SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POTUS hits back on Kerry's "explosive" attacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOV1
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: POTUS hits back on Kerry's "explosive" attacks Reply with quote

From Drudge@ Noon Eastern. 10/27/04

Bush at rally in Pennsylvania:

“After repeatedly calling Iraq the wrong war, and a diversion, Senator Kerry this week seemed shocked to learn that Iraq is a dangerous place, full of dangerous weapons…”

“If Senator Kerry had his way…Saddam Hussein would still be in power. He would control those all of those weapons and explosives and could share them with his terrorist friends. Now the senator is making wild charges about missing explosives, when his top foreign policy adviser admits, quote, 'We do not know the facts.' Think about that: The senator is denigrating the actions of our troops and commanders in the field without knowing the facts…..”

“Our military is now investigating a number of possible scenarios, including that the explosives may have been moved before our troops even arrived at the site. This investigation is important and it's ongoing. And a political candidate who jumps to conclusions without knowing the facts is not a person you want as your commander in chief.”

I just love this guy!

Hoooaaahhh!

HOV1
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BINGO. This is a great line of attack. It supports the war in Iraq, flips the Dems and MSM suprise on its head, will suck the air out of other suprises and keep the focus on terror. Repat. Repeat. Repeat.
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and Kerry responds...

Quote:
"He (Bush) echoed that it's not the Administration's fault, and he even criticized those who raised the subject. Now, my friends, my fellow Americans, this is a growing scandal, and the American people deserve a full and honest explanation of how it happened, and what the President is going to do about it."

this guy is a piece of work!
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Evil or Very Mad John Evil or Very Mad --- tell us how your promised this guy

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerryspot.asp

BIG NEWS IN THE NEW YORK SUN [10/27 11:49 AM]

Eli Lake gives the world an example of why the United States can't rely on the IAEA for its security:

Nine years ago, U.N. weapons inspectors urgently called on the International Atomic Energy Agency to demolish powerful plastic explosives in a facility that Iraq's interim government said this month was looted due to poor security.
The chief American weapons inspector, Charles Duelfer, told The New York Sun yesterday that in 1995, when he was a member of the U.N. inspections team in Iraq, he urged the United Nations' atomic watchdog to remove tons of explosives that have since been declared missing.

Mr. Duelfer said he was rebuffed at the time by the Vienna-based agency because its officials were not convinced the presence of the HMX, RDX, and PETN explosives was directly related to Saddam Hussein's programs to amass weapons of mass destruction.

Instead of accepting recommendations to destroy the stocks, Mr. Duelfer said, the atomic-energy agency opted to continue to monitor them.

By e-mail, Mr. Duelfer wrote the Sun, "The policy was if acquired for the WMD program and used for it, it should be subject for destruction. The HMX was just that. Nevertheless the IAEA decided to let Iraq keep the stuff, like they needed more explosives." ...

After a behind-the-scenes battle inside the State Department this summer, the Bush administration opted to reject Mr. ElBaradei's bid for a third term as director general of the atomic energy agency.

At the time, Washington was collecting intelligence - disputed by some agencies - that Mr. ElBaradei was providing advice to Iran on how to avoid sanction from his organization for its previously undisclosed uranium enrichment programs.

Mr. al-Baradei has publicly urged the Iranians to heed an earlier pledge to suspend enrichment, but he has also opposed America's policy of taking Iranian violations to the U.N. Security Council. Mr. al-Baradei has announced he will nonetheless seek a third term.

We know which side al-Baradei is on.

He would keep his job ---- give Iran Evil or Very Mad a pass on their nukes Evil or Very Mad -- yea that makes America safer Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

What the American people deserve to know the truth about is

what you actually promised al-Baradei
why you referenced this ammo dump during a debate
what you coordinated with NYT, CBS & al Baradei
why you refuse to sign the Form 180
why you refuse to release your medical records
why you met with the enemy/communist in Paris in 1971?
why you are a liar, liar, liar

KERRY MAKES ME SO MAD MY BLOOD PRESSURE (WHICH NEVER RISES) RAGES OUT OF CONTROL.....I'm not as dumb as you john fning Kerry Evil or Very Mad --- nor are the non-koolaid drinkers

Last edited by jataylor11 on Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN!! Bush hit the nail on the head. What Kerry has really been
critcizing is the military and the way they prosecuted the war. He
has made several statements that imply that the 101st did a poor
job of inspecting the site and did not properly guard it. He just
doesn't seem to realize that his attempt to blame Bush is also an
implied criticism of the troops. Not a good move for someone who
wants to be CinC!
Otis
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jataylor11 wrote:

"By e-mail, Mr. Duelfer wrote the Sun, "The policy was if acquired for the WMD program and used for it, it should be subject for destruction. The HMX was just that. Nevertheless the IAEA decided to let Iraq keep the stuff, like they needed more explosives." ... "

This is what Krauthammer said yesterday. So, the inspections weren't working even when they found the stuff? This has a lot of implications.
HOV1
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Full Quote Reply with quote

The "Kerry Spot" on NRO had this

BUSH HITS BACK [10/27 12:19 PM]

From the President's speech in Lancaster, PA:

“After repeatedly calling Iraq the ‘wrong war,’ and a ‘diversion,’ Senator Kerry this week seemed shocked to learn that Iraq was a dangerous place, full of dangerous weapons. The Senator used to know that, even though he seems to have forgotten it over the course of the campaign, but after all that’s why we’re there. Iraq was a dangerous place run by a dangerous tyrant who had a lot of weapons. We have seized or destroyed more than 400,000 tons of munitions, including explosives, and more than — thousands of different sites, and we’re continuing to round up more weapons everyday.

“I want to remind the American people, if Senator Kerry had his way, we would still be taking our 'global test.' Saddam Hussein would still be in power. He would control all those weapons and explosives and could have shared them with our terrorist enemies.

“Now the Senator is making wild charges about missing explosives when his top foreign policy adviser admits, quote, 'we do not know the facts.' Think about that. The Senator's denigrating the action of our troops and commanders in the field without knowing the facts. Unfortunately, that's part of a pattern of saying almost anything to get elected — like when Senator Kerry charged that our military failed to get Osama bin Laden at Tora Bora, even though our top military commander, General Tommy Franks, said the Senator's understanding of events does not square with reality, and our intelligence reports placed bin Laden in any of several different countries at the time. Our military is now investigating a number of possible scenarios including that the explosives may have been moved before our troops even arrived at the site. This investigation is important and it's ongoing — and a political candidate who jumps to conclusions without knowing the facts is not a person you want as your Commander in Chief.

"When it comes to your security, when it comes to the security of our families, my opponent takes a very different approach. He says that September the 11th did not change him much at all. And his policies make that clear. He says the War on Terror is primarily a law enforcement and intelligence-gathering operation. Well, September 11th changed me. I remember the day I was in the — at Ground Zero, September the 14th, 2001. It's a day I will never forget; there were workers in hard hats there yelling at me at the top of their lungs, 'whatever it takes.' I remember a man grabbed me by the arm, he looked me square in the eye, and he said, 'Do not let me down.' Ever since that day, I wake up every morning trying to figure out how to better protect America. I will never relent in defending America, whatever it takes."

HOV1
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all tied to the Oil for Food program. The UN was up to their eyeballs (I would have said cajones, but we know they don't have any) in corruption and bribes. Of course they're not going to do anything if some one happens to stumble on WMD's, They were being PAID to look the other way. For Al-Baradai to come out one week before our election with this 16 month old news should tell you something. The Eurofascists don't want GW re-elected. They want the Coward of Vietnam because they KNOW that they can control him.

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question of why the IAEA allowed Sadamm to have weapons that could be used to trigger a nuclear device is the sound bite the Republicans need to keep repeating and pounding home.

Bush needs to narrow this down to a soundbite.

Kerry wants to trust the IAEA when they allowed Sadamm to keep enormous stockpiles of plastic explosives.
Otis
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jim_nyc wrote:
The question of why the IAEA allowed Sadamm to have weapons that could be used to trigger a nuclear device is the sound bite the Republicans need to keep repeating and pounding home.

Bush needs to narrow this down to a soundbite.

Kerry wants to trust the IAEA when they allowed Sadamm to keep enormous stockpiles of plastic explosives.

Yes. I hope that happens. Just off the top of my head how about:

"The inspectors lied - good men died."

"Kerry wants us to believe the traitors of democracy. Par for the course."

"The inspectors found WMDs."

"Kerry doesn't seem to understand the nuance of weapons inspectors stumbling on WMDs and then pretending otherwise."

"How the hell does Kerry sleep at night?"

"How the hell do the inspectors sleep at night?"

"Anybody want to buy triggers for nuclear devices? Let's go over to the UN and wake 'em up."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: