SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fraudulent fraud

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Fraudulent fraud Reply with quote

Found this on moorewatch:

Quote:
Fraudulent fraud

Posted by paratrooper on 10/25 at 10:10 PM • E-mail this to a friend
With the Most Important Election of Our Lifetime(tm) looming over our heads, the Democrats are bringing their A game. Seriously, these folks are pulling out all the stops, leaving no stone unturned and at least three or four other metaphors that I’ll leave to your imagination. We’ve all seen the stories of voter registration irregularities recently including “Crack Guy”, “Mary Poppins” and the “ACORN scandal”. Those guys are dirty, and I don’t like dirty.

So imagine the gut check I got when I read this report from the Associated Press this weekend about the same kind of hijinx from the other team:

Quote:
Republican Group Accused of Voter Fraud
Substitute teacher Adam Banse wanted a summer job with flexible hours, so he signed up to knock on doors in suburban Minneapolis and register people to vote.
He quit after two hours. “They said if you bring back a bunch of Democratic cards, you’ll be fired,” Banse contends. “At that point, I said, `Whoa. Something’s wrong here.’"

Something’s wrong here indeed!

That little tidbit of the story was reprinted on at least 136 different websites, including nearly every newspaper and major web news page. Cripes, with saturation like that, the story must have checked out and it looks like the folks who support the guy that I support, are acting like the folks who support the guy I don’t support. I don’t dig that , I don’t like dirty. I figured I’d put together a researched article and shoot off a nastygram to the folks at this organization telling them how disappointed I was with them, demanding proper oversight. I was going to be a real jerk.

I didn’t make it past the first googled article. It seems that a blogger, so excited about his friend’s name being reported around the globe decided to get an exclusive interview with his old pal.

I’d post a link, but it looks like someone’s possibly trying to cover their tracks.The webpage is no longer available. The blogger apparently pulled it. That’s too bad, the guy really made himself look like a jerk. That stinks, I really wanted you folks to read it.

Luckily for you, your humble correspondent cut and pasted it yesterday in the forums:

Quote:
During the 2004 election cycle, the Republican Party has funneled but a few drops of its deluge of dough—$125,058, chump change—to a Phoenix, Arizona, outfit called Sproul & Associates. S&A’s record is not exactly clean, and, as you can see, its interests are not limited to Phoenix. I have a friend who did a day’s work in Minnesota for these clowns. His name is Adam Banse. We go back along way, so when I read about voter registration shenanigans, I remembered he told me awhile back he had done some work for Republicans, and we had a talk today.

Marc: So how’s disenfranchising the masses going for ya?
Banse: Difference between me and them—I registered 8 voters—all Republicans or people undecided. I then used the information I gleaned from my time with them and went to the Kerry-Edwards campaign headquarters where I sat down with Ted Irgens, the campaign organizer in Minnesota and told him everything I knew. I met with the group one more time after that and again called Ted and told him what I knew.

Marc: Did the rotten Republicans at least pay well?

Banse: Incredibly well. $13 an hour plus $3 for every Nader, undecided or Bush vote. I made $60 in 2 hours. No ****.

Marc: You want to tell the story yourself....

Banse: I was told to not get Kerry supporters to register—they said we’d be fired if we did, but they also said they were obligated by law to turn them in. It’s a felony in Minnesota to alter or throw away voter registrations. This state has a history of incredibly ethical elections. We’ll see about this year....

Marc: How did you find the job?

Banse: I’ll shoot you the e-mail I got from a temp agency that I had never been employed with.

[Original Message]
Date: 9/23/2004 3:13:41 PM
Subject: Want to earn up to $30/hr for part-time work?

Help! Help!! Help!!! Do you - or does anyone you know - need some extra cash? Dolphin Staffing has been contracted to find 150 people to go door-to-door and/or to public locations to register voters. Flexible hours from 9 AM - 8:30 PM. Work as much or as little as you want in the next 4-5 weeks.

Base pay is $10/hour. For the first person you register in an hour, you get a $1 bonus. For each additional registration within the same hour, you get a $3 bonus per person. On average, people register 1-4 voters/hour. That’s $11-$20/hour!

Employees currently working full-time (40 hours per week) or Dolphin Staffing are not eligible for this offer. All other interested candidates MUST ATTEND a one-hour rientation. Orientation sessions are held twice daily. Call Dolphin Staffing at 612-338-7581 to find out when the next one is scheduled.

This initiative is funded by the Republican Party, but supporters of any party are more than welcome to make some extra cash!

Marc: So you get this and then what?

Banse: I called the number and they got me in contact with this guy named Ben.

Marc: Who is Ben?

Banse: Some kid working for the party, so I thought. When he called me the caller ID said Republican National, but I was paid by “Sproul and Associates,” a P.R. firm out of Arizona—I looked it up.

Marc: So then what?

Banse: I went to the temp agency, filled out some paperwork and called Ben. He told me to come in for an orientation that night and I did. When I arrived at this little rented office, I saw that it was littered with Bush-Cheney paraphernalia. I chuckled internally. There were about 15 of us there, most of them coming from another employment agency that caters to blue-collar types (I came from one that caters to white collar employees) and I’d say the group was half African American, which surprised me considering this was a Republican-backed deal.

Marc: Did you hear any politics from the other workers?

Banse: Just one, a kid in the “Carlson School” at the U of M. The Carlson school is the business school—I know, shocking. The rest acted like they couldn’t care one way or the other. Ben was frothing at the mouth, though.

Marc: Describe orientation.

Banse: They handed out a packet entitled, in big, bold letters, “THE LAW.” It basically told us what we could and could not do. He then gave us a script that we had to write down—it was not already printed out for us.

Marc: He read it? Read it to you?

Banse: Yeah. It went something like this:

Everyone is supposed to wear a Bush-Cheney sticker—to attract Bush-Cheney supporters and repel Kerry ones. We were told to introduce ourselves by first name to passerbys at malls in front of stores, wherever we could get away with it. He even told us that we could stand out in front of stores, but that it wasn’t necessarily legal. He told us that if they told us to leave we had to leave, but to stand there as long as we could get away with it. He also told us how to sneak into apartment buildings and that it wasn’t legal, but a good way to pick up registrations and you didn’t hear it from him.

Anyway, we’re supposed to introduce ourselves and then ask people if they plan on voting in the election if yes, then are they supporting Bush, if no—walk away from them! Don’t make eye contact or discuss politics. If they say they’re undecided, try signing them up, if they’re Bush-Cheney supporters, sign ‘em up. If they’re Kerry supporters, and they insist sign them up, but try to get them to send the card in on their own—that way you’re not held responsible for it and you won’t get in trouble (Ben said he wanted a 9-1 Bush-Kerry ration, minimum). If they said they’re Nader supporters, sign ‘em up because Ben said (and I’m not making this up) a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush. That’s about it. He told us not to get in political discussions with any Kerry supporters because we didn’t want to draw attention to ourselves.

Marc: Describe your first day on the job.

Banse: It was unsupervised. I told him I’d be going to some car dealerships in Coon Rapids, Minnesota (about 40 minutes from Ben’s office) to sign some people up. Knowing that the UAW supports Bush (how sick is that—a union supporting Bush? nice union leadership) I thought it’d be easy pickings. It was. About half said they were undecided.

Oh wait, I forgot to tell you. ... Ben said they had a “voter fraud” person calling to confirm each person’s identity (they told us that they were doing it to make sure we weren’t forging cards), when these people were called they were asked who they support. I signed up my brother, sister and brother-in-law and they all lied and said, “Bush.”

Marc: Nice touch. Did you ever see Ben interacting with higher ups?

Banse: No.

Marc: Not even a phone call?

Banse: He received at least 10 calls while I was there. The kid was kind of overwhelmed. There was a young gal in his office with the same job. I got the feeling they were grating on each other’s nerves.

Marc: Next question: So....

Banse: I went to everyone I could find (except the customers) and asked people if they were registered voters, if they weren’t I’d sign ‘em up. IF they happened to be Democrats I’d already arranged it with the party to drop those forms off with them.

Marc: What was the party’s reaction? Had you called someone there or just plotted it?

Banse: The first people were shocked—shocked. They gave me Ted’s number. He didn’t seem all that surprised. He seemed more interested in the Nader comment. I took the cards to Ben the following day and told him some ******** about why I couldn’t do it anymore.

Marc: So you only put in one day?

Banse: Yeah. I wasn’t willing to sell my soul, for crying out loud. I haven’t even cashed the check and am not sure I will.

It would seem that our little news maker is in fact a news maker-upper. According to his own words, his employer told him that they intended to follow the law. They even handed out a packet with the laws , so he wouldn’t get confused. They also told him that if he was asked to move away from the front of a store, he was supposed to move. They told him they would process any Democrat registrations he turned in but those are not the voters he was being paid to find. I fail to see the fraud he alleged to the media, as he described his day in detail to his buddy. I’m not sure, but the last time I checked, hanging Bush/Cheney posters on the wall of a Republican funded organization wasn’t exactly fraudulent. Not doing the job you are being paid to do ( find and register Republican voters) is grounds for being fired. Politically motivated? Indeed! Fraudulent? Sorry, no.

On the other hand, this guy turned in registrations from his family members who he admits lied to the anti-fraud fact checkers. He also turned in registrations he obtained while working for this organization to the Democratic party. In short, he was a self-appointed plant who co-ordinated with the Democrats. He went there looking for dirt, didn’t find any,and decided to exaggerate to the media. Meanwhile, the left wing media and bloggers pick up the story and run full speed into “Republican Voter Fraud” land. According to his own admission, this guy is a liar. He is the one who should be brought up on fraud charges.

What does this have to do with Moore? Absolutely nothing, sorry. I just dig exposing lefty liars.

Why am I reporting this to you? Because I figure you won’t get to read this anywhere else, and when the left wingers throw this in your face, you’d otherwise have no recourse but to believe them.
(Oh, that and I will be working on a story over the next several days about the 380 tons of missing explosives in Iraq, and I didn’t want to go 5 days without an article.)

The Moral of the story: There are two sides to almost every story. If you can remember that, and then actually LOOK for the other side of the reported story, then, and only then, you might get the whole picture.

The second Moral of the story:

13x2=26. 8x3 =24. 24+26=50. This guy is a teacher? ( he said they paid him 60 bucks) Jeesh.

http://www.moorewatch.com/

Admin - Edited to make quotes clearer

Stolen Honor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: