SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TRUTH BLACKOUT: BOYCOTT THE MSM
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: TRUTH BLACKOUT: BOYCOTT THE MSM Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

As we enter into the last stretch of the campaign get ready because the mainstream media will not give President Bush a break. We are not involved in a News Blackout. We are watching an absolute TRUTH BLACKOUT. Remember what happened to John O'Neill when Lawrence O'Donnell would not let him even say a word without screaming over his voice. They are censoring us. We do not have to put up with it.

They will unleash every rumor or untruth they can come up with to try to give Kerry the win. We must remember they are biased and will stop at nothing. Dan Rather proved that and ABC has indicated they will slant the news in favor of Kerry without batting an eye.

What can we do? Nothing today. But, I have a plan. After this is over (no matter what the outcome) we must push this energy into boycotting the mainstream media and make it our goal to collapse their dynasty. When people cancel subscriptions to their magazines, newspapers and other publications and stop watching the mainstream media broadcasts (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC) they may start getting the message. If the population is split down the middle we can take away 25 to 35% of their viewers and readers. When their ratings drop to the ground we will win. We must resort to the internet to communicate and make our positions heard. We must fight back because we have seen the enemy and it is the mainstream media. If we are to preserve our Western Civilization we must stop watching their television broadcasts. We must cut off all ties to Hollywood and learn to do without movies. Can you imagine what would happen to that hedonistic society when we stop feeding their troughs? Let them have their liberal fan base. That's all they will get.

Anyone else want to climb aboard this Media Blackout Train?

Let me know.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have cable and wish I could just pay for the channels I watch..the remote doesn't even stop at the other channels anymore...
Discovery - love the Teutels and their choppers
History Channel
The Animal Planet
TNT
CMT
HGTV
and when I need a news fix I watch Fox.
So at 5 bucks a channel my cable bill would be cut by 2/3rd's

wishful thinking I know
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have boycotted all the media outlets you mention. I have not watched anything but Fox for the last 3 years now. I only subscribe to Coastal Living and National Geographic and I only get the weekend newspaper and that is the Dallas Morning News. My son had a history project concerning the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and for his magazine research we bought the National Review (I hope that is right, Bill Krystol's magazine) and one other Conservative news magazine.

Hoo Rah
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on that train since 1992!

During Rathergate, the first thing I thought was "has he changed!" Then it dawned on me that I hadn't seen him since 1992, it was obvious the same tricks were going on then.

I am with you. I only subscribe to "SmartComputing" and the IBD, keeping CSPAN, History, and of course Rush. Wink

If I want to see a particular article, I go to the library, serf the Net, or just do without.

Think of all the money you will save! Laughing

If you really want to know what is going on in MSM, subscribe to Media Research Center's FREE newsletter.

[img]http://www.mrc.org[/img]

They do a great job of pointing out media bias.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havn't been watching anything but TLC and FOX for some time now so count me in.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is a matter of many of us to climb on board. It is a matter of move over and make room for one more.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to make this movement grow.
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not watched the LSM news for over 2 years. I still watch the sports but other than that it is all cable shows and even then not much.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on this train for a while. I only watch network new to see how they will spin a story for Kerry, get a list of sponsors to write to, or see how they weasel out of self made messed, a la Dan Rather's forgeries.

I wish I had cable though, but not where I live! I would have been interested in seeing O'Donnell make a complete ass of himself on Scarborough. Got a taste of it on MacLaughlin though.....

The time is ripe to drive a stake through their hearts: both the emergence of the web as a news verification source to be reckoned with and the blatant bias of the MSM in this election cycle provide the tools for this work.

Let's get 'em!!
Woodrow
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get my news from Fox, bloggers, here, talk radio and websites. The LSM lost me and my family years ago.
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've also been on this bandwagon. Everything important can be found on the net now, so why in the world support these America haters?

Could you just imagine if there were a 1 or 2 day complete tune-out of all the networks? 48 hours of half the country in a network blackout? SWEET Laughing
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. I've not watched any MSM for years. I have tuned into MSNBC to see John O'Neil. But, other than Fox, the history channel, that's about all I watch anymore. I get much better news on the Internet.
I think it's a good idea to bring down the dynasty. We can really hurt Hollywood by boycotting the movies of certain people who have been very offensive on the subject of Bush.
That's how Jane Fonda's career got ruined after Vietnam. She rarely got a film role after that fiasco.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthserum wrote:
I'm in. I've not watched any MSM for years. I have tuned into MSNBC to see John O'Neil. But, other than Fox, the history channel, that's about all I watch anymore. I get much better news on the Internet.
I think it's a good idea to bring down the dynasty. We can really hurt Hollywood by boycotting the movies of certain people who have been very offensive on the subject of Bush.
That's how Jane Fonda's career got ruined after Vietnam. She rarely got a film role after that fiasco.

EVERYBODY..
After this horserace is over, we need to compile a consensus over all MSM-crappy media and agree on a date when we COLLECTIVELY message every one of these medias saying we intend to never buy/watch or in any other ways deal with them again.

We gotta HURT their sales, their ratings and their profits and make sure people know the truth and how outraged americans are becoming over this..

Cannot even trust their eather reports anymore and especially not in states with early voting.

LET US ORGANIZE A POWERFUL BOYCOTT LIST!!!!!!

Need some wood?!?!
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't give an American red cent to any musician, actor or product that's been linked to any liberal cause. Our breaking point came over after 911 and has only gotten stronger. No turning back! We'll no longer travel to any country who's been divisive during this most serious of times for our country.

TRUTHSERUM---not ruined enough!! She's given millions to the Klintons, kerry and moveon.
Quote:

muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've contacted my extended family and a few friends.. all are game. We are with you, nomorelies.

20 homes.. November 3rd.. and they are going to spread the word.

~mugged~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: