SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

St Paul Pioneer Press goes for Bush - stop the presses!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: St Paul Pioneer Press goes for Bush - stop the presses! Reply with quote

Giving some counterweight to the Star Tribune across the river in Minneapolis, today's Pioneer Press gives an endorsement to President George Bush.

Knock me over with a feather!

They've done a somewhat reasonable job of trying to come back closer to center over the last year, and while I think the liberal bias is alive and well at the paper, I don't fling it down in disgust every day. I used to read both - cancelled the Strib except for Sunday (I know, I know, but we're in real estate and need the ads. It's the bigger paper) a few weeks ago.
Melissa
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa!!! I'd given up on our local papers. Like you, I've been getting the Sunday Trib only. Need my coupons and crossword fix. Guess I've got good reason to switch. Thanks!
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, let's show them that a more balanced approach to the news leads to an increase in circulation. Money talks.
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading the Sunday Star Trib my entire life, I cancelled and switched to the Pioneer Press about a year ago.
I think they are very neutral, but they still run stories from the NYT, WaPo, and AP which are a part of the Communist media.

Melissa, they have the same coupons as the S&T, and a crossword somewhere. Be sure to let them know why you are canceling.
Melissa
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Melissa, they have the same coupons as the S&T, and a crossword somewhere. Be sure to let them know why you are canceling

I just like the crossword in the Trib, below the NY Times, and that one isn't in the Press. Sort of an 'old habit'. But I'll get over it!

Out of curiousity, I just called with my parents. They have already switched to the Press, and they've made it very clear to the Tribune that they are sick and tired of the front page becoming the new 'editorial' page.

For those who have the Press, is there a poll on the front page about the race in Minnesota? The Trib is showing K-49, and Bush-41. I think I heard that the Press is showing a Bush lead or tie. Big Difference!
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the guys at Powerline think of the Tri's Poll.
http://powerlineblog.com/archives/008387.php

Yesterday, in "For whom the Minnesota Poll tolls," I anticipated that the Minneapolis Star Tribune would release a poll on Sunday that would show John Kerry pulling away from President Bush in Minnesota. Whatever its other defects, the Star Tribune cannot be faulted for unreliability.

Exactly as anticipated, Sunday's Star Tribune reports that John Kerry has opened a 49-41 lead over President Bush in the results of the latest Star Tribune Minnesota Poll: "Minnesota Poll: Kerry opens a lead." The Star Tribune story also reports that the (far more reliable) St. Paul Pioneer Press/MPR Mason-Dixon Poll released today shows the race essentially tied, with Bush leading 48-47: "Bush, Kerry in dead heat."

As has become the tradition, the Star Tribune attributes the discrepancy to the "volatility" of the voters. I, on the other hand, attribute the discrepancy to the "inaccuracy" of the Minnesota Poll. Sickening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: