SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who has recanted?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohninTexas
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Who has recanted? Reply with quote

I just caught a few minutes of a show on MSNBC. John O'Neil was on it but I think it was a Kerry biography piece.

Anyway, the made the statement that "some of Kerry's attackers (meaning Swiftvets) have since recanted."

This was followed by some nameless toad explaining that Kerry was an "Audie Murphy" in Vietnam.

Have any of the Swiftvets recanted? If so, please provide details.

If none have, then MSNBC needs to hear about it and correct the record.
mcg1969
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Elliot clarified his testimony. This was early on in the blitz. It did not amount to a recanting on the facts, but the press has played that up for all it is worth.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They (the leftist media) are still trying to get the maximum mileage out of their own misrepresentation. The Swift vets haven't waivered an inch since they started.
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More propaganda! and "Selective facts!"

They are counting on no one checking!

That is why it is so important for you to email them. Even a quick email calling them on it is soooooooo important.

Also, check the thread on "Defeating Kerry is the only option."

It is so important that you keep the pressure up!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ask me this is adzactly why everyone needs to expose his hanoi / other then honorable discharge Mad
JohninTexas
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent the following to MSNBC viewerservices@msnbc.com

You ran a piece on John Kerry tonight where you discussed the claims made by the Swiftvets. Your narrator said that some of Kerry's attackers have since recanted.

This is not true. While some may have clarified original statements, not a single Swiftvet has deviated from his accusations . . . certainly not enough to call it a "recantation."

If you have evidence to the contrary, I would appreciate knowing what it is.

If you do not, then you have a duty to the American people to clarify the facts immediately since the airing of your piece hours before the election increases the magnitude of your error.

By the way . . . one of the men on the show mentioned that John Kerry was an "Audie Murphy" in Vietnam.

Audie Murphy was a legitimate American hero. Given what we now know about Kerry's record, to include what his own campaign has acknowledged to be true, it dishonors Lieutenant Murphy's memory to have him compared to John Kerry. Please desist in airing statements like that about our military heroes.
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JohninTexas"]I sent the following to MSNBC viewerservices@msnbc.com

You ran a piece on John Kerry tonight where you discussed the claims made by the Swiftvets. Your narrator said that some of Kerry's attackers have since recanted.

Audie Murphy was a legitimate American hero. Given what we now know about Kerry's record, to include what his own campaign has acknowledged to be true, it dishonors Lieutenant Murphy's memory to have him compared to John Kerry. Please desist in airing statements like that about our military heroes.

Audie Murphy never considered himself a Hero and it bothered him until his death being considered that status. I have met many men with Honors, men like Bud Daly MOH winner and none of these men considered themselves as Heros, most never talked about their Heroics or how they earned their medals. I had a crew member Richard Trussoni, who won the Bronze Star for saving his OinC's life while in a firefight. I never knew it until 4 years ago when I read a report on the action. Richard or as I knew him as "Dirty Frank" is a staunch Democrat and I still love him and respect him til this day. I will never go against my brothers even now when we are at odds of todays events. When jfk "reported for duty" all he did was brag and dishonor men that "Had reported for Duty and paid the Supreme Price for this Country or lived after as a POW and suffered torture and pain due to jkf's words or the men and women that suffer from the injuries, both physical and mental from that era." That is jfk's legacy, he never learned that you do not brag about your medals, either earned or not earned legitimate. You cannot imagine the pain we feel that this man has gotten this close to being POTUS, he has to be stopped and taken out of the polictical arena.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohninTexas wrote:
I sent the following to MSNBC viewerservices@msnbc.com

This is not true. While some may have clarified original statements, not a single Swiftvet has deviated from his accusations . . . certainly not enough to call it a "recantation."

If you have evidence to the contrary, I would appreciate knowing what it is.

If you do not, then you have a duty to the American people to clarify the facts immediately since the airing of your piece hours before the election increases the magnitude of your error.

By the way . . . one of the men on the show mentioned that John Kerry was an "Audie Murphy" in Vietnam.

NICE smackdown!
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Who has recanted? Reply with quote

JohninTexas wrote:
I just caught a few minutes of a show on MSNBC. John O'Neil was on it but I think it was a Kerry biography piece.

Anyway, the made the statement that "some of Kerry's attackers (meaning Swiftvets) have since recanted."

This was followed by some nameless toad explaining that Kerry was an "Audie Murphy" in Vietnam.

Have any of the Swiftvets recanted? If so, please provide details.

If none have, then MSNBC needs to hear about it and correct the record.

John,
That "nameless toad" was Douglas Brinkley, Kerry biographer. Talk about having to "recant" ---much of his book "Tour of Duty" directly conflicts with Kerry's own military records as the SwiftVets have pointed out. I also noticed Brinkley said that ALL Kerry's military records were available and they are all true and the SwiftVets have been discredited (or something to that effect). And the comment about Audie Murphy, now that one REALLY got me going!

The rest of the "Headliners & Legends" show from MSNBC (which has been shown many many other times on MSNBC prior) was pretty darn favorable to him, just take a look at the people they "interviewed". From memory they are --Cameron Kerry (his brother who was arrested for breaking into Kerry's opponents campaign headquarters in 72), Diane Kerry (sister), David Thorne (brother in law, VVAW member, & Campaign advisor), Doug Brinkley (Kerry Biographer), Kranish (Kerry biographer), some woman that was a lifelong Kerry friend, Alexandria Kerry (daughter), Ted Kennedy, and I'm sure there are others I have missed. The only "anti-Kerry" person to appear that I recall was John O'Neill and they only showed 2 very short comments from him, I'd say when combined together do not add up to more than 15-20 seconds. Just about the only other person I would have expected to be in the show that was not is George Butler (co-author of The New Soldier and producer of Kerry documentary "Going Upriver").
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: