SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you convince the anti-Bush crowd?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hydrology_joe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: How do you convince the anti-Bush crowd? Reply with quote

I was hoping some of ya'll could give me some help. I work with predominately anti-Bush people. They're not specifically for sKerry, they're just anti-Bush. I have tried explaining to them sKerry's record and his lack of a concrete "plan", but they just don't care. Do any of you have experience in dealing with these folks? Any hints? Thanks!
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The military are the men and women who sacrifice their lives defending freedom for the rest of us civilians. All of these people give more than the rest of us ....some of these people give all. Because of this sacrifice these people deserve our respect --- the way I show this respect is by respecting their choice for CIC --- these brave individuals who do more, give more than I ever would overwhelmingly prefer President Bush .... voting for President Bush is the way that I show I support these troops.

(You can't support the troops and vote against their wishes ---- saying you support the troops but are against the war is the same thing as telling your spouse you love them but hate everything about them)
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its like pulling teeth, drives me nuts!
They have been so brainwashed thier sheep, but are you sure some act that way because of fear? When character doesnt affect them try using kerrys phony tax plans, sometimes the morons take notice when they think thier going to loose money! Rolling Eyes
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly?

Don't bother. You're wasting your breath with the barking moonbat types.

They don't listen to reason. They don't listen to facts.

They run strictly on slogans, emotions and logical disconnects. You can show them FahrenHYPE911, Stolen Honor, all the mini-documentaries on this site, all the documentation in R&R and Winter Soldier and they'll ignore EVERYTHING and cling to their empty-suited poseur.

Anybody But Bush. Bah!

Let them drown in their own KookAde.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Honestly?

Don't bother. You're wasting your breath with the barking moonbat types.

They don't listen to reason. They don't listen to facts.

They run strictly on slogans, emotions and logical disconnects. You can show them FahrenHYPE911, Stolen Honor, all the mini-documentaries on this site, all the documentation in R&R and Winter Soldier and they'll ignore EVERYTHING and cling to their empty-suited poseur.

Anybody But Bush. Bah!

Let them drown in their own KookAde.

I am in total agreement with you on this one. I did all the above with my undecided friend and her Army husband. And they still cling to their belief that Bush and Rumsfeld are the real axis of evil, that it doesn't matter the Iraqis suffered under Saddam, that our troops really were diverted from Afghanistan with the money for Afghanistan going to Iraq, and that although as they put it:
"Kerry has his problems"................." anyone is better than Bush". I am still baffled how her hubby who is in the Army out here at Fort Myer could even think like this and HATE Bush and Rumsfeld. It is beyond my comprehension!!!!! ????

I wanted to scream, but I figured after how hard I tried to show them and give them the facts.....it wasn't worth me losing my voice over.

Like you said Navy_Navy_Navy,"let them drown in their own KookAde".
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you cant win them over, try to supress their vote by convincing them Kerry is a tool and an idiot. Just try and keep them on the sidelines for as long as you can.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not make a point of trying to talk the truth to these people any more -- it is useless. I am convinced they are holdovers from a lesser evolutionary period. Their brains are wired not to think but to absorb the endless leftist propaganda and mental manipulation of the MSM. However, if any of them talks their position to me, then for sure they are going to listen while I 'educate' them. Not that it sticks... Confused
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have them watch Stolenhonor

you can get it for free now: Download or watch

http://www.stolenhonor.com/documentary/watch-video.asp

If they don't have time to watch the whole thing, have them watch a few clips. I showed some at work, shhh, and it helped change a few Kerry leaners.

Two new commercials should be watched by all.

http://www.georgewbush.com/

"Wolves" and "Whatever it Takes"
Otis
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people still want to vote for Kerry at this late date, after everything that is now known about him, nothing will convince them.

A year ago I didn't know anything about him. Back in '71 I was 15 and I only vaguely remembered him a year ago. But last summer when the SwiftVets became well known I became interested and the more I paid attention the more I remembered Kerry from the early 70's.

I think what this election shows is that some people, many people, don't base their decisions on facts but on emotions. Democracy without the tempering influence of constitutional republicanism is very dangerous indeed. I don't like the idea of the loons on the left having any decision that affects my life.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otis wrote:
If people still want to vote for Kerry at this late date, after everything that is now known about him, nothing will convince them.

There are many people that don't pay attention until the last moment. They just don't pay attention to politics and never watch the news. It is important to take any oportunty to help convince an open mind.

Also if all they ever watch is CNN or CBS News are they really hearing what they need to hear?
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Ann Coulter would say, with a baseball bat!

Stolen Honor
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When all else fails, tell them your fed up like most "good" Americans, and thats why your voting for Ralph!!!! Wink
rsbonds
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: I have an answer....they are questions Reply with quote

Just ask the anti-Bush crowd, what did Kerry say to the North Vietnamese in Paris in 1972? What will the effect on the US military be if Kerry is elected and becomes commander & chief? Will there be a military at the end of his 4 year term? If there are no enlistments, will Kerry try the draft?
redrider86401
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: you decide ? Reply with quote

mr. kerry has many backers the first Moderator Edit he U.N- and many more, do you feel his motives are rightious? how about biblical? is he there just to oust bush? is he running on hatred?
i am a man of god and i pray that john kerry ask god for forgiveness and then turn and say sorry to all the vets who gave plenty to save others, Moderator Edit to the millions of babies aborted, i have forgiven kerry but i hate his sins and pray he changes before it is too late! jesus is coming - and judgment is coming nov.2 to this country if we fail to speak for god's sake

p.s. please think about this election the way god thinks about it.

with love
a brother.
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an example of just how brainwashed they are: Today on Rush Limbaugh, a Democrat caller said that because Kerry walked into a gunshop to "Get me a huntin license" She's going to "Go against her identity and vote for Bush. She is so blind that she didn't realize that she just established an identity of her own, apart from the Cult. It's a start. Maybe when she actually goes and pulls that lever, Tuesday, she'll get such a rush of FREEDOM, she'll continue the individualistic decision making. Rush was dumbfounded that the huntin story was the reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: