SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm sorry, I can't keep up!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: I'm sorry, I can't keep up! Reply with quote

Sorry... I want to be more active in helping to TOP the end of America.... but with my work and all of my 3 part time jobs to add on..... I don't have the time toi keep up with all of the information that is flowing through here... or any other trustworthy blog... it is so frustrating...

My Brit friend made a comment on how my apartment went to a sty in the last 3 months... all I could tell him is that whenever I have free time (not at work), I am online, trying to catch up on what is going on.... also told him that my apt. would be clean enough to bring a date (female, of course) over after the elections were finished...
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My floors are so bad that I've taken to keeping the shades down. Thought that I might bring the leaf blower in and blast it all out the door. That would be fast and I could get back to the work of stopping the traitor.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
My floors are so bad that I've taken to keeping the shades down. Thought that I might bring the leaf blower in and blast it all out the door. That would be fast and I could get back to the work of stopping the traitor.

LOL! Very Happy
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think after the election is over and Dubya is reelected we will all need to sleep for a month. Then we will all need to grab a chisel and start cleaning our homes.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmackto wrote:
I think after the election is over and Dubya is reelected we will all need to sleep for a month. Then we will all need to grab a chisel and start cleaning our homes.

I like the sleep for a month thing... I need it... Smile
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of us are letting other things go, because this is so important. Other than UFC and Stolen Valor, I haven't read any books lately. I don't watch much TV any more. Forget the hobbies! I have managed to keep the lawn mowed, because I do need some physical activity. Only two more weeks until the election. Then, regardless of the outcome, though I certainly hope and believe JK won't make it, we can relax, catch up on sleep, and get the chores done. We're almost there! I've never gotten involved in politics before; now have two yard signs; two bumper stickers on my car; have made four large (for me) donations to the Swiftees; I'm mostly on the computer. Only two more weeks to go! Whew! Very Happy
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't even cleaned my bird's cages in a month or more. My web sites all need maintenance. I haven't called my mother but once in the last month. I haven't done anything in art or crafts design since about February.

To have a victory party, I will have to rent a hotel meeting room, because I sure as heqq don't want anyone to see my house! Chisel? HA! Rake and shovel is more like it. Very Happy

But, it's about to all be worth it.

November 2, 2004 - Vietnam Veteran's Vindication Day!
gleanerl
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, on the bright side, one doesn't quite need a tetnus shot nor a hard hat in my house........ yet. Embarassed
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy,N,N
I'm going to cut out pictures from my newspaper for your bird cage project, please post us a picture after they have been used. Wink

Mr. Japan
It saves alot of time if you just move to another apt. Cool

(got wood?)
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with ya guys, my house is dirty, but the kid is clean. Hubby is outside working and when I hear him coming I grab a broom. Actually went for groceries today and had my Bush/Cheney button on and a Hispanic lady came up to me and said she was voting for the first time. She told me her son is in Iraq and she wants Bush and wanted me to help her know where to go to the polls at. She told me that other man running is scary and can't trust him with my son. So I guess if you actually get to go somewhere good things happen. I have converted a couple people while tearing myself away. LANDSLIDE!
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today we had the carpets cleaned, became white tornados with every cleaning instrument known to mankind, and even did the windows.
In the interest of full disclosure the previous sentence does not apply to our entire home. We worked on a vacant 2x2 apartment on the second floor. And all that labor was because Bunny (wife) is hosting a group of women to “discuss politics” She is practicing her “talking points” like a pro. I attempted to help her by making a few points of my own but she said I shouldn't talk to women with that kind of language.

I don’t know if my role is Sergeant-at-Arms, look for a place to hide, or flee for my life. Bunny is a misnomer for such a bold woman.

Sam
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam - For your own well-being, head for your nearest watering hole until the confab is over. Good luck!
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheee-ewe....I have worn a 'mouse pad' callus on my right outer wrist from this election...

Headline Nov 3 2004:

Quote:
"Kerry Oval Office Hopes killed by 10,000 mice..."
Candidate had declared mice "only a nuisance".
States they "moved too Swiftly"....

Another headline:

November 3 2004

Quote:
"Kerry reported MIA. Believed held POW by 10,000 Mice"
Moving Swiftly, Mice Capture Presidential Hopeful
Negotiations with Mice for information stalled...
rumored to be resumed in 2036

Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The goldfish in my pond died yesterday (major kill). It was too cold outside. Funny, it's warm enough at my computer? When did fall arrive anyway?
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be in good (if not clean) company. And I have an office to get open. I have also asked in prayer that they didn't finish this week so I could finish this. I will have to shift gears and get into professional life again. But at least now until the election I will be moving things and organizing rather than networking and seeing patients. see it all works out.
the house? Between total neglect and the delivery of rugs, furniture, computers, equipment, I am in a warehouse!
The most important thing is this election. Pray for President Bush tonight. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: