SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any ads to smack Kerry for smearing troops all over again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
85 Scott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Any ads to smack Kerry for smearing troops all over again? Reply with quote

This is the perfect theme to attack Benedict Arnold Kerry on.

If the Swiftboat ads play the start from their best ad SELL OUT - and combine it with some of Kerry's recent trashings of Bush and the military, people have to see the continued anti-military connection.

The Vietnam Kerry that rushed off to falsely accuse every US soldier of "cutting off heads, ears, etc" for political gain, is the same Kerry that accuses them now of "supposed incompetence."

Maybe mix in a few interviews of pro-Bush 2004 soldiers in Iraq, cite the polls that show a 4 to 1 pro-Bush margin, and Benedict Arnold Kerry has to be seen as a career-lying opportunistic that is anti-military and never to be trusted.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem is that Benedict Arnold was a hero BEFORE he was a traitor.

So there is no real comparison, unfortunately.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are absolutely right. Dick Morris had it right last night when he said this " missing explosives story " will doom Kerry`s fate. To blame U.S. troops, after all the hell they had to endure to get from Kuwait to Baghdad for not securing explosives that were not there is a major blunder by Kerry. The Bush team should make an immediate ad, Rush, Sean, Fox News, Wash. Times should pound this theme from now until Tuesday. I hope your post will stay front and center at this forum.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
The only problem is that Benedict Arnold was a hero BEFORE he was a traitor.

So there is no real comparison, unfortunately.

I Thought it was the other way around... he was a traitor before he was a hero.. then a traitor again.. (of course, he's ALWAYS been a traitor..)
I wonder what he was like in elementary/jr high/high shcool...
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing matters except he makes President
Largebill
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Smearing troops Reply with quote

Actually Kerry will try to turn this into a positive. He can point to this as progress. Years ago he slandered our military as war criminals. Now he just thinks they're incompetent. I'd love to see Tommy Franks bit*h-slap Kerry over this BS.
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be working. Kerry gets boost in polls in Ohio. Trashing our military during war time is Kerry's favorite attention-getter.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toledo OHio....showing ad of mother of soldier who died in Iraq. She's crying and crying, talking about how wonderful her son is...ok....but then she continues to cry and blame Bush for rushing to war.

Its a 527. Exploitation (willing, I assume) of death of soldier for political gain. Wonder how her son would feel about this?

Kimberly
Jerry M
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Best response would be from Gen Franks Reply with quote

The smartest thing the Bush campaign could do is to put up an ad featuring Gen. Tommy Franks who says something along the line that he was willing to forgive John Kerry for betraying his fellow servicemen by calling them war criminals and aiding and abetting the enemy by meeting with and collaborating with them after he came home from Vietnam but I am not willing to forgive him for repeating his slander against our brave troops fighting to liberate Iraq today. He could then go on to point out the lies Kerry has been putting out about leaving Afghanistan prematurely and assertion that the explosives were not secured after our troops invaded Iraq even though he has no proof that was the case. I believe an ad with someone as credible as Franks would demolish Kerry' credibility completely on this and other issues.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or a split screen with him saying it in 71 and saying it now
Jerry M
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Just called bush campaign Reply with quote

I just called the Bush campaign and suggested they get Gen. Franks in an ad to take Kerry apart. The person I spoke to said she thought it was a great idea and will pass it on.
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! Way to go!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: