SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't let ANYTHING stop you from voting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Don't let ANYTHING stop you from voting Reply with quote

Most people probably don't know this, but the election in 2000 would not have been so close or hotly disputed if the news networks didn't call the state of Florida for Gore when they did. A small part of Florida is in a different time zone than the rest, and so when the networks called Florida for Gore the polls where still open in that part of the state. Thousands of Bush voters in that part of Florida heard about it and didn't bother to vote, though they would have otherwise. Their votes would have made it a big enough victory for Bush that the controversy would not have happened like it did.
SO, no matter what happens, MAKE SURE TO VOTE EVEN IF YOU HEAR BEFORE HAND THAT IT'S OVER AND THAT KERRY HAS WON. We can't let something like this happen again. DON'T LISTEN TO ANYBODY. MAKE SURE TO GET YOUR VOTE IN. This trick worked so well last time that they might try it again. I was driving to the polling place last time when they said it was over, but it really wasn't. Bush also might have won the popular vote if everyone in the West had still voted who was going to, but didn't after it had been announced that it was over. Don't take into account whether or not you're in a swing state. With all the voter fraud and the Kerry people registering multitudes of dead & non-existent people EVERY state is a swing state.
THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA HAS BEEN PROVEN TO BE A BRANCH OF THE KERRY CAMPAIGN. EXPECT THEM TO BE PLAYING TRICKS AGAIN ON ELECTION DAY..............
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a DAMN thing will stop me from the polls a week from today. I don't care if the union Thugs or a hundred LLL try to keep me out, I WILL be voting early in the AM after I get off work. Just let them Bastages try they wont succeed. Twisted Evil
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!!!! Oh, it's so good to see this kind of enthusiasm!

I've already voted, as have the other three anti-Kerry-ites in the house.

No matter what's happening in the polls, one way or the other, don't be tricked into not voting!

Keep 'er rolling! Right through the closing of the polls in Hawaii, keep 'er rolling! Fight for every last vote!

Thank you for your energy and optimism!
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor has it lines will be long and Moveon.org barking moonbats will be standing in lines at heavily Republican precincts just to keep the lines long, as they get near the front they step out and go to the back of the line again....(I know -- stupid waste of 12 hours)
If you cannot stand for more than one hour ....

I SUGGEST YOU TAKE A (light) FOLDING CHAIR, A BOOK, AND ONE OF TWO BUDDIES, FRIENDS, NEIGHBORS. Plan on being in line for a while --- keep a look out for this time on nonsense.

VOTE EARLY IN THE DAY.

THINK ABOUT THE SOLDIERS IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN --- THEY SUFFER MUCH MORE THAN AN HOUR OR TWO STANDING IN LINE....

KEEP THE FAITH. KEEP WORKING.
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be voting, and will do it early. I like the medals idea, so will be wearing mine. Nobody better try and keep me from voting! Nobody! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if. As if anything could stop me from voting.

I do not have any medals, but I will vote wearing a t shirt that has a large picture of my two kids that are now serving in Iraq, taken of them last summer. They are both in their uniforms, my son Army, my daughter Navy, with their arms slung around each other's shoulders and big, happy wecantakeontheworld smiles on their faces. A friend of mine took the picture and transferred onto t shirts for our family. Underneath it says "The faces of hope for the oppressed" And on the right front there is a yellow ribbon.

Pretty cool. You can't wear anything *political* to a polling site, but this isn't political. Cool

I hope the line is long, then people behind me can spend an hour looking at my t shirt. Especially if there are move.on barking moonbats in line-- the slacking sleaze.
gleanerl
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i already voted!! Very Happy
i went to the courthouse yesterday to get an absentee ballot, they gave me the option of them mailing it to me or i could vote right then.
so i voted.....
now i can just sit back and watch g.w. win!! Laughing
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
Rumor has it lines will be long and Moveon.org barking moonbats will be standing in lines at heavily Republican precincts just to keep the lines long, as they get near the front they step out and go to the back of the line again....(I know -- stupid waste of 12 hours)
If you cannot stand for more than one hour .....

I will be voting by mail, but if I saw that happening at a polling place the creeps would catch hell from me, union goons or not.

Zell Miller
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mailed my vote already, if you are going to mail it, be sure to do it within the next few days and dont forget if you DONT mail it in time you can take it to the polls with you and still vote.
southerndelite
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care if the line is a mile long and the Moveon.org barking moonbats are stacked 20 deep across the sidewalk trying to block my way! I'm a Marine Corps brat and if I have to b!tch slap them, I will! Laughing I live in Ohio and I will get in to cast my vote for Bush! Twisted Evil
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoken like someone who grew up on Marine Corp bases. Very Happy me too SD. I think they put something in their water supply.

Tell the truth, SD: what you really hope is that the barking moonbats will be lined up 20 deep so it gives you an excuse to b*tch slap them.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OORAH! and HOOAH!! and BZ's!!!

Can anyone give some time next Tuesday to watch polling places - with a camera in their hands? Twisted Evil

I've got a nifty little digital that does movies. Smile
southerndelite
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tell the truth, SD: what you really hope is that the barking moonbats will be lined up 20 deep so it gives you an excuse to b*tch slap them.

LMAO You know me too well, Kimmymac. Laughing I'd give up wine drinking for a
whole week for a chance like that! Wink
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
If you cannot stand for more than one hour ....

I SUGGEST YOU TAKE A (light) FOLDING CHAIR, A BOOK, AND ONE OF TWO BUDDIES, FRIENDS, NEIGHBORS. Plan on being in line for a while --- keep a look out for this time on nonsense.

VOTE EARLY IN THE DAY.

THINK ABOUT THE SOLDIERS IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN --- THEY SUFFER MUCH MORE THAN AN HOUR OR TWO STANDING IN LINE....

KEEP THE FAITH. KEEP WORKING.

And any of you guys with war medals be sure to wear them you know that the moon bats have been indoctrinated to be scarred as he!! of you. We will reprogram the moon bats and the rest of the Hollywood indoctrinated idiots after the election, but for now use the Hollywood created mystic to your advantage just stair them down with your medals flashing in their eyes.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
clpeters23
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in predominently Republican DuPage County Illinois and would love to see some leftie goons try to disrupt voting. I'll be voting as soon as the polls open and almost wish someone would try to stop me....Bang Zoom!!!

Cathy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: