SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How are others able to show Stolen Honor without threats?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: How are others able to show Stolen Honor without threats? Reply with quote

this has probably been adressed somewhere, but I can't recall seeing it. Why is it that numerous stations are showing Stolen Honor, without threats from the DNC (or maybe in spite of them) and sinclair bottomed out? I notice no big news about these other people. No spots on TV about them.
Did i miss something?
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I think the Honest thinking media is apaulded by the threats and treatment of Sinclair. Wonder how far the 8 million legal chest of Kerry will last if many more show the real Documentary. Might I suggest not far at all. I am sure also that none of the Kerry legal eagles will do anything pro bono for Kerry if he loses the election. They will have to get as much out of him as they can just because they will need the money when ambulance chasing in this country becomes a Federal Crime.
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a reply to your question on another thread...

essentially what I wrote was about a showing of Stolen Honor on an OKC station tonight....

The time was purchased by Assembly Education Fund along with 15-20 people who were mentioned at the end of the program. The general manager of the station reported that he received 5 emails and 20 phone calls objecting to the showing - he actually talked to the people calling in. All but 1 had already seen the video.

He mentioned that the station offered time to the opposition - no comment if they took him up on it. After the video (it was great!), there were 2 vets and a representative from a conservative PAC who talked about the video.. the vets were great and mentioned that they never saw any misdeeds, one vet who had a purple heart has been asking other vets with PH if they ever saw any misdeeds and only 1 out of 141 asked so far recalled seeing or hearing about a "misdeed". The other vet brought up the fact if Kerry saw or committed any misdeeds then he should have reported them. He also mentioned Kerry's meetings in Paris.

It was a great way to give a local flavor to the video.... and I emailed the station afterward expressing my thanks for the showing of the video.

Last edited by OKLady on Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the following email from Newsmax a couple of days ago. Apparently Newsmax simply did not announce it to the world just started airing the documentary before anyone could raise a fuss. Way to go Newsmax!

Quote:
Breaking News from NewsMax.com

NewsMax to Air 'Stolen Honor'

Dear NewsMax Readers:

Despite obnoxious attempts by the Kerry campaign to stop the airing of Carlton Sherwood's documentary, "Stolen Honor: Wounds that Never Heal," we are pleased to announce that it will begin airing this weekend on many stations across the country.

NewsMax will be airing the program as part of its news programming, offering the American people the accounts of American heroes - our former POWs - and how John Kerry's activities hurt them, their families, and the country.

The efforts to censor this documentary may rank as one of the most shocking episodes of this historic presidential campaign.

Because of the Gestapo tactics that have been employed to shut down broadcasters, stations and theaters that have sought to air "Stolen Honor," NewsMax will not be releasing the air times of the program.

We can assure our readers that this program will air many times and be broadcast into millions of homes.

NewsMax is committed to the public's right to know on matters of public policy.

We again thank the many NewsMax readers who have helped sponsor our programming. If you have not yet joined us, you can by Going Here and getting a copy of "Stolen Honor."

Thank you.

Editors
NewsMax.com

Zell Miller
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know Wednesday. The media is in charge of us all, it seems, and they went after Sinclair. This time they were too interested in missing weapons in Iraq, plus after the Sinclair mess they probably didn't bother. I am sure if the Kerry Kampf knew about it the lawyers were a callin' I don't get Sinclair so I don't know what kind of product they have, but remember that the public access channels make their living off of contributors and paid programming.

Last edited by Rdtf on Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One reason, I feel, is that it isn't being shown on prominent stations nor was a big public announcement made first. Just my guess.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinclair turned chicken..you can sue the truth...
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time it is PAID PROGRAMMING. Newsmax BOUGHT the
air time to show it. Just like buying air time to show ads.
THANK YOU NEWSMAX!!!

The problem Sinclair had was that he was offering his stations
to show Stolen Honor as a public service. Good intentions but opened
himself to charges that it was like a campaign contribution and
Lawsuits to the FCC.

What Newsmax did by paying for the airtime is no different than
the candidates paying for time to show campaign Ads.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We can assure our readers that this program will air many times and be broadcast into millions of homes.

this is the tool we need! Thanks Newsmax! [/quote]
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stolen Honor was on an Orlando, FL tv station at 1 pm today. Also on an Orlando FM radio station at 7:30 PM tonight. The radio was a paid ad. Didn't see the end of the tv show, but suspect it was also a paid ad.

W gave a speech in Orlando at 8:00 pm today.

Stolen Honor -- powerful stuff.

R Evans

USAF, VN 69-70
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: