SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got to go see Bush in Ohio tonight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Got to go see Bush in Ohio tonight Reply with quote

Wow, alot of things happen while you're standing in line to see the Prez. Come home and see all the news today and all I can say is wow. The rally was great. The crowd was pumped and Arnold had to wait for at least 15 min from applause before he could even speak. Arnold, President Bush and Laura came out on stage together. Arnold was trying to speak and then introduce W and he had to just stand there as the crowd was roaring. Every time he thought he had the crowd silenced, it would start up again.

Before they took the stage, the Franklin County Head of the Republican office was getting the crowd warmed up and asking questions like "how many veterans are here?" applause. "How many seniors are here?" applause.. "How many people under 30 and over 18 are here"? The crowd went nuts. Seems the Senator doesn't have the wraps on the younger folks as he thought. Lots and lots of OSU students there. Lots and lots of younger folks there. It was impressive. Lots of minorities. Also heard that when Kerry was here yesterday with the Boss, at the OSU oval, that after the Boss was done playing, half the crowd left. Oh, and all I saw was one protestor. He walked by silently holding a sign saying "Bush is wrong" and then he got blasted with "4 more years" and he just kept walking.

The head Republican did say that if we all talk to at least 3 voters in Ohio and get them to vote for him, Bush will take Ohio, Fraud and all.

Took pictures with a disposable so I will have to wait to post pics. It was awesome!!!!!
give110
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there also with 3 of my kids...what a crowd! How close did you get concernedgranny? We were in the second row from the top directly in front of the podium. Last time we started out near the top but right before it started some event workers came around the top tier and asked who wanted to go down on the floor and of course we did....we ended up close to the barrier where President Bush entered the arena and my oldest daughter got to shake his hand. This time the place was so packed we were lucky to find seats together and no chance of being taken down to the floor. It was still an awesome experience. I believe President Bush and Laura Bush were very surprised at the crowd and the level of excitement in the place. He said that welcome really lifted their spirits. We hope to go see Sean Hannity tomorrow night.
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were just to the left of you then at first. Man, I'm envious of you getting that close. Yea, I thought they were really surprised. Good to be able to raise their spirits. Man I thought that the part about Kerry, in his owns words about Iraq should have been used as an ad. We were sitting pretty close to a couple of college kids and they seemed shocked to see that. All you could hear was "oh my God" " Oh my God". I had my "Concerned College Mom" sweatshirt on and handed some of my flyers to them to give out to their friends. It was really great though.
Woodrow
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many were there? Was the crowd fired up when he finished?
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm figuring about 25,000 as they said if we each contacted 3 voters before Tuesday, then we could reach at least 75,000. Heard that the place held 20,000 but the floor was full too. And yes, it was electrofying. Crowd was so loud and didn't shut up for about 15 minutes to let Arnold speak. Bush kept getting interrupted by applause. Bush asked the crowd something like "How would you like to send Laura back to the White House for 4 more years?" The crowd went nuts. Lots of signs saying "Ohio loves Laura" Also, "Brutus (the Buckeye) loves Bush" All I can keep saying is that it was great!
Citizen for Truth
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Arnold speak on Fox News. Received an email from my Mother while it was on asking if I was watching. Emailed back saying Arnold was great and the Ohio crowd was even better. You got to witness a fantastic speech. Wonder if anyone has a transcript.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the rally on c-span - it was one hell of a speech by the Governator and one hell of a rousing stump speech by the Prez. He was obviously enjoying the crowd and the crowd obviously loved him - and Arnold and Laura, too.

I was hoping he'd speak of the bin Laden tape more than he did, but he was working on other good stuff.

I'm glad I didn't miss that one - and I'm pea green that I wasn't actually THERE!

You guys can do it - you can win OHIO for the honorable one and send Traitor John packing! Go, OHIO!!!! Very Happy
diane in IL
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a video of this event anywhere on-line? I really don't think this rally got too much coverage. And, I was disappointed that Arnold only spoke at one event. Is that right?

diane in IL
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it a thrill to be in the same building with these people--no matter how far away from them? I was at the Silverdome in Pontiac MI last Wednesday to see the Prez, Laura, and Zell Miller. Crowd was huge--local TV station estimated 35,000. Even though it's been three days ago, my feet touch the ground only occasionally. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: