SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MOCK TRIAL of kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: MOCK TRIAL of kerry Reply with quote

I believe that we have retired military personnel present and accounted for, both officers and enlisted. I think that a general court martial should be convened ...here in this forum...where Lt. kerry can be tried in absentia, for his treacherous actions and upon other such charges deemed relevant by those here who have a juris prudence background.

Who better qualified than those who were maligned and harmed by the abhorant actions of Lt. kerry. Who more deserving. It's time for Lt. kerry to face the bad karma which he alone is responsible for.

Opinions please?

http://www.cpa-iraq.org/transcripts/20040604_Courts_Martial.html

"The general court-martial process includes a jury of as many as 12 members of the military who are chosen by the convening authority and often serve in the same military unit as the accused.

The court-martial members must be officers (supervisors and managers) and therefore college educated. However, if the accused is enlisted personnel (regular soldiers), he or she has the right to a jury of which at least one-third of the members are sergeants -- who are high-ranking enlisted personnel -- so that the jury includes more of the defendant's peers.

After an investigation, evidence of the crime is presented to a military judge who then decides if enough evidence exists to proceed with a trial. This "Article 32 hearing," analogous to a grand-jury investigation in civilian law, gives the defendant the opportunity to cross-examine prosecution witnesses and introduce evidence so as to prevent the case from proceeding -- rights not available to the defendant in a civilian grand jury proceeding.

If the case does proceed, a judge is selected from group of experienced courtroom attorneys with several years of experience known as the Judge Advocate General Corps. Typically, many of these military attorneys have served as both prosecution and defense lawyers in the military legal system. The judge will be given the power to decide matters such as which evidence the jury will be allowed to hear".

Last edited by 4moreyears on Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jurry votes on Tuesday, 2 November!
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.O.W.'s, this question is for you.

If during you imprisonment in VN, after having been interrogated and being compelled to acknowledge war atrocities as specified by Lt. kerry...what would you have done if by some quirk of fate Lt. kerry ended up in your same prison?

Do you remember the movie "King Rat"?
Mustang0302
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never get seated on that Court Martial. As soon as his counsel spotted the Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal on my chest, denoting prior enlisted service, I'd be dismissed.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the heading of the post to "MOCK TRIAL" because that is what I propose. A real court martial is out of the question. But think about it. A mock trial would generate major PR, even news of it at this moment would be a good thing. It could be conducted as a virtual web cast complete with charges, testimony and cross examinations. It should be carried out with all judicial propriety. I believe it would be very gratifying and a chance to articulate the charges and to expose kerry as a fraud.

Any attorneys who are members here please respond with your comments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: