SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NBC: IAEA could't verify RDX at compound BEFORE war

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: NBC: IAEA could't verify RDX at compound BEFORE war Reply with quote

Forgive if this has been posted already...
I was very curious to read this today:
“Then on Tuesday Miklaszewski provided more details. He reported that the 101st airborne troops "were not actively involved in the search for any weapons" and that, given the size of the Al Qaqaa facility, it's unclear if the 101st was "near the bunkers that reportedly contained the HMX and RDX." But he went on to say that "in March, shortly before the war began, the [International Atomic Energy Agency] conducted another inspection and … inspectors were unable to inspect the RDX stockpile and could not verify that the RDX was still at the compound." It seems some of the missing materials were moved even before Americans set foot in Iraq - right under the UN's nose! Pentagon officials have speculated that Saddam could have ordered the materials moved before the invasion by coalition forces.”

Hugh Hewitt's take:
"as the Manhattan elites try and fail miserably to help Kerry recover a momentum he never had to gain a job he could never do."

"I think it is backlash time. And not just against the New York Times, CBS, and MSM generally, but against Soros, Michael Moore, and the MoveOn crowd; against screaming demonstrators and troop bashing tenureds; against the French."

"If Kerry had a shred of decency, he would apologize to the troops that passed through and searched the munitions comnplex. He doesn't, so he won't. But the American electorate will know. He could lose 45 states. Try spinning a savage and unmerited assault on the competence of the much beloved American military. Someone forgot to tell John Kerry that it isn't 1971, and the Genghis Khan stuff doesn't fly anymore."
bergstrom79
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seattle,

I saw this link on the right side of the page you provided. I'd heard of the story, never saw the page tho....Very nice.

http://www.ashleysstory.com/#
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dare I say that there may be hope fpr NBC?
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

International Atomic Energy Agency wouldn't verify the time of day if they thought it would help America. They're just another UN group with an anti-American fixation.
The US should suspend all monetary support for the UN and its henchmen and boot them off the prime Manhattan real estate that they've been squatting on for the past half century or more.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the NYTimes left the March 13, 2001 trip by the IAEA out of it's timeline, but it was in the Boston Globe's.

Odd.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: