SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fair and Balanced FOX -- NOT!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Fair and Balanced FOX -- NOT! Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed over the past week, Fox News has featured sKerry
in its main photo? I've been boycotting USAToday.com as they
are clearly the center of the knee-jerk liberal universe, but Fox?

Fox is fair and balanced? Sure, and BOR isn't an obnoxious A**hole,
who just spent $4M to make a groundless harrassment suit go away?
Fine. What's that? You really do have ocean front property
in Arizona for sale? Great. If anyone has an alternative news
source that makes atleast some attempt to be 'fair and balanced',
please share it.

redstate.org wrote:

Saturday morning ABCNews' "Noted Now" briefly posted this:
KERRY CAMPAIGN BLOWS UP AT FOX, THREATENS TO THROW FOX OFF THE PLANE, BACKS OFF

KERRY CAMP OBJECTS TO 4:00pm FOX NEWS SEGMENT: ALAN COLMES: "It's not like he [Osama bin Laden] had a Kerry-Edward bumper sticker in his cave." NEIL CAVUTO: "But he's all but doing that, isn't he? I thought I saw a button."

KERRY CAMP ASKS FOR RETRACTION, DOES NOT GET ONE… JOHN SASSO BLOWS UP AT FOX PRODUCER ON PLANE: "Is that the one? Is that her? I want her off the plane tomorrow. I'm not kidding."
COMM. DIR. STEPHANIE CUTTER BACKTRACKS: "He [Sasso] was wrong to say that. We jumped all over him for it."

So that's it...FOX is getting blackmailed by the sKerry camp?

I'm afraid the MSM has blown so much smoke, we're all going
to get rectal cancer soon!

And while I'm ranting, did you hear Comedy Channel has canceled
Tough Crowd? That sucks. I sent them an email to protest,
and I even stripped it of all its ranting--especially the part about
having all the executives of Comedy Channel vacationing in Africa
and picking up Ebola so they can all bleed their life blood out of all
orifices...

Lastly, in the words of Dennis Miller, father of the rant,
"you'd think if you belonged to the Bathist party,
you'd have to take one every two or three weeks." Very Happy

Mission Accomplished!!
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: FOX F & B? NOT Reply with quote

I conducted my own 3 day informal survey of FOXNewsNet last week after noticing when they went to GWB event they were interrupted by something but, it seldom happened when Campaign Carl was talking about Kerry.

I e-mailed my findings to each of the day/evening anchors Wed., Oct. 27. I'm certain their responses are floating in cyberspace for they've not reached my mailbox.

According to my survey, FOX owes the Bush campaign approx. 30 minutes of coverage, if they are truly Fair & Balanced. The best example I sent was: After listening to Candidate Kerry, then Campaign Carl's analysis you switched to President Bush's big rally ...unfortunately all I could hear was Kerry's voice; you said you'd get the audio corrected and return to Bush. Oops, there you went again ... another FOX ALERT.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, the president of Fox (not the owner, but the president) came out for the traitor a couple of months ago. Fox stinks, look at Boreilly.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, Fox has wimped out. I think they were spoofed by the Outfoxed documentary. I haven't watched it much since the debates - but I still LOVE Neil Cavuto and I can't wait to watch him tomorrow to see how he responds to the Kerry Kampf on the OBL tape. I don't think he'll wimp out Wink Very Happy

Debbie
ProudArmyWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you all have noticed the same thing....I thought I was just being paranoid again. I've noticed that the bottom scroll always reads like the CNN scroll...just yesterday they scrolled about the missing 350 tons of explosives again...just like it was a brand new story, no mention of the refute by the Army or the newer memos showing less explosives and easy access thru the air vents. However, it still beats the other networks and I love Britt Hume (and my husband's ok with that).
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
Hello, the president of Fox (not the owner, but the president) came out for the traitor a couple of months ago. Fox stinks, look at Boreilly.

We--the conservative viewers--are the ones that make them as they are today. We certainly can scale them back if they tend to follow MSM. I have noticed that they hire a bunch of pathetic liberals, from Ferraro to Beckel.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really think about Fox's position in all this, all you have to do is to remind yourself how many countless hours have been spent speculating on the trial of Scott Peterson, while not a single "inform-the-voter" piece has been done on sKerry! (Never mind the Swift Boat charges, there's not even been an exposure of sKerry's Senate voting record, which is absymal.)

Cavuto, Gibson and Hume are all OK, but the rest are about worthless IMHO. Hannity is another story altogether; he's much loved by many of the members here, but I think he's too obviously partisan to be effective; he and Colmes represent entertaining opposites, but not serious news personalities.

But... If you've observed the world of the media and politics for the past few months you may, like me, begin to think that there is a whole lot more blackmail, intimidation, thuggery, etc., at work "out there" than anyone can conceive. And that may be part of the Fox story.

Last edited by Anker-Klanker on Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tex
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For whatever reason, FOXNews polls have always favored Kerry. Even after the Republican convention, when the other polls had the President ahead by double-digits, FOX had the race a virtual tie.

Maybe FOX has been right all along, and everybody else is wrong. I suspect, though, that they're making it out to be so close in an effort to keep viewers tuned in.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up on FOX. They think they're conservative, but they have gone to the dark side like the rest of the media sheep.
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Susan "Squawkbox" Estrich on Fox earlier today;
she said she was willing to bet Kerry would win. I'll take take bet!
She thinks the young vote will come out and make this a landslide for
Kerry. IMHO, that's like depending on a vegetarian to cater your
Bar-B-Que! Students may vote --depending on the weather,
or the length of the queue, or even the quality of programming on
the cartoon channel--I wouldn't want to depend on them. Rolling Eyes

Mission Accomplished!!
tx
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think after Rathergate, they thought they could pull in a lot more viewers, so they are leaning left. This has hurt them and will get worse. We need a new news system.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sround wrote:
Saw Susan "Squawkbox" Estrich on Fox earlier today;
she said she was willing to bet Kerry would win. I'll take take bet!
She thinks the young vote will come out and make this a landslide for
Kerry. IMHO, that's like depending on a vegetarian to cater your
Bar-B-Que! Students may vote --depending on the weather,
or the length of the queue, or even the quality of programming on
the cartoon channel--I wouldn't want to depend on them. Rolling Eyes

I agree about the young vote. Don't forget tests to take and all nighters, papers due, and partying too late. Plus what is she going to say, "We're going to lose and lose big." She wouldn't dare. Plus another thing the dark side doesn't understand is that they would do better to tell us we are way up in the polls. That would be more likely to keep us home, but the dark side doesn't work with confidence and strength, they only know how to use fear and hate.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also supposed to be rainy bad weather on Tuesday up in the northeast.....so voter turnout will be less in that liberal hotbed.

GWB landslide.........
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
It's also supposed to be rainy bad weather on Tuesday up in the northeast

Yah-hoo!

Say...Beautiful downtown Burbank...you're not an old Laugh-In
viewer are you???? Very Interesting... Very Happy

Mission Accomplished!!
diane in IL
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad to be reading this thread. I was so depressed after watching the news this morning... I figured.. Gee, if Fox is reporting gloom and doom, we are really sunk. Then, I started watching MSNBC, and immediately felt optimistic again. They (MSNBC), were actually reporting fairly, and Fox was sounding like the OIM. Since then, I have had the tv off all day and just get my news from here. It is sooo much better for my blood pressure Confused .

I can't figure out what has gotten in to Fox. They will straighten out though, as soon as their ratings start to tank. And they WILL tank.... for what we give them.. we can taketh away!

diane in IL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: