution setting out tough, immediate requirements. Because of my concerns, and because of the need to understand, with clarity, what this resolution meant, I traveled to New York a week ago. I met with members of the Security Council and came away with a conviction that they will indeed move to enforce, that they understand the need to enforce, if Saddam Hussein does not fulfill his obligation to disarm.

John Kerry, speaking to the Council on Foreign Relations, 3 December 2003 --

Thanks to some friends in New York, I was invited to come up and meet with the Security Council in the week prior to the vote, and I wanted to do that, because I valued my vote. And I wanted to know what the real readiness and willingness of our partners was to take this seriously.
So I sat with the French and British, Germans, with the entire Security Council, and we spent a couple of hours talking about what they saw as the path to a united front in order to be able to deal with Saddam Hussein.

John Kerry, speaking to the Boston Globe, 10 December 2003 --

I spent a lot of time before the vote looking at this issue. I went up to the United Nations at the request of some friends. And I met with the entire Security Council in a room just like this at a table like this. I spent two hours with them. (inaudible), just me and the Security Council, asking them questions. The French ambassador, "Is there a time when President Chirac would be ready to come on board? What do we need to do to move the French people to a place where they understand the stakes? Are you prepared to spend money? Do you believe we might have to use force in order to disarm Saddam Hussein? At what point would you be ready to do that?" I went through that with all of them.

John Kerry, speaking to campaign rallies as reported in the New Yorker, 19 July 2004 --

Because I might well have been in Iraq if Saddam had stiffed the U.N., continued to not allow inspections, hidden things. But I would have brought other countries to the point of impatience with him. Then they would have been there with us. And the President could have done that. I know it because I spent the time to go up and meet with Security Council representatives. I talked to them at great length prior to the vote....I came away convinced that they were serious, that the resolutions did mean something, that they saw it as a moment for the U.N. to stand up for itself.

John Kerry, speaking to the Unity: Journalists of Color Conference, 5 August 2004 --

I believe in my heart of hearts and in my gut that this president fails that test in Iraq. And I know this because I personally, and others, were deeply involved in the effort with other countries to bring them to the table.
I met with the Security Council of the United Nations in the week proceeding the vote in the Senate. I voted to hold Saddam Hussein accountable because, had I been president, I would have wanted that authority, because that was the way to enforce the U.N. resolutions and be tough with the prospect of his development of weapons of mass destruction.

John Kerry, speaking to the Columbus (Ohio) Dispatch, 26 September 2004 --

At the time, I said and I supported the president, but I said look, you ought to take an extra period of time, if the French have some reservations, let’s put it on the table. Let’s have a U.N. Security Council meeting. I met with the security council personally one week before the vote, and I asked the French ambassador and the British and the Germans and the others, ‘What are you prepared to do?’ And all of them said they were prepared to stand up and enforce the resolutions of the United Nations, but they wanted the time to do it properly.

--
John Kerry, speaking to the American people in the second debate, 8 October 2004

I went to meet with the members of the Security Council in the week before we voted. I went to New York. I talked to all of them to find out how serious they were about really holding Saddam Hussein accountable.
I came away convinced that, if we worked at it, if we were ready to work and letting Hans Blix do his job and thoroughly go through the inspections, that if push came to shove, they'd be there with us.

Every one of these statements is a lie.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...integrity, integrity, integrity" Now where have I heard that before? Confused
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For several years I have tried to give extra gloves, hats, coats, sweaters to the homeless and poor --- I have extra and these people are in need.

I now know what to give Kerry for Christmas ---in comparison I obviously have plenty of integrity to spare --- I hope it gives his mother some comfort.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: