SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ohio Voters, Michael Moore & other concerns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Ohio Voters, Michael Moore & other concerns Reply with quote

I heard on Fox last night that Michal Moore will be sending hundreds and hundreds of film crew to our polling sites. He wants to film any possible attempts to disenfranchize voters, or so he says. I think he is just trying to intimidate and after some of the things I've read and seen reported, I fell kind of intimidated already. Maybe my mind is working overtime, maybe not, but if there will be media on site, Moore's people on site, lawyers out the wazoo on site, and the chance of extremely long lines (some people in Flordia wait in line 3 - 4 hours, and that's Early Voting!) and I've seen reports of 'fighting' in line, this voting is going to be insane. The Kerry people were extremely organized and prepared to 'get out the vote'. I've read reports that they will bring bus loads of people first thing in the morning and right before lunch so that the lines are neverending for folks that need to get to work. IF the lines take 3 - 4 hours before Nov. 2nd , I can't even imagine what they will be like on the 2nd. Then you will have the 'official' poll watchers inside and lawyers inside....I'm in the Toledo area, I don't think too many people here are going to put up any pressure or intimidation....but it sure makes getting to the polls and getting your right to vote challenging and a bit frightening. I'm determined though....Bring a chair, something to read, something to drink and be prepared to wait, I guess. Or, if someone can reassure me it won't be like this I'd be happy to hear it!

Kimberly
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are in the areas then get out there and protest the weasels! I would be ready to call the police if I saw any intimidation and improprieties of any kind. Actually I though that protestors or whatever could not get within so many feet of the polls themselves, make sure that does not happen. Take your own camera and film what they do, wherever that piece of crap goes you must go. Call the local GOP HQ and offer your help. Encourage the Republicans in line to stay and hang in there cuz our troops are fighting and dying and believing in Bush all the while. This intimidation crap should never be allowed to work!
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Ohio Voters, Michael Moore & other concerns Reply with quote

Hi Kimberly

If Michael Moore films my voting precinct it will be the most boring footage imaginable. We stand quietly. There are signs everywhere saying no discussion of issues and candidates. We speak in near whispers. I hope the producers have not been given orders to spice things up. They would stand out like a sore Edwards thumb if they did and would be taken care of quickly.

Please don't be intimidated by anything that happens at the polls. By law you and all legal voters are protected. If you feel uncomfortable just know THEY CAN NOT TAKE IT AWAY FROM YOU. Just DO IT and let the Michael Moore types flap their gums or their arms or their cameras.

I hope all voters know their rights and will stand up for them. In 2000 I heard about voters that went home after hearing that Bush was the winner on TV news. No one should take the word of the media about anything concerning the election. If president Bush takes an early lead, vote anyway even if you have to stand in line and knock Michael Moore out of the way. Laughing Laughing

kimberly wrote:
I heard on Fox last night that Michal Moore will be sending hundreds and hundreds of film crew to our polling sites. He wants to film any possible attempts to disenfranchize voters, or so he says. I think he is just trying to intimidate and after some of the things I've read and seen reported, I fell kind of intimidated already. <snip>
Kimberly
DoctorDebug
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out what my kids' band has to say about Michael Moore:

www.aath.net/hatefullies
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think MM helps voters choose Bush....
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deserturtle wrote:
I think MM helps voters choose Bush....

I am not worried about Ohio if MM will be there. I thing Karl Rove is actually aware of this idiot and how much use he can be. A complete RETARD.

Most people I know say he makes them puke..

Need some wood?!?!
Adnil77
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that an invasion of privacy? I mean, I'm sire that there are those who DO NOT want to be photographed. That is so intimidating,and he's only trying to make another million for his fat pocketbook. I'm quite sure he's going to turn that into a documantary too. If I saw him photographing me, I would be so mad. I also wonder why the police would allow this with the terrorist threat so big right now.
I wonder how he keeps getting away with what he does. He's such a slob!!
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw MM claims but I don't think he can film people without their permission. This smells likd voter intimidation to me.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your kids have a great song. " michael moore is a medi whore." great song, good beat, love the lyrics, I'll give it a 10.
weds
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Just Close Your Eyes and Imagine Reply with quote

Simply close your eyes before you get out of your car, ask God to be at your side, draw on your faith and visualize that Chief is standing next to you...ready to kick the ass of anyone who would intimidate you.

Better yet, go with 10 friends and all of you vote FOR BUSH at the same time!

HEAD UP! DO THE RIGHT THING!

SWC
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adnil77 wrote:
Isn't that an invasion of privacy? I mean, I'm sire that there are those who DO NOT want to be photographed. That is so intimidating,and he's only trying to make another million for his fat pocketbook. I'm quite sure he's going to turn that into a documantary too. If I saw him photographing me, I would be so mad. I also wonder why the police would allow this with the terrorist threat so big right now.
I wonder how he keeps getting away with what he does. He's such a slob!!

Adnit77,

Bingo, you got it right exactly as I was thinking. Can you imagine the outrage from the liberals if it were the other way around, they whine about the Patriot Act and all....If Moore uses it for a documentary and films people without their permission there will be hell to pay.
lcu238
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: VOTING NOV2 Reply with quote

Talk about boring , we have bake sales an dinners at the churches an firehalls . Nobody intimidates anybody , its not our way in the Finger Lakes .Thats on nov2 .
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let him waste his money.... he's employing lots of cameramen.... he may even have to buy them airline tickets.... again helping the economy AND reducing his wealth and ability to influence another election...

If he thinks he is going to get anything useful on film he's crazy....
No one will believe his film ---- his reputation for authenticity is right there with Mr. Rather's....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: