SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We're Bringing It Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: We're Bringing It Kerry Reply with quote

Well my little "Band Of Sisters" stood on the corner of Hwy 66 & US 441, in Sevierville, TN, the past two Saturdays, slogans & info-posters in hand and got a resounding "YES" to Bush and "NO" to Kerry. We were all smiles and proud to be proclaiming, loudly, who we support for President. We had only four misguided louts "flip us off". East Tennessee is aparently firmly behind GWB. I'm thankful for that, but hope we can inspire some of the tourists passing thru from Ohio, Michigan and Florida (our tourist base) to vote for Mr. Bush as well. We have posters directing them to this website, the Documentary "Stolen Honor" and of course "Unfit for Command". I'm sorry I can't take off from work to travel to some of the swing states and rally people there. We are also handing out my remaining "SINK KERRY SWIFTLY" bumper stickers. People have been very receptive!

I hope to post pictures of our effort, soon! Thanks to this website, these SwiftVets, "Unfit for Command", and the many great bloggers here for inspiring me and my family to become "Political Activists". If you only knew how shy and reserved we are, you'd be amazed with our "VOICE" in this election battle! "Come on, shrinking violets, ARISE AND PROCLAIM YOUR SUPPORT FOR GEORGE W. BUSH!!! " "It really doesn't hurt a bit. In fact, it felt quite good, as you will see by the smile's on our faces." Pic's to come.
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go! I'm proud of you guys. Get them tourists coming from Ohio and we'll get Ohio for Bush. Hey, I scored tickets to see him on Friday in Columbus. Bush and Arnold. Now, I have to borrow a camera to use to take pics.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granny,

Go early-- prepare to stand in line to get in ... I understand there is entertainment while you wait.
Only take essential items -- no excess weight -- such as a purse -- put your id and $ in your pocket.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pneal way to go!
I did that too a week ago, its fun. A bunch of Bushies lined a busy area by the campus, I had my home-made anti kerry signs, some kerry people knew we were coming and pushed in with thier signs. They had a huge kerry sign right up front, so I got in front with my "kerry is unfit" and "kerry sold out POW's" signs. Well they left cause they werent getting many honks the way I was. Then this dork stood next to me with his kerry sign and some kids hit him with a full can of soda. It wasnt nice, but I started laughing so hard I was crying. That was so much fun Im gona do it again If it dont rain to hard! Wink
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: pneal

I remember you when you posted your very first post back in Aug.
You were very shy about posting then, and now look at you!
I'm so proud of and happy for you! You're awesome! Go get 'em!

Very Happy

Mission Accomplished!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, pneal! Smile

And how cool to get tickets to a Bush rally! I'm pea green with envy. Wink
MissouriVeteransDaughter
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to get to see President Bush in late July when he came to Springfield, MO. It was a day I'll remember for the rest of my life. When he came in waving at the crowd I was so proud of our Country that I almost cried! You do need to go really, really early. Even though we had tickets and got at the location an hour and a half early we still almost didn't get in because, due to security concerns, they cut the line off when the President's motorcade arrived.
"Lord...Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman" Ps15:1-3.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend getting there 3 hours before the rally. Turn it into a pre-rally party. The President is receiving rock star like responses at his rallies. The energy is just incredible. I am so glad you get to go! You will have a blast! God bless you for all you are doing! And what jataylor said is exactly right. have your ID and some money, but nothing they will want to search.

I will work on my whole shrinking violet thing, pneal. Very Happy
Think there is any hope?
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 14 year old is so excited. He gets to miss school as we are leaving 3 hours early. I told him this would be more important than a day of school. He will get to see democracy in action. Plus, he's physced (sp) about seeing Arnold. All I did was call my local Republican party and asked where I could get tickets and they said they had them. My hubby went to get them and had to wait in line. This being in a democratic town. He said he was pleased about how many young ones (18-20's) standing in line. My hubby has always had the opinion when he first saw Kerry that most people can see through him. And he's union and usually votes that way. But said he didn't like or trust him and his country comes over his union. Plus, after 27 years, said his union hasn't done anything for them. Over half from what he can tell from bumper stickers and talking to them are voting Bush.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: