SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Labor Unions turn Right?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clpeters23
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Labor Unions turn Right? Reply with quote

This morning on a radio talk show on WLS-AM in Chi-town, several labor union members called in claiming they're going to vote for the President. They are disgusted because the Dems have "let them down" and no longer reflect their core values.
The best line was a caller who said "President Bush is the b*lls of this country!"
Here, here!

Cathy
jerake
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

You're kidding! Can it be true? In blue-state IL? Wow, that actually give me a lot of hope, being in IL myself...
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their leaders seem to be sticking with the ********, however I have heard the regular members are going right too. I can see how, what decent person would want to be connected to thugs.
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's happening all over! Locally, the leaders in the predominately black community in our very Democrat infested Illinois county, have endorsed the Rupublican running for county board chairman. It's a situation that has NEVER happened! I'll bet if these residents actually get to the polls and vote for a Republican for the first time, they'll feel empowered. Then they'll go ahead and pull the Bush lever while they're at it! It's a trend I hope gets snowballing all over the country.
clpeters23
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like we say in Chicago "vote early and vote often".
jerake
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very encouraging news!...I dare not hope that IL would actually go for Bush in these elections (that may be overreaching, but I can dream).

The teacher union leaders at the HS District where I work are towing the Kerry line pretty hard. Maybe I'm too used to hearing the rhetoric spewed from their mouths.

I haven't even looked at the poll numbers coming out of IL lately...
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in a construction union here in Minnesota, in my company I only know of one guy voting for Kerry and he is an old hippy type. The majority of guys hate politics and probably wont even vote. All of us younger guys are voting for Bush.
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Illinois Reply with quote

I was active in IL for 18 of my 22 years their. The GOP has boogered it up pretty good. It’s going to take them 2-3 election cycles to get back on track. I'd love to see lil Dick Daley skewered. I understand the City of Joliet is going to finance the 3rd airport (smaller scale of course) and run it themselves. I pray they can pull it off and break it off in lil Dick's empire. God Bless the DuPage and southern counties GOP organizations. GO ALAN KEYES and JERRY WELLER!!!!!!!
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said this before on here, but my husband is a member of GMP union and there are over 800 employees or more there. Half of them are voting for Bush. Sick of the union not doing anything for them and then telling them how to vote. My husband is a very quiet man and last night at the Columbus rally for Bush, my 14 yr old and myself could not believe how loud and how hard he was yelling for the President. He was on his feet almost the whole time and was hoarse by the time we left. His face actually turned red. IT was great.
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really uplifts me to hear that! I took a trip to NJ to see a friend whose daughter was marrying a Iron worker she met there. The whole weekend I had to endure Bush-bashing and read idiotic bumper stickers that said: Rumsfailed, Osamas bin forgotten. and Burn the Bush etc. They were a pretty immature bunch. The couple showed up to the rehearsal dinner late and wearing warm-up suits. What a slap in the face to those of us who spent money traveling to their wedding. I almost went to the wedding the next day in jeans and a tee shirt covered in George Bush Pins, but I have a real hard time stooping to their level. That was the weekend that Ronald Reagan died. They had a real fun time making fun of him. What losers.
clpeters23
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That was the weekend that Ronald Reagan died. They had a real fun time making fun of him. What losers."

If a prominent Dem had died and a Conservative made fun, can you imagine the hue and cry?! Heartless, mean-spirited, and on and on. It's perfectly okay for the Left to rejoice when a Conservative dies. What a bunch of phony bleeding hearts.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, the Union is alive and well but way left on the political spectrum.
My husband is a UAW member, now retired. We get their propaganda in the form of the Union magazine and their democrat voter guide. The UAW is totally a one sided liberal Democrat political machine. I imagine if my husband no longer buys the union line, there must be others who think for themselves. It is scary though to see the members blindly follow their marching orders to the polls.

msindependent wrote:
Their leaders seem to be sticking with the democrats, however I have heard the regular members are going right too. I can see how, what decent person would want to be connected to thugs.
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polls are showing that Bush will win between 15-18 percent of the
African-American vote. This is up about 6-10 percent from 2000. This could easily seal Kerry's fate.
MissPatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I think this is a great trend!

My hubby belongs to a union also. We have always voted Republican. LOL He also found out alot of folks at his workplace are also voting repub. despite the unions propaganda.

What we've found is that this particular union doesn't really fight very hard for us. We've found they are always demanding more money for some reason or another (what they do with the money taken out of our paychecks remains to be seen).

Impotent.

Cool
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fact that many Unions take your dues and donate it to the Democratic party whether you like it or not. Sean Hannity had some big Windbag head of the Teamsters, or someone, and blasted him for it. It was an ugly confrontation that made the Unions look so crooked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: