SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Govenor Rendell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BelleC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Govenor Rendell Reply with quote

Hello to all,

Included is a message I intend to send to Governor Rendell's office. I think his efforts to help people incarcerated while resisting help to our military is very wrong. Hopefully, more of us will let this man know the disdain that families of our military have for him.

Dear ...Thank you for extending the time so that the fine military from your fair state may be allowed to register/vote.

However, your behavior regarding campaigning to people who are incarcerated is surely unacceptable. I have worked for many years with the criminal justice system, advocating for the rehabilitation of criminals. I believe they should be allowed to vote when appropriate and I believe that rehabilitated felons deserve to have their voting privilege reinstated.

That said, I have never, never, never, never, thought of placing my political beliefs on the back of a criminal. An analogy would be you having sex with each of the prisoners who got your message regarding voting. Both behaviors exploits prisoners and insults and exploits our US Military.

For you to try to influence votes in this way does not speak well of your intentions and certainly alienates you from all kinds of people loyal to our US Armed Services. You can be certain that I will make it my business to help any person who becomes your opposition as you are not deserving of being a civil servant. Sincerely, blah blah. Also will copy his cabinet.

Rendell's site:http://www.governor.state.pa.us/governor/cwp/view.asp?a=1112&q=438154&governorNav=|
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Govenor Rendell Reply with quote

BelleC wrote:
Hello to all,

Included is a message I intend to send to Governor Rendell's office. I think his efforts to help people incarcerated while resisting help to our military is very wrong. Hopefully, more of us will let this man know the disdain that families of our military have for him.

Dear ...Thank you for extending the time so that the fine military from your fair state may be allowed to register/vote.

However, your behavior regarding campaigning to people who are incarcerated is surely unacceptable. I have worked for many years with the criminal justice system, advocating for the rehabilitation of criminals. I believe they should be allowed to vote when appropriate and I believe that rehabilitated felons deserve to have their voting privilege reinstated.

That said, I have never, never, never, never, thought of placing my political beliefs on the back of a criminal. An analogy would be you having sex with each of the prisoners who got your message regarding voting. Both behaviors exploits prisoners and insults and exploits our US Military.

For you to try to influence votes in this way does not speak well of your intentions and certainly alienates you from all kinds of people loyal to our US Armed Services. You can be certain that I will make it my business to help any person who becomes your opposition as you are not deserving of being a civil servant. Sincerely, blah blah. Also will copy his cabinet.

Rendell's site:http://www.governor.state.pa.us/governor/cwp/view.asp?a=1112&q=438154&governorNav=|

Scott Ott (Scrappleface) scores again!! (Satire in case you can't tell)

Pa. Governor Puts Slot Machines in Voting Booths
by Scott Ott
(2004-10-2Cool -- In the wake of a new poll showing that President George Bush leads his opponent by two points in the battleground state of Pennsylvania, Gov. Ed Rendell today ordered slot machines placed in every voting booth in time for Tuesday's election.

Mr. Rendell, the former general chairman of the Democrat National Committee, said the move is designed to increase voter turnout and reduce disenfranchisement among "enlightened, progressive, intelligent and profoundly moral Pennsylvanians."

Charter bus companies today scrambled to meet the demand from senior citizen groups for transportation to the new "Punch and Pull Polling Places"

Earlier this year, the governor won approval to place thousands of slots throughout the Commonwealth in order to increase funding for essential government services, like remedial math education and gambling addiction treatment programs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: