SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FLA Marine Recruit threatens g-friend for voting Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: FLA Marine Recruit threatens g-friend for voting Kerry Reply with quote

What was she thinking?! Well at least he only threatened Wink

on drudge:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-1027politicalattack,0,5218066.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Lake Worth man accused of 'political attack' on girlfriend

sun-sentinel.com
Posted October 27 2004, 1:45 PM EDT

WEST PALM BEACH – An 18-year-old Marine recruit remained in jail on Wednesday, charged with threatening to stab his girlfriend over her choice for president, news partner NewsChannel 5 reported in its noon broadcast.

The enlistee, Steven Scott Soper, of Lake Worth, became enraged Tuesday night when his 18-year-old girlfriend said she was leaving him -- and voting for John Kerry for president.

Soper, who will enter the Marines as soon as he passes the GED test, solidly supports Bush. He allegedly told girlfriend Stacey Silheira, "You'll never live to see the election."

Palm Beach Sheriff's Office deputies called to the home in Lake Worth said they had to use a Taser – an electronic stun gun – to subdue Soper. They described Soper as enraged and said he was holding Silheira captive. He was armed with a screwdriver and threatening to stab her in the neck, they said. When Silheira eventually broke free a deputy fired the Taser, shocking him into submission.

Charged with aggravated assault, Soper remains in jail without bond until he undergoes a psychiatric exam, NewsChannel 5 reported.

Copyright © 2004, South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychiatric exam for him? She should be the one in a strait jacket.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have an address I can send his bond money to?
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soper, who will enter the Marines as soon as he passes the GED test, solidly supports Bush.

Is this media bias?
bullitt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kid needs some serious help.....

I wouldnt send him to jail though....The Core will straighten him out just fine....Of that you can be sure..

Cheers. Smile
RogerRabbit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1991932 wrote:
Soper, who will enter the Marines as soon as he passes the GED test, solidly supports Bush.

Is this media bias?

They just had to get that GED thing iin - just like everytime there is a murder they always quote "a former marine" even if he was discharged 40 years ago
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not applaude what he did. It would appear to me that the young man has some serious issues.
Having spent some time in Recruiting, he is all done as far as ever getting into the Service. I find the part about him being a "Recruit" dubious, he may have gone through some of the MEPPS Processing, but without a GED he would not have signed a Contract. Maybe the Marines do it differently than the Army does.
Largebill
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
I will not applaude what he did. It would appear to me that the young man has some serious issues.
Having spent some time in Recruiting, he is all done as far as ever getting into the Service. I find the part about him being a "Recruit" dubious, he may have gone through some of the MEPPS Processing, but without a GED he would not have signed a Contract. Maybe the Marines do it differently than the Army does.

Nope. Don't think so, he is what we refer to as a civilian.

On the subject of his arrest, this election cycle has had heightened anger for months. I would much prefer both parties could nominate someone where I could make my vote and not be extremely concerned about the outcome. However, once Kerry was nominated this became an election that judges us as a nation. If he is elected we send a powerful message to the world about American resolve. I'm not excusing this confused young mans actions. No one should get violent over someone elses voting choice. Also not sure I believe the story was told straight. She dumped him and then salted the wound by saying "I'm voting for that ******* you're always b****ing about." then he snapped. Did he snap because she dumped him or because she egged him on with the Kerry stuff. We'll never know. Media wants to make it about the vote to counteract all the angry Dem stories they are ignoring.
rparrott21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make her buy dinner....
Jim Peterson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Split or election? Reply with quote

They had a thing going and then she tells him shes splitting. Then as she heads for the door she throws out shes voting for sKerry.

Once again it proves that man is no match with a woman in the battle of emotions. The man will lose every time.

Good thing we win the logic side otherwise we'd be living in the garage most of the time. Of course this only depends on what logic is.

Training Aid for the staff Mar 74-Apr 95
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again we see the MSM hate of the military slip into their story in sublte ways ....

WAKE UP PEOPLE -- -THE MSM HATES THE MEDIA, excluding the non-liberal 10% of the MSM that is
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: