SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I like John Gibson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: I like John Gibson Reply with quote

Missing Explosives — Part D'uh
Thursday, October 28, 2004
By John Gibson

August 30, 2004
Tuesday on my show, Ambassador Richard Holbrooke (search) said he didn't know if the missing explosives that have exploded at the end of this campaign were really overlooked by George W. Bush and allowed by the president to get into the hands of terrorists.

Mr. Holbrooke is not on the Kerry campaign's advertising committee, because the latest Kerry ad says the facts are known precisely and it's the fault of the president of the United States that everything that could go boom in the night was not locked up tight by American forces in Iraq.

John Kerry was still at it Wednesday and when Bush responded that Kerry didn't know what he was talking about, Kerry gunsel Joe Lockhart said the president's response was beneath contempt.

So let me add all this up: Bush is brain-dead according to Joe Biden — who is the other candidate for secretary of State under a President Kerry.

Then shortly after that Kerry people started saying the president is incompetent.

Now they are saying he kills his own soldiers by leaving the explosives laying around that our enemies would use.

And, when he tries to defend himself, the Kerry guys says Bush is beneath contempt. What is beneath contempt: "Dante's Inferno"? What is down there underneath contempt?

I think what is going on is the last gasp, the last measure, the last draught of Bush hating is being poured into a glass and thrown into the voters' faces.

This is the challenger's campaign right now: You don't hate Bush? What's wrong with you? Are you a warmonger, or stupid, or brain-dead? Are you an incompetent voter?

This is desperate. Now it may be a good tactic. It may work, but it is desperate to get down to the last minute and scream: He's lying to you, he's killing his own troops, and he wants to do more of it if you are dopey enough to re-elect him.

Remember, the world is glad Saddam is gone. Isn't it time to ask which candidate would do that and which would not?

That's My Word.

Watch John Gibson weekdays at 5 p.m. ET on "The Big Story" and send your comments to: myword@foxnews.com
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy Gibson, also. Lockhart just finished telling John that Skerry 'put his life on the line (in VN).' I quickly reached for my barf bag.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bystander ---- and just hearing about it makes me want to reach for the bag as well.....

INSERT VERY LOUD SCREAM HERE Mad Mad

Dear God (and all you Vets ---forgive me --- there is one name I wish was on that wall right now.....

I am not sure I will survive 5 more days of hearing ...WHEN I WAS A YOUNG MAN....

Oh yes -- like Gibsons remarks too
four-niner delta
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you hear Joe Lockhart slander Tommy Franks, saying he would believe Gen. McPeak over Gen. Franks regarding Tora-Bora? Gibson asked if he was saying Franks lied and Lockhart repeated that he would believe McPeak first. Man- talk about going after the troops! He went straight to the top on this one. Time for Gen. Franks to lower the hammer!
Mobile Riverine Force
A Co. 3/60 9th INF DIV
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is time for General Franks to take some idiots out behind the woodshed.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like John Gibson too. He's a straight shooter and takes the heat. He doesn't let the lefties spin.

He also reminds me of Dennis the Menace all grown up. Wink

Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'He also reminds me of Dennis the Menace all grown up.' Oh how true! Never thought of him that way. But since you mentioned it--it's perfect. I watched him report on the OJ trial and felt he was the only one who made any sense. Was so glad to see him come to FOX.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: