SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REALITY CHECK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: REALITY CHECK Reply with quote

The most important lesson I ever learned is so simple. It is applicable any time I face difficult times, when I feel let down or when I question why or why not God lets things happen.

I simply adjust my desire to meet my reality.

Think about that for a minute. Not a member of this board would not love for our friend Chief to march to the steps of our Capital and announce to the world what we all know. That's our desire.

Our reality is, that through the hard work of Chief, John O'Neil and the hundreds of honorable men who have stood to be counted; who have overcome personal, financial, political obstacles; who have quietly and calmly stated the truth in spite of ridicule and senseless anger, thousands of people in this country know what John Kerry is made of. And it's not much.

Our reality is that come election day, men and women across this country will vote for a President with whom we might not always agree on every issue, but who we know has the character that John Kerry cannot fathom.

Our reality is that due to the work of the SwiftVets and others, John Kerry is exposed as a fraud, a liar, an empty hull and a traitor.

Is our reality our desire? Not necessarily.

Is our reality enough? Damn straight.

God Bless Us All

SWC
rosierita
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me add this thought...

my dad was a nat. guardsman during vietnam, he was in the states, handling the riots at the time. my dad has always believed that kerry was a traitor & worse! i told him on tuesday that i thought things were going to blow wide open on this & he basically said "well this is stuff i already knew & alot of people already know it". i replied, "yes, you are right, but we're getting ready to be vindicated w/ PROOF". pt is ~ we may not be vindicated this wkend & maybe not next wk, but the truth WILL come out, it always does. it is my hope that regardless of the outcome of the election (i do believe pres. bush will be reelected), i HOPE & PRAY that the sbvt do NOT let this drop until justice is served for our vietnam vets. those guys suffered far too long & it's gone unnoticed for way too many yrs. this setback is minor & the opposition expects this to be all about this presidential campaign, we need to show them that they are wrong, wrong for voting for kerry & wrong for believing that this will be over come tuesday. what better or more nobler a cause than to set the record straight for our valuable vietnam vets?? i hope we have only begun this journey!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: