SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Col Thomas Lockhart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAJ GEN KEN WEIR
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Col Thomas Lockhart Reply with quote

Mad Mad Mad I CAN NOT LOCATE IN ANY OF MY MARINE CORPS RECORDS OR OLD BLUE BOOKS ANY MARINE COL NAMED THOMAS LOCKHART. THAT'S NOT TO SAY THAT MY INFO IS COMPLETE BUT IT COULD BE THE NYT OR SOMEONE ELSE IS TRYING TO STICK IT TO SOMEONE WITH ALL THIS. IT'S POSSIBLE I GUESS THAT THE SEC NAV HAD AN ARMY OR AIR FORCE COL FOR EA. TO THE SEC BUT I DOUBT IT. A COL THOMAS LOCKHART LIVING IN SEDONA ARIZONA THAT HAS A BUSY PHONE FULLTIME? I WOULD OFFER A BIT OF CAUTION BEFORE WE GET IN TOO DEEP AND REALLY DISAPPOINTED. WE DON'T WONT TO GET NAILED LIKE RATHER AND HIS FRAUDULENT DOCS.
KEN WEIR

note: BBCcode enabled
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Site General Weir, and some sound advice there.
For those who do not know what this is reffering to, it is to the "E-mail" flying around the internet that we are not allowing to be posted here, as it has no verification.
No "Kinkos", around here.
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir,

Many thanks for seemingly being a much needed voice of reason. As a self stated service member, have you mustered with the Vets and Active Duty forum? I am sure there are many who would be pleased to know that we have a Major General on board.
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sir - It's an honor to have you here.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome Sir....

someone in sedona? phone always busy? probably on computer... we got anyone up north who could drive there if they got an address?

where can I view this email?
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
welcome Sir....

someone in sedona? phone always busy? probably on computer... we got anyone up north who could drive there if they got an address?

where can I view this email?

Oh, come on. I must have made friends with someone on this forum who will PM me the email that can't be posted.

Also, my email address is listed in my profile.

Please!

Sam
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but is this the Col. Thomas Lockhart you guys are looking for?

Quote:
Tom Lockhart was born on October 25, 1939, in St. Albans, West Virginia. He graduated from St. Albans High School in 1957 and then from West Virginia University with a BS degree in finance in 1961. He was a distinguished ROTC graduate and was commissioned a 2nd Lt. in the United States Air Force.
Lockhart entered under-graduate pilot training at Webb Air Force Base (AFB), Texas, and, upon graduation, was fortunate to get an assignment to F-100s. He was sent to Luke AFB for basic fighter training and then assigned to the 18th Tactical Fighter Wing (TFW) at Kadena Air Base (AB), Japan. The unit was transitioning to the F-105 Thunderchief, and Tom received his "Thud" checkout at Nellis AFB, Nevada, en-route to Japan.

He arrived at Kadena in August 1964, and was in the process of getting combat ready when the unit was sent to South East Asia (SEA) in December 1964. His squadron, the 44th Tactical Fighter Squadron, was deployed throughout 1965 to Korat AB, Thailand, with the mission of deep interdiction of North Vietnam. In June of 1966, the 44th TFS was re-designated the 13th TFS and sent PCS to Korat AB to perform strike and "Wild Weasel" missions.

Lockhart completed one hundred missions over North Vietnam on October 1, 1966, and was re-assigned to Air Training Command where he performed duty as both a T-37 and T-38 instructor pilot.
One of the student pilots to come through the command in 1969 was now-President George W. Bush, and Tom was privileged to be one of his IPs (Instructor Pilots).

Lockhart returned to South East Asia in 1971 flying the F-4E Phantom II. He accumulated another 125 missions as a line pilot and served on the wing staff as the Flight Safety Officer for fighter aircraft.

The remainder of Lockhart's 26 1/2-year career was spent in the following positions:
PACAF IG -- Hickham AFB, Hawaii
USMC Command and Staff College, Quantico, Virginia
F-4 IP – Homestead AAFB, Florida
TAC/IG F-4E -- Langley AFB, Virginia
Operations Officer F-16 -- Nellis AFB, Nevada
NATO TAC/EVAL -- Vincenza, Italy
HQ USAF IG -- Norton AFB, California

Lockhart retired as a Colonel in 1988. His decorations include:
Silver Star
Legion of Merit
Distinguished Flying Cross (4)
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Medal (15)
Air Force Commendation (2)
Numerous campaign ribbons and unit awards.
Life as a U.S. Air Force officer has provided Lockhart the opportunity to travel extensively and to live in many exciting places. It has given him the opportunity to experience many of his special interests, and Tom is a proficient snow skier, SCUBA diver, and glider pilot.

These days, Lockhart and his wife, Jan, are seeing from the ground many of the places he saw only from the air during his active duty days as they travel around the United States in their motor home. They have retired to Sedona, Arizona, where Tom also enjoys playing golf and riding his motorcycle. He is not nearly ready to give up flying and is a part-time pilot for a flying service in Sedona where he pilots doctors and medical personnel from Flagstaff to the clinics and hospitals on the various Indian reservations throughout Arizona.

During the wild fire season, Lockhart also flies for the US Forest Service in aircraft designated to observe and control firefighting activities. The Lockhart household is ruled by 3 Chow Chow dogs, "Ichi," "Thud," and "Tukee." He and Jan have been showing the dogs, and "Tukee" is an American and an International Champion.

http://www.wingmenforbush.com/lockhartII.htm

http://www.sungazette.com/articles.asp?articleID=11488

Since I'm just going off a name and don't know what I'm talking about, feel free to tell me to Butt Out and return to handing out candy to Trick or Treaters. No offense will be taken.
MAJ GEN KEN WEIR
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT SURE IS CLOSE AND EXPLAINS WHY I COULDN'T FIND HIM LISTED IN THE USMC RECORDS.

I DIDN'T SEE WHERE HE SERVED WITH A NAVY SEC IN HIS BIO. THE CLOSEST I COULD FIND WAS A USMC SCHOOL AT QUANTICO BUT HE MAY HAVE BEEN ON SEC NAV'S PERSONAL STAFF AT SOME TIME, LOOKS DOUBTFULL.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAJ GEN KEN WEIR wrote:
THAT SURE IS CLOSE AND EXPLAINS WHY I COULDN'T FIND HIM LISTED IN THE USMC RECORDS.

I DIDN'T SEE WHERE HE SERVED WITH A NAVY SEC IN HIS BIO. THE CLOSEST I COULD FIND WAS A USMC SCHOOL AT QUANTICO BUT HE MAY HAVE BEEN ON SEC NAV'S PERSONAL STAFF AT SOME TIME, LOOKS DOUBTFULL.

I'm kind of in the dark on exactly what email this thread is referring to so I don't understand and how he ties in. I may have found more but haven't posted it not knowing what this is about. Maybe you could send me a private message with more info and I'll see if I have any other info which might help.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

General Weir, may be some confusion on the names here, Col Lockhart is the man who gave President Bush his Flight Training.(Thanks Roon that had slipped my mind). I sent you a message via the Private Message feature here.

Last edited by rb325th on Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
General Weir, may be some confusion on the names here, Col Lockhart is the man who gave President Bush his Flight Training.

He did get extremely involved with the 2000 election, became very proactive at the end. I believe I read somewhere tonight that he is again very proactive and could be a conduit for some information going around. Just a guess since I'm in the dark other than a name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: